[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove Guild Teleport from Flag Race

AK712AK712
Reactions: 1,840
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Here is how every flag race currently goes:

Player 1 from the largest guild gets to the end of the first lap and sits there.
Player 2 from the largest guild gets a Guild Teleport powerup and follows Player 1.
Player 3 from the largest guild mans the first cannon and sits there shooting.
Player 4 from the largest guild mans the second cannon and sits there shooting.
Once Player 2 finishes his first lap, he uses Guild Teleport to Player 1 and completes Lap 2. Then he sits on the powerup spawns until he gets another one, then uses Guild Teleport again and wins the race, about a minute after it starts.

All the other guilds don't have a chance.

Just remove the Guild Teleport powerup and make it an even race for everyone.

Comments

• KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Since the guild teleport picks a random member for summon/teleport, smaller guilds can sometimes have an advantage. In the given scenario, the player may teleport to a member not in the finish line and therefore wastes a teleport. It is more RNG that way. The way I did it with my guild before is with just two people (so teleport/summon is guaranteed location) and we had reasonable guild race ranking in Scania.

I do not think the race will ever be fair due to other factors like mass loading of many characters (lag) in the map and predictability of maps. There will be an advantage somewhere.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited July 2017
    Kitties wrote: »
    Since the guild teleport picks a random member for summon/teleport, smaller guilds can sometimes have an advantage. In the given scenario, the player may teleport to a member not in the finish line and therefore wastes a teleport. It is more RNG that way. The way I did it with my guild before is with just two people (so teleport/summon is guaranteed location) and we had reasonable guild race ranking in Scania.

I do not think the race will ever be fair due to other factors like mass loading of many characters (lag) in the map and predictability of maps. There will be an advantage somewhere.

This is why most guilds only get 2 players in each flag room, so it's not ramdom only 1 choice.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Player 3 from the largest guild mans the first cannon and sits there shooting.
    Player 4 from the largest guild mans the second cannon and sits there shooting.

Nah.
    Player 3/4 are solo runners from dead guilds/who didn't bother trying to bring guildies in to run with, but also enjoy wasting other peoples' time while wasting their own.
    If teleports go, so should everything else. Besides maybe the rush and jump boost because those take some timing to pull off efficiently.

Alternatively, a friend of mine suggested having different tiers of flagrace. Right now it picks players based on levels when levels really have nothing to do with flagrace. A better way would be to pick players based on how many guildies are participating. So 2+vs2+ and 1vs1.