[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Request Help picking.

Gio1373Gio1373
Reactions: 1,405
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Ok. So I can no longer pick my own class.. I chose to main a Jett , he's 232 (I think I deserve a medal of godly fortitude for that), and dear god he never gets better. I genuinely feel if I moved an equivalent of his gear over to anyone they'd steam roll over everything. Sadly not wasting soks/psoks on that since it would only be a Corsair; because they're so random it's weird.

So I ask of anyone who reads this to suggest a single class 2 tops. I'll tally it up and reroll a new main.
So I will be doing both a butt load of grinding and bossing, but the end result of course is a bosser. I do like ranged characters but I also like tanky characters. I also prefer to stay off bandwagons trains, HENCE why I had a Jett. But, let's be honest.. they're Nexon's red-headed stepchild of disappointment and failure. Aside from that anything goes :D

That's where I got stumped and just decided to put my faith in all of you and hopefully not be told hey play a Jett.... Please.... no more.. I'm very patient just not dumb enough to fall for the " if I fund him more he'll get better" ...No he really won't get much better...

Comments

• AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I'd suggest Wild Hunter and Marksman. Both are semi-tanky and deal great damage.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Angelic Buster? You can move everything except your weapon to her lol. Dunno if you consider the class worth the psoks though. Her attacks have pretty long range. Soul Seeker probably has about the same range as shooting skills, while Trinity has almost as much. And it's a pretty uncommon class, though I've been seeing more and more recently. Dunno what specifically you mean by tanky, but she has a 10s invincibility skill and a 20% damage reduction skill (haven't really seen anyone use it for that purpose, though - it forces you to stay still and has a bit of ending lag). She also has a 50% damage reduction buff for non-%hp attacks.

You could also move everything (gun included) to a Mechanic. I only leveled mine to like 140, didn't really like it but that's probably not long enough for me to fully judge a class.

And I know that people say you should play what you like and stuff, but if I ever decided to quit AB, I'd prioritize classes that I could move my equips to, so that I'm not really starting from zero lol. (which means Jett, Corsair, or Mechanic... not the best line-up).

You could also just pray that they buff Jett some more lol.
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited July 2017
    They just buffed Jett they won't for roughly another year to year and a half. Even with the buff he's grossly weaker than other classes. I would argue weaker than a bishop even since at least they get utility that makes up for their low dps.

As for starting over, it doesn't really matter to me. I have several bill stashed away because when I got Faf gear and started cubing I saw the potential for this cropping up. Where others are starting to hit 10-15 m a line you're just barely hitting 5 maybe 6.

So I don't mind starting over from zero. Any class goes not just dex related ones.