[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

SKILL Fox Spirits makes Spirit Frenzy do no damage

ReportedddReporteddd
Reactions: 200
edited November 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality, Skill

Brief bug summary: Enabling Shades "Fox Spirits" toggle makes "Spirit Frenzy" do no damage.

More details: I've taken two gyazo GIFs of Fox Spirits being ON vs OFF [look at the top right corner]
ON : https://gyazo.com/2d0b988a809a72e53fae46b7c37684e8
OFF : https://gyazo.com/7e8e5b52c0ca5b6d570a4aed24fbc00d
As you can see Copper Drakes have very low health and are not dying to my damage when Fox Spirits is ON

Character name: BlaySlacks

Character level: 73

Character job: Shade

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: All the time for the past year

Comments

• ReportedddReporteddd
    edited November 2016
    Should I be awaiting a response or is this all that is needed for this bug to be fixed?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Reporteddd

Should I be awaiting a response or is this all that is needed for this bug to be fixed?
    Nexon hardly ever responds to bug reports.
    They either fix the bug (in their own good time) or they don't, and then you report it again or bump your thread if you see the bug is still there after a game update.
    Reporteddd
  • HighhorseryHighhorsery
    Reactions: 1,065
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    This bug has been around since Heroes of Maple Patch. It also affects Spirit Incarnation. I used to be able to able to kill normal mode horntail with spirit incarnation before the Heroes of Maple Patch, but after the patch both Spirit Frenzy and Spirit incarnation stopped doing damage after procing Fox Spirits. I hope nexon can fix this soon because the next big patch in December, both Spirit Frenzy and Spirit Incarnation will play a big part in shade's damage. I would not like to see this bug to affect both spirit Frenzy and Spirit Incarnation when shade is using their upcoming new skill whenever Fox Spirits procs. It would not make my maple experience fun. :(

Character Name: Ingots
    Character Level: 220
    Character Job: Shade
    World: Scania
    Date of incident: First day of Heroes of Maple Patch
    Reporteddd
  • ReportedddReporteddd
    edited November 2016
    Let's hope so my friend!
  • HighhorseryHighhorsery
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Well V patch is out, but this bug still exist. I am really hoping this will get fixed after the December 15th patch. Nexon has been doing a decent job fixing all the bugs I reported over the past months, so hopefully this 1 will join that list. :)
  • ZexceedZexceed
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    I have had the same bug as well.. On the topic of Shade bugs, this has yet to be adressed as far as I know:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/3693/shade-s-liver-drop-rate-duration-reduced-in-v-177
  • HighhorseryHighhorsery
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Well 5th job advancement is out and this has not been fixed yet. I pray this bug doesn't affect Spirit Frenzy and spirit Incarnation from Spirit Flow when Fox Spirits procs.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited August 2017
    NecroBump because it has never been fixed and it's 8 months into 2017...

When Fox Spirit is active and activates when using Spirit Incarnation or Spirit Frenzy, these 2 skills do no damage.

Ez temp fix: Don't allow Fox Spirit to trigger with these skills.

But really fix this issue at it's core.

Character name: Replîcant
    Class; Shade
    Level:203
  • cypher111cypher111
    edited March 2018
    Super bump. Still an issue 6 months later.
  • xi12570xi12570
    Bumping this again, since there has now been another major patch (v196, Ark) with no fix. AFAIK, this has been bugged for a full 2 years now.

Really problematic, because you have to have Fox Spirits toggled on for optimal DPM, but the bug makes it so that you can't do damage or heal with Spirit Frenzy (which would normally be a good skill to heal with due to its high number of hits per second), and also renders the "Shade's Spirit Frenzy Final Damage (while Spirit Guardian is using Spirit Frenzy): +450%" effect of the level 200 version of Spirit Bond Max completely useless.

This is as good a time as any fix the bug, as it hopefully can be addressed along with the other Shade bugs that have arisen this patch (the crashing after Foxtrot and matrix point enhanced Spiritgate bugs).
  • Michael30126Michael30126
    edited August 2018
    Bump also, it is now the Monark event and I decided to level up Shade with burning buff. I just thought spirit frenzy didn't work after a while but now I know it's because of fox spirits. I'm surprised to find out this has been a problem for over a year! Just like in the lore Shade has been forgotten :(
    NyanBadAcc
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    How could this go unfixed for so long? Does Nexon not care about Shades at all? Could a mod please forward this to them and stress that it's been TWO YEARS?
    darik