[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Congratulations on Burning All Your Bridges.

AK712AK712
Reactions: 1,840
edited August 2017 in Rants and Raves
There have been some bad choices made in all of the years I've been here. But this one tops them all, and most likely will prove to destroy whatever good community is left.

From what I read of the rules for joining the PTS, members should have been "in good standing." But apparently this doesn't matter, because you decided to go ahead and give PTS access to a person who constantly complains, verbally harasses users and staff, has been warned many, many times, and rarely actually spends any time in-game.

By doing this, you have burned every bridge. You have given everyone the impression that the best way to get on top is to whine and harass as much as possible until you get what you want. You've thrown all of the people who try and treat everyone with respect and kindness under the bus. What do you expect to happen now? Do you really expect this to become a better community for giving them this impression? No, everything is going to get worse. There no longer appears to be any reason at all to, as the game puts it, "speak nicely and be nice." It certainly didn't do anything for those who have, and those who haven't are rewarded for their bad behavior.

I very much hope something will be done about this, but I've lost all hope now. I no longer expect anything good. If bad actions are rewarded, and good actions go unnoticed, something has gone horribly wrong.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    o-o Id ask...but I doubt that is a good idea. I wanted to be in the PTS as well...but hey, I just have to assume it was a random raffle kinda thing. I wonder who has made you so... salty
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    Reactions: 870
    edited August 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    o-o Id ask...but I doubt that is a good idea. I wanted to be in the PTS as well...but hey, I just have to assume it was a random raffle kinda thing. I wonder who has made you so... salty

I think it was because of reading the "Worst players" posts and noticed they were in the PTS which triggered anger from it because the person didn't deserve to be on the server.

also

You assume that it was a random raffle but if it was a random one why does the MOST active players on both the server and forums do get picked for pts?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017

I think it was because of reading the "Worst players" posts and noticed they were in the PTS which triggered anger from it because the person didn't deserve to be on the server.

also

You assume that it was a random raffle but if it was a random one why does the MOST active players on both the server and forums do get picked for pts?

:T well I am active on both...gonna guess AK wasn't picked...DarkPassenger wasn't picked either...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017

also

:T well I am active on both...gonna guess AK wasn't picked...DarkPassenger wasn't picked either...

AK was picked which I see as a good thing, cause he/she always has good eye for bugs and such.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited August 2017
    I think it's just a random raffle :/ it all depends on luck whether a player joins the pts or not .
  • JellyPhishJellyPhish
    Reactions: 420
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It's a random raffle there will be other chances dude...
    LilyflowerCatooolooo
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited August 2017
    JellyPhish wrote: »
    It's a random raffle there will be other chances dude...
    yep.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    not sure who in the PTS made you so salty but, as long as they are in good standing in-game (meaning no current in game bans) they were likely still fine to be put in the PTS, forum issues have no connection to your in-game account standing. it's a raffle, and those with a fine in-game account standing are fine to be in the PTS.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017

If someone has explicitly broken the rules of the game then I can flag them for review. But being a bit rude and getting some warnings to stop being rude is not necessarily a disqualifier. I've been rude to a lot of people in the past, and you yourself have quite a few complaints under your belt. It's part of being on the internet. Yes, you should be polite to others and no, I won't tolerate unnecessary rudeness, but that doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.
    Besides, why would they sign up for the server if they didn't want to help the game grow?

If you see this person breaking the rules you should report it immediately, but complaining constantly isn't necessarily something we're looking to ban. In fact, it'd be rather counter-productive to have only users who agree with everything.

That having been said, this thread is rather flame-baiting in nature. "Calling out" other users is against the rules, and only leads to further arguments. I will be locking this thread to prevent any speculation which might incriminate other users. If you see someone breaking the rules, report them, but "complaining all the time" isn't breaking the rules.
This discussion has been closed.