[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding the Firstarter Ring from Marvel Machine

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited August 2017 in Announcements
Hey Maplers!

We want to inform you all that everyone who receives the untradeable Firestarter Ring from the Marvel Machine will have it replaced with a tradeable coupon for the Firestarter Ring in the August 30 maintenance.

Thank you!

Comments

• SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I equipped mine since I figured it was meant to be untradeable. I would not have done that if I had known it was an error.

Will the one I equipped be able to be replaced too?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited August 2017
    Seerow wrote: »
    I equipped mine since I figured it was meant to be untradeable. I would not have done that if I had known it was an error.

Will the one I equipped be able to be replaced too?

Yes, you have nothing to worry about if you've already equipped yours.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2017
    making the trade just make it become a black market item. When people sell high value merchandise from in the free market, they usually look for real money, NX and not mesos. Please reconsider before making items like this tradeable.
    DarkPassenger
  • PROMOPROMO
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    making the trade just make it become a black market item. When people sell high value merchandise from in the free market, they usually look for real money, NX and not mesos. Please reconsider before making items like this tradeable.

only way to make it sell in mesos is if there was no cap on mesos holding such as 9,999,999,999 no longer exists and we can carry 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    PROMO wrote: »

only way to make it sell in mesos is if there was no cap on mesos holding such as 9,999,999,999 no longer exists and we can carry 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

That would ruin the economy more than it is now.
  • SeerowSeerow
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

Well I did not get a coupon of any sort and still have my untradeable Firestarter Ring. Should I file a ticket for this then?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited August 2017
    Seerow wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »

Well I did not get a coupon of any sort and still have my untradeable Firestarter Ring. Should I file a ticket for this then?

It will be done in next weeks maintenance.
    This was announced on the discord, sorry we missed it here!
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    PROMO wrote: »

well, not really, you can always trade for items with equal value.

no boom aee, prime scroll, All Stats % [A] Nebulite are worth quite a hefty
    ShadowParadox
  • ReformReform
    Reactions: 560
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Arwoo, Nexon forgot to fix the rings that were still in Marvel Vault. The code still redeems an untradeable ring! Can you fix this soon please? I redeemed a code recently and it is not a use-tradeable coupon!
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited September 2017
    Reform wrote: »
    Arwoo, Nexon forgot to fix the rings that were still in Marvel Vault. The code still redeems an untradeable ring! Can you fix this soon please? I redeemed a code recently and it is not a use-tradeable coupon!

You need to send a ticket to support here and they will be able to help you exchange it :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Okhura wrote: »

You need to send a ticket to support here and they will be able to help you exchange it :)

And for the next 2 or 3 years (how long do Marvel codes last?), every person that redeems a Firestarter from their Marvel vault will have to contact Support to replace it with a coupon?
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Okhura wrote: »

And for the next 2 or 3 years (how long do Marvel codes last?), every person that redeems a Firestarter from their Marvel vault will have to contact Support to replace it with a coupon?

Yes, this would be the case.