[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Absolute Taste event - inventory clogger

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Archive
Edit: please see the suggestion for an improved design, 2 responses down, and comment on it.

This event has us cooking recipes that get more and more complex as we tier up.
I've only gotten to tier 5, and the ingredients for it take up 11 ETC slots. I don't want to think about what it would take to cook at tier 10.
There are also 11 kinds of ingredient boxes (orange boxes). In Tespia, all of them drop all the time. I don't know whether in the live server, only the box for your current tier will drop. I think not, because you're allowed to try improving your score for lower-tier recipes, so you need to be able to collect their ingredients. So that's 11 slots in USE. But that's not all - they only stack to 99. You need more than 99 boxes, especially in the higher tiers, to get all the ingredients you'll experiment with. So several stacks for each tier.

The event also awards medals, that do not register in the collection (as of right now).

Bottom line, this event is going to be impossible for me, and for others like me who have chronically full inventories.

Please think of a way to make it more doable. Perhaps by keeping track of our event-related items (boxes and ingredients) in a separate UI, or a specialized bag, or a "pantry" NPC, or... anything but inventory. And also make the medals register in the collection.
MewBlueberryHoneyWaterSpiritDoKingRentorockDayDreamrrFaustoLXIX

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Update: Tier 7 has 15 ingredients. Plus the "Master Chef Feedback" certificates, that's 16 ETC slots taken up by this event already. This is not good.
    DayDreamrr
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I've found that trying to go back to a different tier will clear the ingredients from your etc. However, this is still pretty annoying. If I fill up the etc trying to find the right ingredients, I have to painstakingly clear out my inventory or lose the ingredients I was looking for. I do think one of the biggest issues is that there are too many items. Perhaps creating a bag item that these items go into by default in would be a good idea.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    OK, I think I have a design that can work.

1. Monsters drop a single item, called an Absolute Taste Ingredient Token (ATI Token). It's an ETC item and it stacks to 9999.

2. The cooking UI has an added window, which shows all the ingredients of the current tier. When you click on one, it asks you how many of those you want to add to your recipe. Your total number of ATI Tokens is reduced by that much. (One ingredient, of any Tier = one token).

This means you only need three ETC slots for the event: one for the ATI Tokens, one for the Feedback/hint tickets, and one for the Coins we get as rewards.

This design removes a couple of layers of RNG from ingredient collecting (getting the right box and getting the right ingredient from it), but the drop rate for the ATI Tokens can be as low as Nexon feels is right to still make the event as time-consuming / grindy as they like. That will help deal with the drop spam / loot lag aspect of the event.

What do you think?
    DoKingYonaxMewBlueberryShadowParadox
  • DoKingDoKing
    Reactions: 1,455
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I agree, the Absolute Taste event, simply adds far too much clutter. It should be revised to minimise the number of inventory slots that these event items actually take up. Ideally, the design of the event could change like Akradian mentioned previously, but if that is impossible, may I suggest you at least introduce a quest item pouch to free up room. Especially when new characters have quite a small number of inventory slots. Another suggestion is that the stack count for the USE ingredient boxes should increase to 9999 (99 is simply too few).
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    The more we can reduce the amount of drops, the better it will be for the event. I actually hope they reduce the amount of boxes as well a bit more, I see so many of them dropping. When I grind i don't wanna lag out over some event drops.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited August 2017
    Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback here regarding the amount of inventory space this event eats up.
    We've delivered the contents of this thread to our team for review.
    AKradianduelghostDayDreamrrFaustoLXIX
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    would be nice if ignore pet list gets updated and option like [name]event item gets to be ignored or not
    instead of playing with the rate

because for some that farm nodes/symbols all the time events items would be bad if to many other items are loted
    but for people that dont farm such items and want to do events will be also bad if rate for them its bad

but for both will be nice if they can ignore list the item they want and not want

or make event items drop only when quest been activ and stop drop when the day limit its reached

please dont change"play" with drop rate all the time ;(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    ManiOh wrote: »
    would be nice if ignore pet list gets updated and option like [name]event item gets to be ignored or not

because for some that farm nodes/symbols all the time events items would be bad if to many other items are loted
    but for people that dont farm such items and want to do events will be also bad if rate for them its bad

but for both will be nice if they can ignore list the item they want and not want

or make event items drop only when quest been activ and stop drop when the day limit its reached

Pet's Ignore Item list has been updated and you can ignore event items.
    However, a lot of these items, ignored, on the ground, still causes lag.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

could not chek dont have pet in PTS but thats nice to hear
    and about the lag its still nexon side to figureout to optimize that
    but lowering the rate of event items its punishment for those that want the events and still be able to have a bit of time for dailys
    either that or as i said event items to drop only when quest its been taken and untill daily limit its reached
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

could not chek dont have pet in PTS but thats nice to hear
    and about the lag its still nexon side to figureout to optimize that
    but lowering the rate of event items its punishment for those that want the events and still be able to have a bit of time for dailys
    either that or as i said event items to drop only when quest its been taken and untill daily limit its reached

My suggestion was not to lower the rate of event items.
    I was suggesting replacing 11 different types of event boxes with a single token. It would only need to drop 1/11th as frequently, to give you the same amount of ingredients.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Tier 9 has 25 ingredients.
    Are they serious?