[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Downloading the entire game?

BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
Reactions: 3,415
edited January 2018 in Tech Support
Is there something wrong here? I am getting a 10 gig download happening after the "update" on the launcher, as if MS were not already installed, but it is!

Is there a solution to this? It doesn't make sense. I think this problem has been around for a while, but this is the first time I have seen it on mine.

Comments

• ReymuuReymuu
    Reactions: 420
    edited August 2017
    Same here, just tried to update, first it was going fine, it looked like it was updating normally, but after it finished downloading the update it proceeded to download 10.2gb of the entire game again. I already have a maplestory folder that is 10.2gb and i know maple is installed already
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited August 2017
    Normally I wouldn't even really mind, but right now I'm on vacation and at a place with pretty slow internet, so it's gonna be like several hours before 10 gig downloads fully. Just was wondering if any one knows of a way around this nonsense.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    all you have to do is repath to your maplestory folder and it will just update your files, the nexon laucher still cant remember the pathing of maplestory if it's outside of the new default folder.
  • rroajrroaj
    Reactions: 410
    edited August 2017
    Repath it to what?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    rroaj wrote: »
    Repath it to what?

to where you have maplestory installed.

if you still have the issue, then we can chalk it up to the nexon launcher still being a failure.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited August 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    rroaj wrote: »
    Repath it to what?

to where you have maplestory installed.

if you still have the issue, then we can chalk it up to the nexon launcher still being a failure.

Thanks, Catoolooolootoolooo!
    Seriously, thank you.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    5.2 gig file for steam
  • ArchMageArchMage
    Reactions: 540
    edited August 2017
    Yes, it seems if you have the game installed anywhere but C:\Program Files\Nexon it will reinstall itself for no reason other than an apparent lack of programming expertise from whoever coded the updater