[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allow World Leap into Windia

WingedWinged
Reactions: 960
edited September 2017 in General Chat
The issue addressing at the present moment is the inability to "world leap" into Windia.
There is no reason why Windia should be excluded from the upcoming World Leap.

The GMs and the game team consider both Scania and Windia as main servers and used
that as the reason for the restriction of world leap into Windia.

However, that is not the case as Windia and Bera are pretty close in both overall population and active population.
If Windia was included in the previous world leap, there should not be a reason to exclude Windia this time.

Comparing Windia to Scania, there is clearly a significant trend in population.
Preventing Scania from the World Leap is expected... but why Windia?

It is inevitable that a given portion of Windia population will "world leap" out of Windia, and after this event ends,
Windia will undoubtably face a decline in population.

This upcoming World Leap event would result in an imbalance of players in GMS, crushing some
communities as the active players leave for active servers

Lets Allow World Leap into Windia!
BranfrakesTempWindiaBurritoBowlJicuTacoLOLDeeZellHachuKlaraRenniFennekinand 18 others.
  1. Should Windia be included in the upcoming World Leap event?173 votes
    1. Include Windia in World Leap
       92% (160 votes)
    2. Exclude Windia in World Leap
       8% (13 votes)

Comments

• bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Don't forget scania ;)
    TimidChirunoCatooolooo
  • BalancedFurysBalancedFurys
    Reactions: 725
    edited September 2017
    100% yes . It doesn't seem like we were very active in Windia at all the past year. Don't see why we weren't included. Bera will have wayyyy more than us now
    Jicu
  • PinoPetePinoPete
    Reactions: 725
    edited September 2017
    a haiku
    hello I am shin
    windia thunderbreaker
    nexon is ----
    DeeZell
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Not only is population decline an issue, it's also unfair to the maplers who have friends, other characters that they have made for the sole reason of transferring over to Windia (e.g. Link Skills and now Legion) knowing that it was available last World Leap, only to find out that it is unavailable this time for what ever reason.

whatthepho14HachuWingedRenniTimidPuppyMangobjyOtakuOnShroomsZeroBlux
  • jeanniebeansjeanniebeans
    Reactions: 440
    edited September 2017
    Totally 1000% agreed. A future world merge would probably be best as well.

If Windia isn't included in this world leap we're definitely going to decline in population. Most likely people will be world leaping into Bera, which honestly is around the same population as Windia. Bera will have a huge incline, where as Windia is going to become a dead server. If a server dies, then players leave.. In order to solve this problem we need to have a world merge; but for the meantime including Windia in the world leap will prevent the server from dying.

WingedPuppyMangopeterwongdude
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited September 2017
    Supported. Maple has become much more quiet in the past months. So many of my friends and guildies are on a long break or have quit the game, so it'll be great to allow maplers to migrate to Windia. I also have a few characters that I would really like to transfer here.
    jeanniebeans
  • TengokunTengokun
    Reactions: 405
    edited September 2017
    windia is super inactive and making it possiable only to "move out" will make it even more inactive so please reconsider ur actions nexon or the server will just die....
    Winged
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited September 2017
    I agree; there's no reason for Windia to be left out if Bera isn't.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017
    They want to squeeze every last droplet of money they can but they don't realize that whenever they try and be greedier than they already are, it nets them less profit.
  • Jeseekax3Jeseekax3
    Reactions: 330
    edited September 2017
    If the only option given to Windia is to transfer out of the server, after this event, our server will be as dead as all the inactive servers..
    jeanniebeans
  • WingedWinged
    Reactions: 960
    edited September 2017
    Windia doesn't have a possibility to welcome new players into our community without having them start over from scratch, which is already unlikely due to the option of playing in reboot server.
    This event will undoubtably leave Windia in drought for the next 2 years with almost no resource of new players coming into our server, while a decent chunk of portion in our population will "world leap" out of Windia during this Event.
    jeanniebeans
  • BurritoBowlBurritoBowl
    Reactions: 420
    edited September 2017
    Make Windia great again!
    jeanniebeansJicu
  • TimidTimid
    Reactions: 1,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I am also one of the many ppl here that want World leap into Windia.
    Also, hoping for merge the servers.

We never had a chance to transfer into Scania. :< It would be nice top open up for Scania too. ;) At least allow a limit of characters (like 2-3) be able to transfer into it.
    Is that too much to ask?

NTO7qRt.gif
    Chirunojenny888
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited September 2017
    I strongly second it too. We desperately need more people to come to windia but not the other way around!

I consider myself as windia active player since December 2015. After a while when you thought you just met a new friend but it turned out your "new" friend was someone you already knew or your old buddy in different character. We need more new faces here, to make windia more fun and interesting!
    jeanniebeans
  • OtakuOnShroomsOtakuOnShrooms
    Reactions: 1,020
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Windia is getting screwed royally on this on
    Michr
  • RebeIRebeI
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    +1 we need more princes in windia pls nexon
  • SeraphlySeraphly
    Reactions: 560
    edited September 2017
    As a person from a smaller server who has moved to Windia before, I do not see a reason why of excluding such a server. Already half of my friends are moving to another server most notably Bera if Windia is not included in this world leap thus making our server decrease in population.

As a whole, it destroys multiple communities in which already have low amounts of players. By such faulty actions, Windia is already having a decline of active members. Not only is this action unfair to the players in Windia but also it is unfair to those who wish to move to Windia.

As of now, I intend on moving servers if this is the case.
    Winged
  • MichrMichr
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited September 2017
    I really hope Nexon wiil reconsider this. Letting people move out but not into Windia will only make things much worse for us than they already are. Actually scratch that, another world leap just seems harmful overall for everyone. Worlds that are already less populated will just lose even move of their population and end up completely empty, why not do a massive merge and combine everything into 3-4 servers and then do a world leap?
  • CherishingCherishing
    Reactions: 320
    edited September 2017
    Yes please let windia be a part of world leap. This world is going to be dead if it isnt added.
  • ThatoneX3n0nThatoneX3n0n
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2017
    As a player who has been with maplestory on and off for 15 years im very disappointed that the world transfer does not apply to windia. My main character was in windia years ago untill i made a new character in demethos to play with friends many years back. However the last world transfer most of my friends moved out of demethos and back to windia. I found myself stuck in demethos and unable to play with my friends yet again. As a long time customer and someone who loves maplestory to its core. i beg of you nexon please allow me to transfer back to windia so i can yet again enjoy this game with my friends.
    Thoner