[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crashing Constantly

KeaikozKeaikoz
Reactions: 200
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
I crash constantly on maplestory. A game that should take less difficulty to run than league of legends should not be crashing constantly. It's especially frustrating because when I wait for hours for my pendant of the spirit to hit 30%, I just crash when I look for a channel. In the last few days ive crashed at least 15-20 times and I dont know how to fix it. I'm not sure if its something on my end but I dont think it is?
If anyone has any insight pleaase let me know because this is extremely frustrating.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    One thing I can suggest is to avoid changing channels as much as possible.
    The risk of disconnection is far higher within the first couple of minutes after changing channel than at any other time.
    Note that "changing channel" includes not only using the "change channel" command, but also: logging in or out, using boss queue, going to DIPQ/Evo/CPQ, going into and out of cash shop or monster life, and possibly some other special content as well. I know it's unavoidable to do many of these things in the course of a day, but try to minimize them, and always wait two minutes after changing channel before starting something you really don't want to d/c in the middle of (like a boss run or limited-entry pq).

Good luck.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The risk of disconnection is far higher within the first couple of minutes after changing channel than at any other time.
    Note that "changing channel" includes not only using the "change channel" command, but also: logging in or out, using boss queue, going to DIPQ/Evo/CPQ, going into and out of cash shop or monster life, and possibly some other special content as well. I know it's unavoidable to do many of these things in the course of a day, but try to minimize them, and always wait two minutes after changing channel before starting something you really don't want to d/c in the middle of (like a boss run or limited-entry pq).

Good luck.

Now, during the reboot 2x, you crash before you can even get on...
    EfficientlyLazy
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017
    bazzy wrote: »

Good luck.

Now, during the reboot 2x, you crash before you can even get on...

Can confirm. Have crashed 5 times in the past 15 minutes, 2 of them on start-up.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2017

Good luck.

also leaving auction house.. Basically don't play the game to avoid game crash or d/c.

it's 100% not your computer and/or network that causing those game crash, its the game.
    game always had crashing problems, but after last patch (v.188) it happens x50 more times.