[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is something wrong with the servers?

Comments

• RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited September 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    From Southperry's live server status http://www.southperry.net/stat.php it's obvious that there have been a number of random stability issues over the past few days (except in Luna)

Seriously, why doesn't nexon acknowledge this one/use it over their own server status page that isn't live.

Because Nexon never has and never will communicate anything to their playerbase. Even though EVERYONE is aware of the problem, they refuse to even acknowledge there's something wrong.
    And this is exactly why so many players don't trust Nexon anymore.
    All it would take them to do is display a small banner ingame or on the website telling us they're aware of the issues. That's literally all I ask of them.
    krskArcheryiRiceKrispiesLilyflower
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    It's been two days like this for me, totally unplayable and i have a fabulous connection.. I agree with you RailBird, whoever has made the choice to not have transparency of any sort really has made the players feels alienated and unheard. It's incredibly frustrating.
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited September 2017
    wow everything is so laggy, it has never been like this for me. shame!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    If it is the same as MapleSEA, and GMS is also experiencing DDos, then it isnt Nexon"s fault their servers are being attacked. It's happened before.
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    Reactions: 940
    edited September 2017
    Can't even open the game without crashing today because of the server issues i guess *sigh*.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    edited September 2017
    If it is the same as MapleSEA, and GMS is also experiencing DDos, then it isnt Nexon"s fault their servers are being attacked. It's happened before.

I agree, a DDoS attack isn't Nexon's fault. But assuming this is the case, unlike MapleSEA, GMS doesn't bother giving us any information. Not even a heads-up that they're aware of any problems, whatever those problems may be.
    edited September 2017
    RailBird wrote: »

I agree, a DDoS attack isn't Nexon's fault. But assuming this is the case, unlike MapleSEA, GMS doesn't bother giving us any information. Not even a heads-up that they're aware of any problems, whatever those problems may be.

That I agree with, if they are aware it is a DDoS attack, we as the player base should know when they do.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited September 2017
    more like a tune down. And it's been almost a full year now since loot lagging started. Nexon, what are you doing? I'm seriously on the verge of quitting right now and I've stuck through all the mass quits of the past from ban sweeps and terrible updates. We've had lag issues before but never a lag issue that lasted a full freaking year.
    fallonstalonsLilyflower
    edited September 2017
    Arlong wrote: »
    more like a tune down. And it's been almost a full year now since loot lagging started. Nexon, what are you doing? I'm seriously on the verge of quitting right now and I've stuck through all the mass quits of the past from ban sweeps and terrible updates. We've had lag issues before but never a lag issue that lasted a full freaking year.

Lag issues were there since the beginning, pre-big bang, The more content they add ( usually to please consumers) the more the servers are spread thin.

The concerning part is that it's only a small minority of players that point out tech issues, most just want more content or cash shop items.
  • ArlongArlong
    edited September 2017
    before october of last year the game ran smoothly. If you were lagging pre bigbang chances are it was on your end. I don't care how the lag comes about, it's not my job to understand that. It's nexon job to understand that and fix it and provide a smooth gameplay experience. No one has gotten that for a year.
    fallonstalonsLilyflowerBahamut_X
    edited September 2017
    before october of last year the game ran smoothly. If you were lagging pre bigbang chances are it was on your end. I don't care how the lag comes about, it's not my job to understand that. It's nexon job to understand that and fix it and provide a smooth gameplay experience. No one has gotten that for a year.

It is your job to understand lag issues wont always be Nexon server's fault.
  • ArlongArlong
    edited September 2017
    if the issue is on my end then yes it's on me to figure out why. That's not the case here.
    edited September 2017
    if the issue is on my end then yes it's on me to figure out why. That's not the case here.

thats not what I said, but you do you.
  • RiceKrispiesRiceKrispies
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2017
    As a player who has played for over 11 years now, I'm actually surprised they still haven't learned from their mistakes. Communication is the key to a happy player base, yet, as we can see, they refuse to even post a little notice/ message. The only thing that keeps most players from coming back is nostalgia and other people... not the game itself... especially not with its constant lag/ unscheduled maintenance :). Whoever manages Nexon American should rot...
  • KannamicKannamic
    Reactions: 320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Accurate portrayal of Nexon's servers:
    bsod_room.jpg

you are being generous with such high tech.
    Keiyusen
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited September 2017
    Well I just talked to a GM about the lag on this weekend and this was its response.

"I'm sorry for the delayed response. I've looked into your concern and please be informed that the game is working as intended. We haven't received reports regarding this matter at this moment. There's a possibility that there's a congestion because it's currently a holiday in the US (United States) or it may be a connection issue."

So, is it possible that the whole crash and dc problem was just because of a "congestion"? Or they really had no idea about what was happening this weekend.
  • LynniekinsLynniekins
    Reactions: 840
    edited September 2017
    If the game is truly "working as intended" this is really unacceptable. As someone who has played on and off since late 2005 even at peak population (FM1-22 filled, 1-5 filled in channel 2) I never had connection problems. Lag, yes, but not constant disconnecting. There's a huge decline in players and it's been nearly a decade and they don't have the staff or tech to run a stable game? How is that possible? More often than not issues tend to be on the user's side but in several servers no one can stay connected long enough to do anything since the last update and yet there's been no announcement to acknowledge this. What gives?
  • RailBirdRailBird
    edited September 2017
    The game is in the worst state I've ever seen it in, people all around the world are complaining about this, and they respond with "Works as intended"?
    If that's the response they give you when the servers are clearly melting down, I'm sorry, but that's just the definitive piece of evidence that Nexon is no longer capable of hosting this game.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    How is it possible that the reboot server is pretty empty and everything lags and freezes.

• HooeeyyHooeeyy
    Reactions: 500
    edited September 2017
    Nyvor wrote: »
    Well I just talked to a GM about the lag on this weekend and this was its response.

"I'm sorry for the delayed response. I've looked into your concern and please be informed that the game is working as intended. We haven't received reports regarding this matter at this moment. There's a possibility that there's a congestion because it's currently a holiday in the US (United States) or it may be a connection issue."

So, is it possible that the whole crash and dc problem was just because of a "congestion"? Or they really had no idea about what was happening this weekend.

are you serious, what the hell is that. are the GMs constantly in the game 24/7?? they don't even know what lag is. what a half assed response from a half assed company who barely even cares about their own game LOL nice transparency nexon. nexon is fake asf **** outta here