[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guys please this is getting serious

NyvorNyvor
Reactions: 1,720
edited September 2017 in General Chat
I do really prefer a complete 24 hour unscheduled maintenance (No compensation at all) than a full lag and crashing week.
In first case, I just lose one day, on the other, seven full days that I can't even take the rewards from Monster Collection due to the insane amount of lag.

You can just check the server status, there are way many more servers unstable than before!! Please, guys. Many of us, if it not all of us, can´t enjoy this game even the slightest cause of this situation, doesn't care how many awesome event you plan for us if we can't just open the game and play for 10 minutes.
darik

Comments

• FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited September 2017
    Maybe North Korea is doing some cyber attacks to a bunch of Korean companies and the companies can't disclose the information due to the government forbidding them to until the issue is resolved.
    AlmostEasygvnalmanzadarik
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I didn't notice a change at all, I just came here after a d/c to double check the forums and supposedly there was a maintenance. Last thing we can hope for is the scheduled Thursday maintenance to address these issues.

Otherwise, this event easily has the most ironic name in Maple's patch history. So much for "Tune Up"
    darik
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    nexon should revert all the garbage changes in this Tune Up update, maybe then the attacks will stop. I'd probably DDoS nexon too after they nerfed Cooldown Cutter for Hitokiri Strike, but I wouldn't know how, dood.
    A once great game turned into garbage because of a garbage company.

I'm going to give you a final, public warning: stop derailing threads with toxic behavior and irrelevant complaints about Hitokiri Strike. This is a thread about server instability, not about the Hayato skill changes.
    You have been told repeatedly to stop, so stop.
    Nyvor wrote: »
    I do really prefer a complete 24 hour unscheduled maintenance (No compensation at all) than a full lag and crashing week.
    In first case, I just lose one day, on the other, seven full days that I can't even take the rewards from Monster Collection due to the insane amount of lag.

You can just check the server status, there are way many more servers unstable than before!! Please, guys. Many of us, if it not all of us, can´t enjoy this game even the slightest cause of this situation, doesn't care how many awesome event you plan for us if we can't just open the game and play for 10 minutes.

Are you DCing at random, after a certain amount of time, or when performing certain actions (AH, Cash Shop, CC)?
    Personally I get issues when using AH and CC, but I'm not particularly lagging any more than typical loot lag, so I don't know how to fix anything if you're just lagging at random.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    What makes you think a 24-hour maintenance would solve the problem?
    Downtime, in and of itself, solves nothing. Computers aren't humans, that you can tell them, "Go home and rest, don't come back to school until you're fully healed."

Nexon takes the game down when they think they know how to fix it. And then they apply their fix, and bring it back up. As long as the servers are down, it's impossible to even tell whether the fix worked. So they reopen the game, and if later it turns out the fix was only temporary, they have to sit and think of another fix. Having the game down while they think is pointless. In fact, it makes it impossible for them to observe what, exactly, is going on.

The only thing a 24-hour maintenance will help with, is your feeling obligated to keep trying to log into the game.
    TorippiCatooolooodarikLilyflower
  • DilbertDilbert
    Reactions: 510
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    nexon should revert all the garbage changes in this Tune Up update, maybe then the attacks will stop. I'd probably DDoS nexon too after they nerfed Cooldown Cutter for Hitokiri Strike, but I wouldn't know how, dood.

I'm going to give you a final, public warning: stop derailing threads with toxic behavior and irrelevant complaints about Hitokiri Strike. This is a thread about server instability, not about the Hayato skill changes.

Are you DCing at random, after a certain amount of time, or when performing certain actions (AH, Cash Shop, CC)?
    Personally I get issues when using AH and CC, but I'm not particularly lagging any more than typical loot lag, so I don't know how to fix anything if you're just lagging at random.

I just want to know why nexon had to nerf Hitokiri Strike - Cooldown Cutter, that's all, dood. Still waiting for an answer. You can't just nerf something people were so used to and not give a reason why.

I hate nexon as much as the next person, but they can't really give you an answer for this because they just copy and pasted the update. Nexon Korea is behind the skill change decisions.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Dilbert wrote: »
    I just want to know why nexon had to nerf Hitokiri Strike - Cooldown Cutter, that's all, dood. Still waiting for an answer. You can't just nerf something people were so used to and not give a reason why.

I hate nexon as much as the next person, but they can't really give you an answer for this because they just copy and pasted the update. Nexon Korea is behind the skill change decisions.

KMS doesn't have Hayato and his Hitokiri Strike.
  • DilbertDilbert
    Reactions: 510
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Dilbert wrote: »

KMS doesn't have Hayato and his Hitokiri Strike.

Oh, my bad. Carry on... lol
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited September 2017
    Easy answer, they nerfed it to try and make you change to another class to main and have to fund it by buying NX.
  • BMW750iBMW750i
    Reactions: 485
    edited September 2017

You might as well ban all of us. We are sick and tired of this, game is down and we get no compensation? Type of incompetent BS is this?
  • UnknownHeroUnknownHero
    Reactions: 420
    edited September 2017
    BMW750i wrote: »
    You might as well ban all of us. We are sick and tired of this, game is down and we get no compensation? Type of incompetent BS is this?

Oh man the amount of entitlement and whining is real...
    You're not gonna quit, We all know this. You're gonna be back tomorrow still whining.
    "Compensation"? Umm... Yeah... While they may extend the events MAY they don't have to...
    What most likely happened is the update broke 99% of the bots. Hence why the worlds look so empty and then this happened.
    Sit down like an adult and stop whining like a baby.
    darikAmyte
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2017

Gee idk...

(sorry for derailment but I just need this guy to stop asking why something stupidly broken and op got nerfed)
    darik
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited September 2017

Almost every action gives some secs/minutes of lag then an inevitable DC, and that's something nobody can hide. AH, Cash Shop, CC, Legion Raids, or even mobbing, for about one or two minutes, and you hit monsters, and everything seems freezy, if you keep attacking, you get an inevitable DC, so you have to wait, check the servers, redo your training, just to see nothing had changed. It still freeze, and get DCed. It's impossible to do anything without expecting you get disconnected.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Fuschia wrote: »
    Maybe North Korea is doing some cyber attacks to a bunch of Korean companies and the companies can't disclose the information due to the government forbidding them to until the issue is resolved.
    Problem: This is not the korean branch, which is doing fine
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    BMW750i wrote: »

Oh man the amount of entitlement and whining is real...
    You're not gonna quit, We all know this. You're gonna be back tomorrow still whining.
    "Compensation"? Umm... Yeah... While they may extend the events MAY they don't have to...
    What most likely happened is the update broke 99% of the bots. Hence why the worlds look so empty and then this happened.
    Sit down like an adult and stop whining like a baby.

You gotta admit though, it is ridiculous how this has been going on for days now

I'm not looking for an apology or compensation but a stable server right now would be nice...
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited September 2017

Hey come on stop waring ppl we are free to talk whatever we want.
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited September 2017
    whoa people calm down. this has happened before. even there was a 24 hour patch maintence when the Red Event happened when they did the explorers revamp in December, and then zero got released... i am sure nexon knows by now what is going on. just hang in there.
    darik
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    whoa people calm down. this has happened before. even there was a 24 hour patch maintence when the Red Event happened when they did the explorers revamp in December, and then zero got released... i am sure nexon knows by now what is going on. just hang in there.

Thing is though that back then we knew it was due to server overpopulation, in this occasion we don't know exactly whats triggering these disconnections. Some have even ruled out the possibility of a DDoS attack, however, Nexon doesn't want to release the full details on whats going on (if they even know what's going on.)
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited September 2017
    Dominikos wrote: »

Are you that one guy who spammed the old forum with "Bring back Pre-BB Maple", "Remember Pre-BB Maple?", "Oh man, Pre-BB Maple was the best, bring it back"?

That's the only reason I can tell for why you see posts that are off-topic shouldn't be modded, birds of a feather etc.. If he wants to make a topic about Hayato, he can make a topic himself, not spam every other topic that have nothing to do with Hayato with his whining.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Dominikos wrote: »

I honestly hope you are not serious.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »

Gee idk...

(sorry for derailment but I just need this guy to stop asking why something stupidly broken and op got nerfed)

Like I said in another thread, I don't care about bosses or perma binding. That's not even a good reason why Hitokiri Strike - Cooldown Cutter got this nerf, nexon could have just removed the perma bind garbage ability, dood.[/quoWell
    Its not a good reason? WTF??!!, man u might not care about bossing but its a fact, this skill from what i see on the video is amazingly broken and needed a nerf, so suck it up, grow up and keep going with ur life, if u dont like it just quit hayato or quit the game, but stop complaining about a thing that desperatelly needed a nerf.
    bootlicker