[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

list the real pros and cons about this patch

zhurritozzhurritoz
Reactions: 720
edited September 2017 in General Chat
PROS
#1.- new system for anti-macro
#2.- you dont need summon familiars as before patch
#3.- AH new button “List Again”
#4.- A semi-transparency option is added to pets, androids, and familiars
#5.- Good system for V matrix
i dont see more useful...
CONS
NERF DROP RATE
REVAMP CRASH & DC.
M1mu_ChanLilyflower

Comments

• TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited September 2017

zhurritoz wrote: »
    #2.- you dont need summon familiars as before patch
    more info about this, how does this work?

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2017

Pro: +skill changes even if they are negative
    +Finally an update
    +Noticeable increased droprate of Nodes while only on 100% base drop
    +New skin colors
    +Long needed perm pet water of life
    +Super easy event where a unique pot scroll is highest prize

Con: - UI transparency randomly changes and hurts my ability to focus. Just add an option to switch UI transparency for these specific UI bits.
    -Barely any change to increase of drops when only doubling drop rate
    -Have to pay to get the new skin colors or make a new character
    -Arrow inputs for runes are harder to see.
    -Club event didn't even lasted a week and ran through the series of crash and lags and I'm pretty sure a huge fraction of players who wanted to finish this, including myself, couldn't due to that.

DeeMon wrote: »
    Con: Hitokiri Strike - Cooldown Cutter nerf, dood.

"RIP MY BROKEN "ABILITY" TO PERMA BIND 80% OF ALL THE BOSSES Nxon is Dum" has practically been the only phrase you've contributed to the forum for the past week.
    NyvorPirateIzzyPerma
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2017
    Could be a "better maple" patch, but they had to ruin it with the drop rate nerff.
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited September 2017
    I also wonder why nobody complains about the less drop of mc & meister cubes on normally bossing? I actually made my 180%drop item equipment for that, not for collecting nodestones. Looks like it is or, not affects in cube dropping at all, or the new formula affects pretty hard on this ones, too.

It could be that I'm turned into the luckless person on all mapleworld after this patch and now I´m getting a very reduced amounts of these.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Nyvor wrote: »
    I also wonder why nobody complains about the less drop of mc & meister cubes on normally bossing? I actually made my 180%drop item equipment for that, not for collecting nodestones. Looks like it is or, not affected at all, or the new formula affects this ones too.

I don't think the changes affect bosses, I believe that was specifically mentioned by KMS, or something along those lines.
    There was something about boss drops when they were talking about it.
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    I also wonder why nobody complains about the less drop of mc & meister cubes on normally bossing? I actually made my 180%drop item equipment for that, not for collecting nodestones. Looks like it is or, not affected at all, or the new formula affects this ones too.

I don't think the changes affect bosses, I believe that was specifically mentioned by KMS, or something along those lines.

Well I'm just being pretty unlucky, then.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I wouldn't even cared if they took away this perma bind nonsense if it means I could have 0 cooldown on the skill again, like how it's always been from the start.

Why do you keep saying this? Hyper skills didn't always exist and when I was leveling my Hayato, I didn't have 0 cooldown Hitokiri Strike. It was meant to be like Dual Blade's Final Cut, a strong dash attack, but ultimately, just used to cast the buff on yourself. Sure, 0 cooldown Hitokiri Strike was fun while it lasted, but it's clear that Nexon sees making it 0 cooldown was ultimately a mistake.

• AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Con: STILL NO INFO ON OTHER CLASSES SKILL CHANGES. WTF
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    Con: STILL NO INFO ON OTHER CLASSES SKILL CHANGES. WTF

Slatymate compiled a list here.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I'm saying it was like that when we did get hyper skills, that what I meant by "from the start", dood.
    Nobody had 0 cooldown Hitokiri Strike until level 177 anyway. I thought it was something rewarding for leveling up that far back then. Something that restored my lost Assaulter that nexon took away from me, dood. Nobody understands...
    And no, it's not like Blade Master's Final Cut at all. I don't even need the crit rate buff that Hitokiri Strike gives, I already achieved 100% crit rate with other sources of crit. I just want to have fun with the skill as a normal attack that I can use to combo with other skills again, without this damn cooldown. Why does no one understand this?

Then that's really not "from the start" is it? It's also really not something that's "yours" and it's not even the only assaulter like skill Hayato has, so I don't know why you're complaining about it being like them taking Assaulter away again. And it's meant to be like Blade Master's Final Cut, it doesn't matter if you need the buff or not, that's how they designed it, it's why it even gives the buff in the first place. They just changed it back to how it was originally because they didn't want it to be no cooldown anymore.

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2017

it is affect cubes/soul shards and symbols drop. its a fact (week after patch doing bosses and training).
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited September 2017
    Slatymate compiled a list here.

Nexon shouldn't be relying on Reddit to release patch note information for them. They need to throw away that earlier resolution to dumb down patch notes "to make them easier to read." Instead of doing that, it just omits a large amount of important information, especially the numbers.
    LilyflowerSlicedTime
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    Reactions: 740
    edited September 2017
    pros: kanna is now much more fun than before
    cons: the quest line in arcane river is BUGED

hahahhaha i keep saying that in every post just to see if they do something about it :C
  • MisterPooMisterPoo
    Reactions: 570
    edited September 2017
    It seems like elite mob/boss spawnrate has been severely nerfed. This is a big one for me personally.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Pros: Nothing, Tune down update.

Cons: terrible server stability, lack of communication from Nexon, drop rate nerf, upcoming meso/boss drop nerfs, new rune system and world UI transparency.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • zhurritozzhurritoz
    Reactions: 720
    edited September 2017
    I also wonder why nobody complains about the less drop of mc & meister cubes on normally bossing? I actually made my 180%drop item equipment for that, not for collecting nodestones. Looks like it is or, not affects in cube dropping at all, or the new formula affects pretty hard on this ones, too.

It could be that I'm turned into the luckless person on all mapleworld after this patch and now I´m getting a very reduced amounts of these.

i have a little more %, i dont get cubes from bosses only i got is crash or dc ...

I LOVE UPDATE LOGIC , LETS **** DROP RATE BUT INCREASE DROP RATE ONLY OF NODESTONES...
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited September 2017
    Pros for me: Transparency of the UI. I like that, and I always kinda thought there should be something like that. :)

Cons for me: The new runes penalties and, of course, the unbearable lag and DC's and stuff, even though that was going on before the patch too. :(