[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Not Receiving [Easy Magnus] Magnus Simulator

AlterhaynAlterhayn
Reactions: 105
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type: Quest

Brief bug summary: Kanna does not receive the "[Easy Magnus] Magnus Simulator" quest at the appropriate level.

This bug could potentially lead to major issues later on such as the 5th job advancement quest. Since Easy Magnus is not available new Kanna players could only finish the 5th job advancement quest by killing Normal Magnus or Hard Magnus which isn't always a possibility for players with no help or new players with little to no gear.

Steps to reproduce: Level Kanna up to at least level 115

Character name: Nijuu

Character level: 133

Character job: Kanna

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 8/31/17 around 11:00 pm (approximately time which I logged on to my Kanna to check for the quest)
darik

Comments

• ResaikLunaResaikLuna
    Reactions: 505
    edited September 2017
    I had the same problem regarding the [Easy Magnus] Magnus Simulator quest.

Character name: HumanFox

Character level: 201

Character job: Beast Tamer

World name: Luna

I was in touch with a GM on the live-chat and I got a fast response to keep doing the questlines that I got from Edea and Piston.
    Eventually these quests would "unlock" the magnus simulator.

However the quests I was asked to do is the quest for Normal Magnus.

Easy Magnus is a whole different thing. You should be able to enter pantheon and talk to Beldar. Do some more quests and get into
    Heliseum, accept magnus simulator and then get ready for the boss fight.

I hope that they fix this soon. The GM I was in touch with was sure that this questline is the solution and had always been.
    I have done 5th job too many times to remember that I never ever had to do these quests in order to complete easy magnus and 5th job.
  • AlterhaynAlterhayn
    edited September 2017
    So you're saying that if you keep progressing in the quest line for Normal Magnus then the Easy Magnus mode would be "unlocked" on its own?
  • ResaikLunaResaikLuna
    Reactions: 505
    edited September 2017
    That is not what I am saying. That is what the GM was telling me.
    However this is a bug because I tested to log on some different character.
    Since Kanna and Beast Tamer are mages I tried to log another mage to see if the problem stayed.
    I logged a Kinesis but I could do the [Easy Magnus] quest without having to do any quests before that.
    I also logged a Cannoneer and everything seems fine.

The reason why I am 100% sure this is a bug is because, before the patch some friends of mine did whole 5th job which
    includes Easy Magnus on a KANNA. Now suddenly we are not able to do it? A lot of people have experienced it aswell.
    I've found the issue in both my Beast Tamer and Kanna.

Conclusion of this: Beast Tamer and Kanna cannot do Easy Magnus atm since it seems to be bug.
    If people find more classes experience issues regarding the Easy Magnus quest I guess we can keep filling the list!
    darik
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    ResaikLuna wrote: »
    Conclusion of this: Beast Tamer and Kanna cannot do Easy Magnus atm since it seems to be bug.
    If people find more classes experience issues regarding the Easy Magnus quest I guess we can keep filling the list!

I haven't tried but I'm going to make a wild guess: Hayato can't do it either, and probably Jett too.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I will forward this issue.
    AKradian wrote: »

I haven't tried but I'm going to make a wild guess: Hayato can't do it either, and probably Jett too.

Can anyone confirm this or is it just assumptions? This kinda chatter doesn't help anyone.

It's not chatter, it's an educated guess.
    But since you asked so nicely, I just logged in to my Hayato and Jett, and neither one has the Magnus Simulator quest in their lightbulb, or permission to queue to Magnus in their Boss Party window (so, they haven't completed this quest in the past).
    On the other hand, my Mechanic does have the quest available. So it seems this is a non-KMS-class issue.
  • AlterhaynAlterhayn
    edited September 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I will forward this issue.
    AKradian wrote: »

Can anyone confirm this or is it just assumptions? This kinda chatter doesn't help anyone.

I can confirm that Hayato cannot do Easy Magnus either. My brother leveled his Hayato up to 115 last night and did not receive the quest at all.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited September 2017
    On this, I must say it could happen at Tune Up patch (current one). Last month I got my Kanna to Lv200 and has done 5th job Advancement. I could beat Easy Magnus no problem. I will have to check out these other non KMS classes now.
  • DragventurerDragventurer
    Reactions: 1,701
    edited September 2017
    Bug Type: Functionality

Bug Summary: There is no easy magnus prequest (To Pantheon) for Kanna.

Screenshot of my Kanna having no lightbulb on the head and no quest from Edea: ryMbPpQ.png

Steps to reproduce:

1. At level 90, a quest called [To Pantheon] appears on the players head
    2. As a Kanna, this does not appear in the light bulb or on top of the head

Character Name: Ayanku

Character Level: 175

Character Job: Kanna

World Name: Reboot

Date/Time of Incident: 7:34 PM Sept. 4, 2017
    --
    Credits to ParisPew/Cayri for bringing this up :D
  • xInnoGirlxxInnoGirlx
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017
    hi @AlexF

adding for a friend. she also having this issue as Dragventurer.. please help fix
    I was about to finish on my cannon but she can't continue on her kanna. we went together

Finished the heliseum Reclamation HQ in danger quest and Edea not giving the last easy magnus questline

Character Name: SillyVirus

Character Level: 200

Character Job: Kanna

World Name: Scania

Date/Time of Incident: Sept 9th, 2017 at about 1:30PM PDT
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    Reactions: 740
    edited September 2017
    well dont even try getting to lvl 200 just to get arcane symbol, since the quest line its glitched too.
  • DragventurerDragventurer
    Reactions: 1,701
    edited September 2017
    Ah, sorry Alex! And thanks haha
  • SillykannaSillykanna
    Reactions: 100
    edited September 2017
    is this fix?? still can't get 5th job due to this error
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited September 2017
    its not fixed and kannas cannot do 5th job ! good job NEXON as always ! failed company
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited September 2017
    anyone have an estimation when this problem will e fixed as many players cannot progress with 5th job !
    I think that nexon should get those affected jobs a compensation.
  • kewlstorykewlstory
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    Hello,

This is still an issue for me. There is no prequest for Easy Magnus Simulator and haven't been able to get 5th job on my kanna (due to being unfunded and starting up maplestory recently again, normal magnus is too hard).
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited September 2017
    My hayato that i recently leveled for legion also didn't have this
  • SillykannaSillykanna
    edited September 2017
    Beast Tamer is also glitch.. same issue
  • kewlstorykewlstory
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    Seems like this is an issue for multiple classes. Hopefully it's fixed soon. Was hoping yesterdays maintenance would have done the trick.
  • DiscontinuityDiscontinuity
    edited September 2017
    Just got my Hayato to 200 today as well. Lacking Magnus Simulator quest. I would like to get grinding for the level 11 absolute taste medal asap so..............
  • mrwildermrwilder
    Reactions: 220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Same with my Hayato and Kanna. It's unbelievable how Nexon just doesn't give a dam. A better maple my ars...