[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2017
    Dope
  • SnepSnep
    Reactions: 440
    edited August 2017
    (FIXED) I had an another problem i tought why not post it here so. I had maplestory downloaded on diskdrive D and also the nexon launcher (the game worked at this time). When i came back it started downloading from the beginning again from 1 mb to 10 gb. I tought there is something going wrong. So what was the launcher doing it was installing a folder called Nexon on diskdrive C i tried deleting this but it kept recreating this folder. So back to diskdrive D my maplestory from 10gb was still there. So i tried to install the beginning of maplestory on
    diskdrive D and copy the stuff inside from 10gb version into the new one. Didnt workout either. (SKIP FOR CONCLUSION HERE) > So what helped me out is: If it says update and it starts updating from 1mb to 10gb (uninstall the game). then it will say download. Cut Nexon folder with the libary folder from diskdrive C and paste it in diskrive D now copy the 10GB version you still have Into Nexon>libary so open Nexon than libary and paste it in there. Now go back to maplestory click on the button that says update maplestory. : that is what worked for me. (THIS IS A SORT KIND OF WAY TO LOCATE THE GAME!)

PS: Make sure Nexon isn't in diskdrive C

I hope this will help you fellows out.

Regards,

Snep
    firdaus
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited August 2017
    I just got this error but my problem is when it started the 10GB download it wiped the whole folder, it's my only nexon folder so I couldn't cut and paste it anywhere new since there is literally nothing in the folder now, just blank folders.

:( I find I'm a magnet for this sort of stuff.

(I marveled too and was super excited to redeem my 11 shield & guardian scrolls ... :'( i kid here)
  • firdausfirdaus
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    Hi

I havent play for so long but recently i just wanna start back.. but when i start to install the maplestory launcher and including c++ everything i try. see youtube and follow every step people say but i still get this thing!!

you cannot access the game for one of the following reasons
    1.the game world is down for maintenance
    2. you are accessing the game from banned IP
    3. you internet connection is not stable

im from Malaysia and using unify 5/10mbps i thing should be fine, never get banned but what is the problem
    edited August 2017
    firdaus wrote: »
    Hi

I havent play for so long but recently i just wanna start back.. but when i start to install the maplestory launcher and including c++ everything i try. see youtube and follow every step people say but i still get this thing!!

im from Malaysia and using unify 5/10mbps i thing should be fine, never get banned but what is the problem

That usually happens when there was an issue with connection., when youre trying to launch using wifi. So they recommend you use wired (ethernet) connection than wifi.
    firdaus
  • firdausfirdaus
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017

Thanks DarkPassenger for your reply. i install this game at my office using direct wired internet but still the same. so eager to play but so hard to install and play not like last time.. is there any way or any other webside that i can refer to?
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited September 2017
    I cant play either after days of trying to fix it and re-downloading the game two times it still does not work, the only thing that happen when I click play at the launcher is it says "currently in game" then it goes right back to the orange play button, it does this over and over , there is no fix for some of us , they know this launcher is crap yet we still have it. I'm so fed up with trying to get it to work.
    edited September 2017
    Thanks DarkPassenger for your reply. i install this game at my office using direct wired internet but still the same. so eager to play but so hard to install and play not like last time.. is there any way or any other webside that i can refer to?

It may be interference in the connection, especially if youre playing global from Malaysia.
    Mascarade wrote: »
    I cant play either after days of trying to fix it and re-downloading the game two times it still does not work, the only thing that happen when I click play at the launcher is it says "currently in game" then it goes right back to the orange play button, it does this over and over , there is no fix for some of us , they know this launcher is crap yet we still have it. I'm so fed up with trying to get it to work.

This one is a nexon launcher issue, it is flawed currently.

To both, Id recommend steam.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Hi

If you're in Malaysia you are supposed to play Maple SEA: http://www.maplesea.com/
    Malaysia is blocked from accessing GMS, for this reason.
  • AeonTheHermitAeonTheHermit
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017

A friend is trying to get me into this game, but I attempted to play through the Steam download and I can't even start up that version, all I get is a white screen, and error message, and trying to open any of the other apps in my data just sends me to the Nexon Client Transfer page which is useless because the Nexon client can't find the game I downloaded off Steam.
    Anyone have a workaround that doesn't end with me sitting in front of a download bar for an hour getting increasingly pissed off at the game itself?
    edited September 2017

A friend is trying to get me into this game, but I attempted to play through the Steam download and I can't even start up that version, all I get is a white screen, and error message, and trying to open any of the other apps in my data just sends me to the Nexon Client Transfer page which is useless because the Nexon client can't find the game I downloaded off Steam.
    Anyone have a workaround that doesn't end with me sitting in front of a download bar for an hour getting increasingly pissed off at the game itself?

did you download from steam shop?
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited September 2017
    The launcher is still broken, it still wants to download the game, its still garbage, its still not addressed~~! .. conclusion I did get into game via steam, both times I dc'ed within a few mins. then it was "maplestory has stopped responding" ... so yeah... this game is B R O K E N and yet nexon does nothing.. Actually, I'm ok with it now, its been so long me saying to myself its not worth the aggravation, that each day that goes by without playing is just a better day for me. Nexon's finely killing off the diehard fan base GG NEXON WTG ... oh and you keep the crappy time (everyone I know wanted PST time) and even think thats good what bs... so out of touch with your base, but thats fine you're just going to die sooner rather than later.
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    Reactions: 615
    edited September 2017
    Fixing the launcher would be admitting they made a mistake in switching over that piece of junk and Nexon isn't going to do that. Just another example of a company giving us what they want and now what we want. No one wanted the piece of junk launcher and now its broke for most people. Nexon don't care tho, they just keep pretending everything is okay. It is so very frustrating to see a game that I have loved just keep screwing up and screwing up and not fixing anything.