[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server instability megathread

Comments

• ArureiArurei
    Reactions: 545
    edited September 2017
    Listen here m8, we've been enduring a whole week's worth of these connection issues. We've gone through about 4 unscheduled maintenances of which there's probably more I have forgotten about and yet no fix has been found. We tried to "cheer them on" as you insisted for a good half of that week and we got no response for it. Also regarding that tired and lazy "Go outside" argument, you must have a narrow minded perception of free time. Most of us here have jobs, school, college in my case and the simple want to play a game after all of that; just for us to come to a game that refuses to work is a good reason to be somewhat dissapointed in them.
    A whole week? Big woop. It's just a game. 4 maintenances? So what? Maybe each maintanance it is to try a different solution. Don't assume it's to fix the problem. Tried to cheer them on? I only see complaining threads on the forums and everyone whining in game. What does having a job and going to school have anything to do? If you're so busy then who cares if you can't play for a week or two. Play when it's ready and working again. In the end everyone is just whining and giving excuses.

Simple: Just wait.

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Is this a joke? Every maintenance screws up the game even more, that is not satisfying players at all. Plus, missing out on attendance/dailies because Nexon can't bother to upgrade their server stability is rather annoying and very inexcusable.
    Lilyflower
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Arurei wrote: »
    Listen here m8, we've been enduring a whole week's worth of these connection issues. We've gone through about 4 unscheduled maintenances of which there's probably more I have forgotten about and yet no fix has been found. We tried to "cheer them on" as you insisted for a good half of that week and we got no response for it. Also regarding that tired and lazy "Go outside" argument, you must have a narrow minded perception of free time. Most of us here have jobs, school, college in my case and the simple want to play a game after all of that; just for us to come to a game that refuses to work is a good reason to be somewhat dissapointed in them.
    A whole week? Big woop. It's just a game. 4 maintenances? So what? Maybe each maintanance it is to try a different solution. Don't assume it's to fix the problem. Tried to cheer them on? I only see complaining threads on the forums and everyone whining in game. What does having a job and going to school have anything to do? If you're so busy then who cares if you can't play for a week or two. Play when it's ready and working again. In the end everyone is just whining and giving excuses.

Waiting, we have been, for a good while now. You seem to credit them a bit too much yourself, and overall you have a very ignorant attitude towards what are actually very valid complaints.

PS: Also the "Its just a game" excuse is just as pointless and tired as that other "Go outside" argument of yours and serves you no good in making a point.
  • ArureiArurei
    edited September 2017

Waiting, we have been, for a good while now. You seem to credit them a bit too much yourself, and overall you have a very ignorant attitude towards what are actually very valid complaints.

PS: Also the "Its just a game" excuse is just as pointless and tired as that other "Go outside" argument of yours and serves you no good in making a point.

Yeah, and not being able to play maplestory for a week is one of the worlds greatest crisis.

Again. Just wait.
  • ArureiArurei
    edited September 2017
    Is this a joke? Every maintenance screws up the game even more, that is not satisfying players at all. Plus, missing out on attendance/dailies because Nexon can't bother to upgrade their server stability is rather annoying and very inexcusable.
    Alright. You're temporarily unhappy, and it sucks, I know. I'm going through the same issues, but you know what? This isn't negatively impacting my life because it's just a game. So it's fine to be upset but some people are just so mad and rain down on Nexon like it's their fault. Is it their fault? No. Are they trying to fix it? Yes.

So just wait patiently until it's fixed.

• Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited September 2017
    Never have any problems login in, couple lags here ad there while playing but I couldn't say for sure if it's my connection or the game.
    Only crashes I experience happen now and then but don't really warrant constant server checks and maintenances since those will only be fixed by an actual patch of the game and are not server sided problems.
    Also I'm guessing Luna is a lot more stable than the NA servers.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited September 2017
    im just happy they gonna remove 'Change Character' function.. never worked for me.. always crashed the game to desktop.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Alright. You're temporarily unhappy, and it sucks, I know. I'm going through the same issues, but you know what? This isn't negatively impacting my life because it's just a game. So it's fine to be upset but some people are just so mad and rain down on Nexon like it's their fault. Is it their fault? No. Are they trying to fix it? Yes.

So just wait patiently until it's fixed.

Seems like you don't play the game enough. It's not their fault yes, but Nexon refuses to communicate with their players about these problems. It doesn't take 4+ maintenances to fix the same issue. Nexon should just take the game down and test the server themselves before beinging back up. I have my doubts that Nexon will do it anyways considering they break everything they touch.
    Lilyflower
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited September 2017
    Yep, same for me. Been playing maple for the last couple of days over phone internet and I haven't had any real problems with lags or dc's. Any errors I had were actually the game crashing and those are client errors and not server sided so it would be really nice if they could refrain from taking down Luna all the time since it doesn't seem to have the same problems the NA servers have.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I doubt it, but we'll have to see... if they don't fix it this time, then I can say, they need to get help from Nexon Korea or someone who knows how to fix these issues. 5 maintenances within the week and still no fix is very disappointing.
    July wrote: »
    im just happy they gonna remove 'Change Character' function.. never worked for me.. always crashed the game to desktop.

I honestly liked it because I would get runtime error sometimes trying to pick a world which is super annoying. Instead of removing it though, but they really should of coded it better but I guess it's too hard for Nexon to do I guess...
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited September 2017
    Yeah I mean, I TECHNICALLY have had 90% uptime during the past two weeks. It's just been INSANELY frustrating. The game is more than playable. You just have to pick and choose very carefully what you do. Not that that is OKAY. But it hardly warrant shutting down the game for a full week xD
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Zouyiro wrote: »
    Can you actually fix this massive client crash issue? Close the game for a week or something but fix it.

So maybe I'm just a bit ignorant, but what difference in result is there between closing the game for a week to do fixes vs just repeatedly doing unscheduled maintenance?
    If there's no difference, you can just take your week off the game and let the rest of us try logging in and play for whatever short periods we can instead of closing off the game completely from everyone.

The number of times Burning maps had reset to 0%, throughout the week is very annoying.
    Zouyiro
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017

u must be new here.

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited September 2017
    signed! the launcher is broken and the game server is pretty horrible.
    Zouyiro
    edited September 2017
    I play the game plenty. While the maint. and constant crashing are, undoubtedly, ANNOYING, I have still had 90% uptime over the last week or so. As would everyone, if they would just do a little trial and error fixing themselves.

Sure, you still have to pick and choose what you do and take a gamble every time you enter the AH or CS, but leveling up a character is plenty easy, and does not DC you. If you do enough research, you should easily be able to stop any ingame crashes that you experience. The only ACTIVE crashes occur when you do something that force CC's you.

OP is 100% right though, all your whining is literally doing nothing :P Everyone who is hardcore complaining is clearly way too entitled. I remember playing back in the day when the game would be down for DAYS at a time. I'm just over here hoping for a speedy recovery, and then after they finally do fix it, maybe they will compensate by giving all your whiny children some 2x ^^ (Which if you complain about that, then you are just silly).
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2017
    Can you actually fix this massive client crash issue? Close the game for a week or something but fix it.

So maybe I'm just a bit ignorant, but what difference in result is there between closing the game for a week to do fixes vs just repeatedly doing unscheduled maintenance?
    If there's no difference, you can just take your week off the game and let the rest of us try logging in and play for whatever short periods we can instead of closing off the game completely from everyone.

The difference is they'll actually work on fixing the glitch instead of just closing the game for 2 hours and launching a game that is not actually ready to be launch, and ofcourse I dont play since the game is unplayable... I just try to log in a couple of times to check if I can finally play but i just see how mess up the client/server still is.

Just now we got another maintenance for "Additional backend changes to mitigate the recent lag and disconnection issues"...

What you guys think will it work or just another failure maintenance?
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited September 2017

The difference is they'll actually work on fixing the glitch instead of just closing the game for 2 hours and launching a game that is not actually ready to be launch.

Just now we got another maintenance for "Additional backend changes to mitigate the recent lag and disconnection issues"...

What you guys think will it work or just another failure maintenance?
    we will see.

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I play the game plenty. While the maint. and constant crashing are, undoubtedly, ANNOYING, I have still had 90% uptime over the last week or so. As would everyone, if they would just do a little trial and error fixing themselves.

Sure, you still have to pick and choose what you do and take a gamble every time you enter the AH or CS, but leveling up a character is plenty easy, and does not DC you. If you do enough research, you should easily be able to stop any ingame crashes that you experience. The only ACTIVE crashes occur when you do something that force CC's you.

OP is 100% right though, all your whining is literally doing nothing :P Everyone who is hardcore complaining is clearly way too entitled. I remember playing back in the day when the game would be down for DAYS at a time. I'm just over here hoping for a speedy recovery, and then after they finally do fix it, maybe they will compensate by giving all your whiny children some 2x ^^ (Which if you complain about that, then you are just silly).

New here? 2x events solves nothing, just saying. It failed so bad that it makes the game unstable. Just because you didn't crash somehow doesn't mean that everyone else didn't. People's frustrations are that Nexon can't do their job right and refuse to tell their players about the problems. Like how hard is it for them to understand and listen to their players.
    TheOutlander
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2017
    Yeah I mean, I TECHNICALLY have had 90% uptime during the past two weeks. It's just been INSANELY frustrating. The game is more than playable. You just have to pick and choose very carefully what you do. Not that that is OKAY. But it hardly warrant shutting down the game for a full week xD

I'm saying a week over reacting... I mean they should close indefinitly the game until they actually fix the issue, doesnt matter if it takes 24, 48 hours or more, but don't launch a game full of glitches.
    Lilyflower
    edited September 2017
    New here? 2x events solves nothing, just saying. It failed so bad that it makes the game unstable. Just because you didn't crash somehow doesn't mean that everyone else did. People's frustrations are that Nexon can't do their job right and refuse to tell their players about the problems.[/quote]

Been playing on and off for 10+ years :] There hasn't been much lag at all during the 2x events from last month! (Although I am not speaking on behalf of Reboot). I didn't say I didn't crash. I crash constantly, but only when I do certain things, things of which I am FULLY AWARE have a chance to crash me. By now, anyone who is actively whining, is also FULLY AWARE of which events cause crashes (including loading up the game).

There are a series of things you have to look for in your task manager before you attempt to come back into the game. Just end all Nexon-related processes before you try to relaunch the game, and it gives you better odds of joining. At the world select screen, wait a few minutes before choosing a world, and your chance of game entry is increased.

Most of the issues people are having are doing to frustration and impatience. And while I don't blame people for being frustrated, I have found complete success utilizing minimal patience, so I know it's possible. If you choose to ignore this than that's on you!

2x and extended events solves literally every aspect of what people are missing out on. And MAYBE some reward points. Both otherwise, what else are you missing?