[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Request: Can we have another SAO event?

ThonerThoner
Reactions: 1,375
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello All,

I know SAO is not as popular as it was in the past ( thank you ALfhiem online...). But we all need to admit that if you get rid of ALfhiem all together in both SAO and SAO II, it is an anime that is unbelievably amazing and relevant to gamers. In fact, prior to some non-sense over the web (or ALfhiem... or a combo of the two...), SAO was THE MOST POPULAR series in anime and it makes sense despite it being a bit of a cliché (HACK series or even EXCEL world (or what ever it is called...) and IMO (not necessarily fact), we could all relate somewhat more to Kirito as gamers than other protagonists in other series (though I have not seen HACK anything so feel free to take that grain of Salt).

In fact, the main reason why I created my You Tube series, 'Journey from lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir' is because I was too low of a level with my current main to even be effective in the SAO event (I got to round 2... anyone can get to round 2...), and I wanted to give myself, and possibly others watching me, that sense of testing one's limits and battling an overwhelming force (Pensalir and my limited maple experience implies I must adapt or die, in game literally). I even developed a strong appreciation for Maple Story because it punishes death in game so severely (up to -10% exp for low ambition?).

So, with all of this in mind, I hope that we can agree that having another SAO event (and having another crack at those sweet prizes) is something to consider. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Thoner
Lilyflower

Comments

• BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I hope they bring it back and let Reboot participate. I want the Beater medal :D lol
    Thoner
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017
    I like SAO=sword art online because the story is amazing :) and I don't care what others say about it because you know everybody has opinion last time I talked about it on the forum I got flamebait over it so much hate lol oh well.
    Thoner
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    It would be nice to bring it back, especially on reboot. Need that medal.
    Thoner
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    the problem is that they probably can't, due to having to re buy licenses and , iirc the last time this was responded to officially, they said they wouldn't because of licensing agreements, while at the same time, saying that they are open to other crossover events (Log horizon hopefully will be next).
    ThonerYinYangX