[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Missing medals

shimonshimon
Reactions: 300
edited September 2018 in Bug Reporting
When you get a medal and don't open your medal ui tab, the medal won't be saved sometimes.
If you throw the medal before it can be saved it will be missing forever.
It happend to me once in windia with the root abyss medal. But currently hapend to me with the commerci medal. (if needed i can show that i completed the quest but missing the medal that was rewarded, accidentally throwed it before it could be saved :/ )

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    shimon wrote: »
    When you get a medal and don't open your medal ui tab, the medal won't be saved sometimes.
    It happend to me once in windia with the root abyss medal. But currently hapend to me with the commerci medal. (if needed i can show that i completed the quest but missing the medal that was rewarded, accidentally throwed it before it could be saved :/ )
    Character Name: WorthyKnight
    Character Job: Dark Knight
    World: Reboot

You sure you need to open the medal ui? I've almost never opened my medal ui and my medals always save after a few secs.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »

You sure you need to open the medal ui? I've almost never opened my medal ui and my medals always save after a few secs.

That's the key.
    Have to wait until you see the "<Medal Name> was awarded" in your chat window, before you toss it.
  • shimonshimon
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

That's the key.
    Have to wait until you see the "<Medal Name> was awarded" in your chat window, before you toss it.

Yes! :) , thats what im talking about. But sometimes it won't say that the medal was awarded before you open the ui medal tab. I'm still not sure if its because of a lag, or just some medals are like that.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Yes! :) , thats what im talking about. But sometimes it won't say that the medal was awarded before you open the ui medal tab. I'm still not sure if its because of a lag, or just some medals are like that.

Not exactly sure why you keep mentioning the medal ui. Getting "medal awarded" message has nothing to do with when you open the medal ui. Every (almost) medal takes 5/10 secs to register after. You can open the medal ui before you get the medal, while you get the medal, after you get the medal, or never open it at all and the time for the "medal awarded" message won't change.
  • shimonshimon
    edited September 2018

Not exactly sure why you keep mentioning the medal ui. Getting "medal awarded" message has nothing to do with when you open the medal ui. Every (almost) medal takes 5/10 secs to register after. You can open the medal ui before you get the medal, while you get the medal, after you get the medal, or never open it at all and the time for the "medal awarded" message won't change.
    Check this out

Because i usually open it before i toss the medal just to make sure it's saved, but i forgot to do so with the commerci one too, also didn't expected it to happen again, i missed the root abyss medal in windia like 4 years ago and thought it was fixed since then...

• shimonshimon
    edited September 2017
    Jump, moved to page 3 without response.
    Should i just chat libe and try to retrieve my medal?