[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think Maplestory is getting attacked?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited September 2017 in Rants and Raves
Like, after the minor patch and this recent maintenance the servers were all green for a number of hours even with everyone flooding back in, but just like last time 12 hours later and the stability is bad once again - to be specific, EXACTLY as bad. And it can't be because the servers are being flooded by players because it's bad at THIS time of day (where most would be at school)

If any nexon employees look at this because it might be instilling distrust in the game I suggest you do a proper investigation to see if outside sources are causing the stability issues.

I'll leave it at that, now let the flames fly.

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »
    Like, after the minor patch and this recent maintenance the servers were all green for a number of hours even with everyone flooding back in, but just like last time 12 hours later and the stability is bad once again - to be specific, EXACTLY as bad. And it can't be because the servers are being flooded by players because it's bad at THIS time of day (where most would be at school)

If any nexon employees look at this because it might be instilling distrust in the game I suggest you do a proper investigation to see if outside sources are causing the stability issues.

I'll leave it at that, now let the flames fly.
    I wish that nexon employees give information about what's being attacked like ddos just like mssea is giving to the players about the ddos and try to be on the look out.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    DDos was one of the first guesses the community had (also because MSEA said they were under attack), but Nexon America has denied this several times on the official Discord.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    My guess is theyre trying to figure out what from the tune up update is causing the instability, thats why they have had multiple unscheduled (back end changes) and recently they changed the character and region select function back to before.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited September 2017
    My guess is theyre trying to figure out what from the tune up update is causing the instability, thats why they have had multiple unscheduled (back end changes) and recently they changed the character and region select function back to before.

which is why they took out some things like keeping track of which region you clicked.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Here's an idea: Take back everything from tune "up" update, and bring back the older version until they know for sure what was causing the crash, post official apology, and then update patch when it's all fixed? What is so wrong with admitting mistake and taking most efficient way to solve the issue?

Luna is not experiencing these issues. It's most likely not the patch itself that's the issue.
    Thoner
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Here's an idea: Take back everything from tune "up" update, and bring back the older version until they know for sure what was causing the crash, post official apology, and then update patch when it's all fixed? What is so wrong with admitting mistake and taking most efficient way to solve the issue?

Luna is not experiencing these issues. It's most likely not the patch itself that's the issue.

I could be just ignorant, but isn't Luna a much smaller server since it's the only world in the EU end, meaning any issues that could have been caused by the patch might not show as much negative impact as it does on the NA end, which has much more players/worlds to compound the effect?
  • ShyOreoShyOreo
    Reactions: 430
    edited September 2017
    Luna also has been crashing lately
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »

which is why they took out some things like keeping track of which region you clicked.

tis what I said friend
    Thoner
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I just need to say, in my, what should have been, end level boss run in my series 'Journey from Lvl 205 to Lvl 250 in Pensalir' I was lagging SO MUCH at the end... it was ridiculous. 2 deaths that should not have happened on Pink Bean and 1 debatable death against Chaos Horntail... lostlevel progress unreasonably and will need to redo 2 bosses, maybe 3?

• YamiNLYamiNL
    Reactions: 550
    edited September 2017
    The maple memo confirmed a packet hack inducing lag