[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Impossible to get legendary chef medal

KuhWayKuhWay
Reactions: 600
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: Impossible to get Absolute Taste Grade Legendary Chef Medal

More details: Currently in the event page it states that you need at least 132 stars to reach legendary grade chef. Also it states "Chef Gourdon Ritzy will sample your dish and give it a star rating from 1 (“Insulting!”) to 5 (“Perfect!”)". However the maximum number of stars per dish is 3 stars. Every dish gives 3 stars and there's a total of 33 dishes making it only possible to get 99 stars. Currently I have chef grade 7 with only 14 possible stars remaining to get. Clearly it is not possible to reach legendary grade chef to receive the legendary chef medal.
Screenshots of my progress: https://imgur.com/a/SlmXe

Steps to reproduce: Get 3 stars on every dish and only total to 99 stars

Character name: KuhWay

Character level: 233

Character job: Mercedes

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 12:40 AM 9/13/2017

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    A "5-star" dish is a dish with 3 stars and a medal, like the Sushi shown here:
    unknown.png
    YinYangXLilyflower
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited September 2017
    It's RNG when the medal is rewarded but it happens and getting the final medal is possible.... but it's going to be a long grind of boxes to get it.

On reddit someone got two medals in a row however when I used their recipe I only got 3 stars, no medal. It doesn't take long at all to make your way to the last tier BUT it does take a long time to land your own 5 star recipe, so many combos. That's where the time sink is this time, the grind for boxes to make the same recipe over and over until a medal is rewarded.

As far as RNG is showing me I'm going have to be online for hours everyday to get that medal :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Khongi wrote: »
    It's RNG when the medal is rewarded but it happens and getting the final medal is possible.... but it's going to be a long grind of boxes to get it.

On reddit someone got two medals in a row however when I used their recipe I only got 3 stars, no medal. It doesn't take long at all to make your way to the last tier BUT it does take a long time to land your own 5 star recipe, so many combos. That's where the time sink is this time, the grind for boxes to make the same recipe over and over until a medal is rewarded.

As far as RNG is showing me I'm going have to be online for hours everyday to get that medal :(

It's not RNG when you get the medal. The recipe is personalized for you when you first attempt it, and you need to find that combination. If you use the chef's hints you can do it faster.
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited September 2017
    the more you know, thanks for that. The only hint I get is "a little bit more" and when i combo/work-my-way-through +1 or -1 of each I don't get the medal (that's why I thought it was RNG)

my math is bad but you need to have like 18 at 5 star and the rest at three to land the medal... math is not my strong point so will not attempt it on a forum lol but if 132 is the goal that's what you need.... maybe... probably not.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited September 2017
    It's not a bug, although the grayed out stars are a little confusing at first.

This event is more akin to a logic puzzle involving trial and error. Listen closely to Chef Ritsey's hints and add or subtract ingredients accordingly. Make a mental note of the combinations you have tried and deduce your way towards the highest 5-star rating.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    To get hints:

First, you need to repeatedly fail recipes. Like, really fail, not 2-star or 3-star when you're looking for "perfect". Eventually he'll get so mad you will be transported to a map where you have to fight a "Furious Ritzy" boss. He drops "Master Chef Feedback" etc items.
    Once you have these items in your inventory, Chef Ritzy's face next to your "Try Again?" button will no longer be grayed out. Click on it to get detailed feedback on each of your ingredients' quantities. They get a score 0-4 depending on how far you are from the perfect amount.

You can't do this endlessly, even if you have the feedback items. At some point he starts saying, "You're going to wear out my tastebuds by asking for so much feedback" and he won't give any more until daily reset.

Also, it seem the "perfect" recipes only give 4 stars, not 5. So we have to perfect all 33 recipes to get the final medal and chair.
    DreamWeaver
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited September 2017
    To time consuming for me to care about getting 3 star with medal dishes that isn't based on anything but trial and error... I'll just get the few useful items from his shop with mob coin drops and spend my time doing something more useful and fun in game.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    To get hints:

First, you need to repeatedly fail recipes. Like, really fail, not 2-star or 3-star when you're looking for "perfect". Eventually he'll get so mad you will be transported to a map where you have to fight a "Furious Ritzy" boss. He drops "Master Chef Feedback" etc items.
    Once you have these items in your inventory, Chef Ritzy's face next to your "Try Again?" button will no longer be grayed out. Click on it to get detailed feedback on each of your ingredients' quantities. They get a score 0-4 depending on how far you are from the perfect amount.

You can't do this endlessly, even if you have the feedback items. At some point he starts saying, "You're going to wear out my tastebuds by asking for so much feedback" and he won't give any more until daily reset.

Also, it seem the "perfect" recipes only give 4 stars, not 5. So we have to perfect all 33 recipes to get the final medal and chair.

Any idea about how many fails we need? And if they have to be consecutive/in one sitting?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    For me it is really impossible since I HAVE BEEN STUCK FOR OVER 4 DAYS IN A ROW!

Please get off other people's post and go back to your own thread if you want to complain. >.>
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited September 2017
    you need to get 5 star ratings on them that's why.