[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blank error message

IVIrIVIapleIVIrIVIaple
Reactions: 400
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
bug type : Nexon launcher malfunction

Summary : When trying to run the Nexon launcher to start maple story a blank error appears that says "OK" . when you click OK, all it does is close the message. re-downloading Maplestory into another file only fixes it temporarily and when I log out or shut off my computer the game will have un-installed itself. un-installing Maplestory completely and even removing the the problem from my registry have yielded the same results where in I have to re-install the game again when I log out or turn my computer off. I'm not sure what is causing this error and I have tried everything I can think of and I know people who have gotten this same error. I hope this gets fixed soon because I will no longer be able to play Maplestory while this continues

Character name: TopFin
Character level: 216
character job: Thunder Breaker
World name: Reboot
Date and time of incident :started 9/10/17 around 5:00pm

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Have you tried searching the forums for a similar thread? >.>
    Because the whole blank error message sounds like something that's had many thread already created for and solutions posted.
    (If you have, apologies.)
  • IVIrIVIapleIVIrIVIaple
    edited September 2017
    yes I've searched other threads. That's where I found all the different solutions I tried to fix it. None of them have worked so far.
  • YamiNLYamiNL
    Reactions: 550
    edited September 2017
    Hello, this might work for you.
    - - Look for the folder containing Maplestory and copy it.
    - - Make a new folder [Better in documents for faster accesibility] and paste the game inside the folder .
    - - Uninstall the game through Nexon Launcher and uninstall Nexon Launcher.
    - -Redownload Nexon Launcher and login.
    - -Search for Maplestory through the game library and click it.
    - -Click the three dots next to your name and click Settings, head over to the second option which is Game Install / Update.
    - -Click on Change Folder and click the document where your copied Maplestory game is and then click 'Ok.'
    - -Logout of Nexon Launcher and relog back in, check your settings again if it changed the direction to the new one then head to Maplestory's game and click download.
    - -Since the game's already in the new document it will verify your game and then open it.
    - -Enjoy.

- - Hope this works. It worked for me and so far i hadn't run into the problem anymore as of now.
  • YamiNLYamiNL
    Reactions: 550
    edited September 2017
    YamiNL wrote: »
    Hello, this might work for you.
    - - Look for the folder containing Maplestory and copy it.
    - - Make a new folder [Better in documents for faster accesibility] and paste the game inside the folder .
    - - Uninstall the game through Nexon Launcher and uninstall Nexon Launcher.
    - -Redownload Nexon Launcher and login.
    - -Search for Maplestory through the game library and click it.
    - -Click the three dots next to your name and click Settings, head over to the second option which is Game Install / Update.
    - -Click on Change Folder and click the document where your copied Maplestory game is and then click 'Ok.'
    - -Logout of Nexon Launcher and relog back in, check your settings again if it changed the direction to the new one then head to Maplestory's game and click download.
    - -Since the game's already in the new document it will verify your game and then open it.
    - -Enjoy.

- - Hope this works. It worked for me and so far i hadn't run into the problem anymore as of now.

Regarding the ''check your settings again if it changed the direction to the new one'' it means just follow the step to redirect it to the folder once again.
  • IVIrIVIapleIVIrIVIaple
    edited September 2017
    Not sure how to uninstall the Nexon Launcher. Would right clicking the shortcut icon on my home screen and clicking delete work or is there something else i'm supposed to do.( sorry I'm not techy person ,I'm not good at this stuff)
  • IVIrIVIapleIVIrIVIaple
    edited September 2017
    Not sure how to uninstall the Nexon Launcher. Would right clicking the shortcut icon on my home screen and clicking delete work or is there something else i'm supposed to do.( sorry I'm not techy person ,I'm not good at this stuff)

I figured it out a followed the rest of the steps correctly now i just need to wait till after maintenance to see if it works and stays working.