[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sooo...exactly what was the exploit?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Just wanna know what's preventing me from playing this event so I can direct my fury at it.

Comments

• choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    whatever it is, I sure hope you have to actually hack to do it and not just creatively screw around with the game, because that's the only reason i can see to stop it. we're probably going to need more days, though
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited September 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    whatever it is, I sure hope you have to actually hack to do it and not just creatively screw around with the game, because that's the only reason i can see to stop it. we're probably going to need more days, though

Not really? you could technically complete the event (5 star all) in just a day
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited September 2017
    TheHoA wrote: »

that must have been the exploit
    they'll probably change it so it would be impossible to get the medal without playing ten hours a day until the last day.
    BeeverSlicedTime
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2017
    Fuschia wrote: »

they'll probably change it so it would be impossible to get the medal without playing ten hours a day until the last day.

Probably force you to buy the previous grade's medal before you can buy the medal of your current tier.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    Fuschia wrote: »

Probably force you to buy the previous grade's medal before you can buy the medal of your current tier.

You don't buy the medals, you get them for free when you rank up.

I also don't think that being able to complete the event in a day is an "exploit". It was designed to be a lot more time-consuming than that, but it's expected that the community would share information and get to the point where it can be done quickly. The event would have to be completely redesigned to make that impossible.

I assume there was a way to get more coins or exp (does the event even give exp?) than you should be able to, and hopefully they can fix that quickly.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

You don't buy the medals, you get them for free when you rank up.

I also don't think that being able to complete the event in a day is an "exploit". It was designed to be a lot more time-consuming than that, but it's expected that the community would share information and get to the point where it can be done quickly. The event would have to be completely redesigned to make that impossible.

I assume there was a way to get more coins or exp (does the event even give exp?) than you should be able to, and hopefully they can fix that quickly.

That's true, this event does give exp.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    EDIT: Scratch what I said, you just get it in one sitting so not what I thought.