[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Monster life update = let down

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The number of people with live active farms continues to drop. The addition of a new monster class should have come with more possible monster slots. A bigger farm, a higher lvl farm, and different farm buildings that gave better waru and Aesthetic Points at the same time would have been nice. Instead the max Aesthetic Points of the farm went up and my waru production went down. I was maxed out before the change 99999. I was able to obtain 100 extra waru per building. Now I can only get 58 and even if I add more things that up my Aesthetic Points my waru production still continues to suffer. I was expecting some new quests to be added but found nothing but the every 3 hours same old, dry and predictable quests that I have been doing for years now. Please give me a reason to keep playing my farm!!!
  1. Do you want a larger, higher lvl farm with more quests and better buildings?6 votes
    1. Yes, I want more space for my monsters!
       83% (5 votes)
    2. No, I don't really play this game.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. What's a farm?
       17% (1 vote)

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited September 2017
    They only need to do 1 simple thing to revive monster life at least for the people still using it. That is to make it so monsters of all types/grades stop expiring. Once you get a monster it should be permanent.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    They only need to do 1 simple thing to revive monster life at least for the people still using it. That is to make it so monsters of all types/grades stop expiring. Once you get a monster it should be permanent.

But then you'd only play ML until you got the monsters you wanted, and then stop. By making them expire they force you to keep coming back. Or give up because the buffs are not worth the trouble.

I agree with CrystalOra: the revamp should have included raised caps on farm level, area, monster count, etc and new quests. The buffs should have been improved to make working for them worthwhile. And SS monsters should have been made revivable.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited September 2017
    It would have been a great improvement if they gave all monsters the ability to be revived with Waru. You are basically just spending waru when you make new monsters to replace the old ones anyway. That would make the farm more independent from other farms though, and they most likely don't want that. I need to visit other farms to do the quests, but I only visit certain ones that I know have what I need.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Peep wrote: »

But then you'd only play ML until you got the monsters you wanted, and then stop. By making them expire they force you to keep coming back. Or give up because the buffs are not worth the trouble.

I agree with CrystalOra: the revamp should have included raised caps on farm level, area, monster count, etc and new quests. The buffs should have been improved to make working for them worthwhile. And SS monsters should have been made revivable.

It's either no expiry or expiry and allow any rank to be renewed without the cost of gems. There are certain combos that take 2 SS ranks to get and are basically impossible with the way things currently are. Put some value into waru by allowing monsters to be renewed at any rank.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited September 2017
    That would be nice considering that most people don't bother making the harder monsters anymore.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited September 2017
    I want a bigger farm to work for!!!! Give us a lvl 80 farm, a 50X50 size farm, bigger barns and more slots for monsters running around. I want to have room for all the special monsters while at the same time keeping one of each S class base monster. Give us better buildings to earn and new quests to do!!! I wanted more for so long and this update was a punch in the gut.
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    edited September 2017
    I hope they made S farm animals at least renewable with warus instead of gems. Paying 4 gems to renew one costs a lot when you have multiple S animals running around in your farm. Nothing game changing with this new mob life update.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited September 2017
    nope still requires gems to revive your S monsters.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited September 2017
    I added a poll! Bigger Farm! Bigger Farm! Bigger Farm! BIGGER FARM!!!!!!!
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2017
    Still waiting for that monster life mobile app so I dont have to use ML on the game itself.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited September 2017
    An app you say? Would it be connected to the current game?