[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Broke the Afterlands?

SoultacularSoultacular
Reactions: 615
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting
so what happened was that in the quest of turning day into night i battled a second time and after i finished beating all the rounds again, the guide tree thing asked me if the battle place was my kind of place and i said no, and so i went to the land of riches. heres the bug part: i did not complete the quest of changing day into night and so i am now stuck in the land of riches with no way of completing the quest of changing day into night and progressing on through the afterlands. i have no idea if this can be fixed but it is a real big problem. please make it so that i can go back to the land of battling in order to complete the quest.

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2017
    You should still be able to progress through the Afterlands without changing it from day to night. Your first circulation should be in daytime, and you should still be able to complete it regardless, just make a full circle again.
  • DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary: Afterlands seems to be broken.

More details: After going through the competition part of the quest in Warrior's Paradise in The Afterlands (where you compete for who can kill fifty monsters the fastest), the guide NPC (Akyasha?) asks if you want to stay in that area or move to a new one. If you tell it you want to skip to Land of Riches, (a. there are no quests, (and b. you can't go back to Warrior's Paradise, even though she/it says to just ask and she'll let you go back.

Steps to reproduce: Went to my quest log and clicked 'Forget.' The quest disappears from In Progress, but upon re-entering The Afterlands, the quest is still in progress. The guide NPC still offers the same options: Return to Maple World, or Land of Riches. No mention of Warrior's Paradise.

Character name: AuraSidhe

Character level: 178

Character job: Wind Archer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: N/A
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017

Brief bug summary: Afterlands seems to be broken.

More details: After going through the competition part of the quest in Warrior's Paradise in The Afterlands (where you compete for who can kill fifty monsters the fastest), the guide NPC (Akyasha?) asks if you want to stay in that area or move to a new one. If you tell it you want to skip to Land of Riches, (a. there are no quests, (and b. you can't go back to Warrior's Paradise, even though she/it says to just ask and she'll let you go back.

Steps to reproduce: Went to my quest log and clicked 'Forget.' The quest disappears from In Progress, but upon re-entering The Afterlands, the quest is still in progress. The guide NPC still offers the same options: Return to Maple World, or Land of Riches. No mention of Warrior's Paradise.

Character name: AuraSidhe

Character level: 178

Character job: Wind Archer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: N/A

I'm not sure I understand either. By the sounds of both posts, everything is working intentionally: you can only go in one direction in the Afterlands (until Billy paints his rainbow bridge to the Land of Contemplation), so if you want to get back to the Land of Warriors, you have to enter the Land of Riches, then speak with Akyasha and move on to the Land of Contemplation, then again move on to the Land of Innocence. From the Land of Innocence you can then move to the Land of Warriors.

You can only move clockwise through the lands:
    Warriors->Riches->Contemplation->Innocence->Warriors->etc
    This is one of the fundamental aspects of the Afterlands, and I believe an explanation is provided in-game as well.

Unless Akyasha in the Land of Riches is missing the dialog to move to the Land of Contemplation, everything seems to be fine.
    Can you provide a screenshot of Akyasha's dialog, as well as the map you are in when speaking?
  • HyuMap1eHyuMap1e
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2017

Brief bug summary: Joel's quest for the gold pieces are not resetting.

More details: I completed Joel's quest for the gold pieces until no longer able to for one day, but it does not reset itself the second day. I used up all the gold pieces before, and I cannot complete the quest line.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Complete Joel's quest for the gold pieces until no longer able to.
    2. Come back the next day, but Joel still does not offer the quest.

Character name: EnterMS

Character level: 120

Character job: Kinesis

World name: Galicia

Date and time of the incident: Oct 15, 2017
  • SoultacularSoultacular
    Reactions: 615
    edited October 2017
    So what happened was after I beat the whole wave thing when you first get there, I accepted the quest to change the sun and moon thing for partying. But what I did was instead of choosing to party, I chose to fight again. After doing that fight thing, the tree guide asked if i wanted to stay there and i said no. This then prompted me to go to the land of riches which i did. problem is, I did not finish the quest of changing day into night at the land of warriors. At this point im like "huh? this does not seem right, there are no quests in the land of riches so far" then it occurred to me that i did not change the day into night for partying at the land of warriors, so i could not return to do that thing which mean't that I was not able to complete the quest, meaning I could not progress any further through the Afterlands. I really wanted to finish the quest but could not since I could not return after choosing to go to the land of riches without further progressing through the land of warriors.

In order for this "bug" to actually happen you go to the land of warriors for the first time and finish the battles. after finishing the battles you go to change the day and nighttime thing. when you look at the list you look for the one that, i think, says battle to decide who is greatest warrior. after the battle you will be prompted to stay there or not, and you say no and when you are prompted to go to the land of riches say yes.

I think this glitch/bug may have happened accidentally by my own idiocracy
This discussion has been closed.