[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Create a 5th job skill!

MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
Reactions: 4,280
edited October 2017 in General Chat
As we've seen, 5th job opens so many possibilities for all classes. So many new concepts to create! So why don't we take a break from all the doom and gloom in the forum lately, and dream up some fun ideas for 5th job skills! Describe it however you like, just basic concepts or maybe think up damage %'s, cooldowns, whatever you want!

Me personally, I'd love to see Twister Spin make a triumphant return to Battle Mages, and it'd work a lot like Shade's hyper attack.

Skill description: Unleash a dark vortex of electricity to swallow up your enemies. Key down skill. Invincible (Or have damage severely reduced) and immobile while using the skill.
Duration when skill key is held down: 10 (Leveling the node increases duration for a max of 15 seconds)
Damage: 750% 1 time each second
Extra effect: 50% chance to inflict the dark shock debuff (When an enemy is hit after receiving the dark shock debuff, the debuff is removed and the enemy take 4 lines of 350%)
Leveling the node increases the chance to inflict the debuff (For a max of 75%).
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Pigabafoussiremix

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Skillname: Purification
    Class:Bishop

Description:Use the power of light to enchance your abilities.
    Lvl 1Duration 40 seconds
    Increases m.att by 30%
    Angel ray damage increased , light beams shoot out homing on near mobs when angel ray hits.
    Trigger chance: 30%
    Genesis enemie hit count increased
    Big bang range increased
    Bahamuts effect increased.

MageOfBattlesscholar624
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2017
    Skillname: Purification
    Class:Bishop

Description:Use the power of light to enchance your abilities.
    Lvl 1Duration 40 seconds
    Increases m.att by 30%
    Angel ray damage increased , light beams shoot out homing on near mobs when angel ray hits.
    Trigger chance: 30%
    Genesis enemie hit count increased
    Big bang range increased
    Bahamuts effect increased.

sorry I thought of this

My ideal 5th job skill for Corsair would be the ability to clone their main weapon to do double damage (through doubling attack count). I see KMS recently added a skill that is like this for all pirates though seemingly half assed.

Once the buff ends the two guns merge back into one and the heat created from the two guns doubles as it becomes a single gun, making it slow to fire (you see ivan, when gun is smoldering hot, take time to fire unless you want gun to become grenade.) -2 attack speed for like 30 seconds after. Buff duration:30 seconds cooldown: 60 seconds.

I'd also like Corsair to have an "ammo selection" skill that drastically changes how Rapid Fire and a few other skills looks when using it. It turns Corsair into a Bullet Hell-esque class.

Ammo types: Grapeshot (spread), Incendiary (elemental), and Barrier

Grapeshot basically increases number of enemies hit to 3, but can hit the same enemy more than once (like spread throw mixed with Hayato's op 1st 5th job skill) but changes RF's initial damage to 150%

Incendiary opens a sub option to either explosive rounds (fire), corrosive rounds (poison) or Ice Shards (Ice) which causes a burn, poison, or frozen effect. Fire deals 100% DoT and can spread to nearby enemies that come close to the enemy on fire, -10% DoT per extra enemy effected. Poison does 300% DoT. Ice slows enemies at 5% chance with up to 4 cryogenic stages. 4th stage immobilizes (binds) the target for 5 seconds before melting. Chance to freeze decreases by 1% per stage (2% chance to bind, 1% chance to increase bind duration) but the first 3 stages stay until the target is killed.

Barrier creates a bullet shield for every 16th shot of Rapidfire which decreases damage by 30%. Up to 8 bullets can be created at once and a bullet is consumed upon taking damage.
    foussiremixMageOfBattlesKitepyroDarkPassenger
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2017
    I would just like to see nexon release that cool Zero skill that was shown off at the JMS conference years ago when they also showed off Beast Tamer.
    Ivangold
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited October 2017
    Skill Name: FIX ME PLEASE! /F.M.P.

Class: Jett

Description: Fixes Jett's space walk skill along with giving his buffs a 300s duration, also reduces the skill delay with backup beatdown&linked attacks.
    lv 1: Duration 300s
    Space walk now has fixed vertical&horizontal range
    Any self buff not a potion will last for 300s
    Backup beatdown skill delay is reduced significantly as well as attack key skill combo.
    Cooldown:180 secs

Cause honestly if you not going to fix them make it a dang skill XD
    DarkPassenger
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2017
    It's my turn!

Class: Dual Blade
    Skill Name: Flying Assault
    Description: Spin wildly while jumping to deal fatal damage to enemies. Passively increases attack range and damage of skills while in midair.

LVL 25: Deal 800% DMG x 3 on up to 10 enemies while Flash Jumping.
    Bonus Damage to enemies while in midair: 100%
    Increases attack range by 50.
    Increases MP consumption of skills by 50%.
    Toggle Skill
    MageOfBattles
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited October 2017
    Class: Mechanic
    Skill Name: All Out
    Description: Unloads the Mechanic full weapon payload onto their enemy. But causes the mech to overheat causing the system to shut down for a few moments after the skill has been used. "Hold down skill button for max effect"

Animation shows Mech drops off two mini robot buildings from it's chest that quickly build tiny bots as they launch towards their foe then it shows the mech hands change into large gatling guns with quad flame throwers attached firing both bullets and flame jets from hands while at the same time launching missiles out the back shoulders while center chest re-opens up to fire multiple lasers and miniature missiles. Once the barrage has stopped it then finishes them off with a called down air strike.

Lvl 1: Costs 550 of mp per second Deals 125% damage to 1 enemy 5 times continuously for 10 seconds, also deals burn effect damage 125% per second to one enemy 1 time lasts 2 seconds. Final Hit- "Air Strike" Damage 450% to 8 enemies 3 times - Cool down 160 seconds, after attack cannot use any skills for 15 seconds while system reboots during cool down."

Lvl 25: Costs 750 of mp per second Deals 325% damage to 1 enemy 5 times continuously for 10 seconds, also deals burn effect damage 325% per second to one enemy 1 time lasts 8 seconds. Final Hit- "Air Strike" Damage 850% to 8 enemies 3 times - Cool down 240 seconds, after attack cannot use any skills for 15 seconds while system reboots during cool down."

My idea overall needs lots of work. But this thread is pretty fun for coming up with some interesting ideas.

MageOfBattles
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    edited October 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    It's my turn!

Skill Name: Flying Assault
    Description: Spin wildly while jumping to deal fatal damage to enemies. Passively increases attack range and damage of skills while in midair.

LVL 25: Deal 800% DMG x 3 on up to 10 enemies while Flash Jumping.
    Bonus Damage to enemies while in midair: 100%
    Increases attack range by 50.
    Increases MP consumption of skills by 50%.
    Toggle Skill

You know, I almost feel like that would be much more suited to a class like Mercedes. Still loving all the ideas though! Please, keep them coming!
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2017
    Wind archer
    Jericho Flurry
    A buff or passive which causes trifling wind arrows to spawn from enemies you hit as well as yourself.
    MageOfBattles
    edited October 2017
    Wind archer
    Jericho Flurry
    A buff or passive which causes trifling wind arrows to spawn from enemies you hit as well as yourself.

Trifling wind is my favorite part of WA, I'll take as much as I can get.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    First of all, this thread should be in the Suggestions category. And secondly, I have a complete list of 5th Job Skill suggestions containing one for each class in the game in the works, and I'm giving you a sneak peek of it!

Class: Mechanic
    Skill Name: Mech Self-Destruct
    Two words.

Description: Set your mech to self-destruct and eject out of it. How it explodes is based on your current mech form. You cannot use skills for 5 seconds when you cast this skill, but after that, Checky delivers you a fresh new mech in the form of your previous mech. Can deal damage to enemies with Attack Ignore or Attack Reflection effects.
    Level 25: Consumes 1000 MP. This skill can only be used while in Humanoid Mech or Tank Mech. Cooldown: 45 seconds.
    [Humanoid Mech] Explodes 3 seconds after you eject, dealing 3000% damage 5 times on up to 15 enemies with an additional 100% critical rate and 100% defense ignore in a large explosion. Final Damage is increased up to 100%, based on how close the enemy was to the epicenter. Can be used during Mechanic Dash or Rocket Booster to launch it forward or upward respectively.
    [Tank Mech] Thrusts forward and explodes 2.5 seconds later or when it collides to an enemy or a wall, dealing 3000% damage 10 times on up to 8 enemies with an additional 100% critical rate and 100% defense ignore in a small explosion. Final Damage is increased up to 100%, based on how close the enemy was to the epicenter, and the collided enemy takes an additional 50% Final Damage.
    The Tank Mech Self-Destruct pays homage to the Metal Slug.
    giphy.gif -> 200w.gif
    MageOfBattles
    edited October 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    First of all, this thread should be in the Suggestions category.

Except for the fact that I'm not advocating for these skills to be added. It's simply a discussion about maple topics. It could go in off topic, but as I said, it pertains to Maplestory. Love your idea though.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    More people should get involved in this thread, so I'm giving you another sneak peek of my upcoming 5th Job Skill idea compilation.

Class: Evan
    Skill Name: Flaky Magic
    Description: Modify your magic to make all your attack skills form magic debris. Your fusion skills which can already form magic debris will form twice as many. If Dark Fog is on cooldown, magic debris creation is doubled. Debris formation cooldown's decreased, maximum debris limit is increased, unactivated debris cannot disappear, and when your debris count hits the maximum debris limit, your debris are automatically activated. Automatically activated magic debris is unaffected by Attack Reflection.
    Level 25: Consumes 800 MP. For 60 seconds, your non-Fusion Skills create 1 Debris, while your Fusion Skills' Debris Creation is increased to 2. Debris Creation is doubled while Dark Fog is on cooldown. Debris Formation Cooldown is decreased to 0.25 seconds and Maximum Debris Limit is increased to 40. Cooldown: 150 seconds.
    MageOfBattles
    edited October 2017
    XD I'm gonna keep trying to come up with 5th job skills myself (Just don't be surprised if most of them are BaM/Mage skills)

Class: Battle mage
    Skill name: Maximize aura.
    Skill description: Harness and magnify your current aura to greatly increase the active effects (Including hyper skills). Does not effect passives. Auras do not effect party members while this buff is in effect. Using Aura Scythe will overwrite Maximize Aura. Switching auras cancels Maximize Aura. The aura used with Maximize Aura will share the cooldown of Maximize Aura.

Level 1: Duration 45 seconds (Leveling up the node increases duration up to 60 seconds)
    Cooldown: 85 seconds (Leveling up the node decreases cooldown for a max of 60 seconds)
    Haste Aura: Effects are multiplied by 2
    Drain Aura: Effects are multiplied by 2 (Healing cooldown is increased from 5 to 7 seconds)
    Blue Aura: Effects are multiplied by 2
    Dark Aura: Effects are multiplied by 1.5
    Weakening Aura: Effects are multiplied by 2 (Debuff is increased from 15 to 20 seconds)

Level 25: Duration 60 seconds
    Haste Aura: Effects are multiplied by 2
    Drain Aura: Effects are multiplied by 3 (Healing cooldown remains at 7 seconds)
    Blue Aura: Effects are multiplied by 3
    Dark Aura: Effects are multiplied by 2
    Weakening Aura: Effects are multiplied by 3
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2017

Skill: Chain Strike

Description: While attacking, strike your foes with a sharp chain. Chain hits the monster you are attack as well as monsters nearby.

LVL 25: For 30 seconds, summon a chain that attacks up to 10 enemies for 800% DMG x 8 whenever you are attacking.
    Reactivation time: .5 second
    Cooldown 60 seconds

The chain looks similar to the Dual Blade's chains of hell and it will have the same bouncing properties as Luminous's reflection.
    MageOfBattles
    edited October 2017
    Thought of another one.

Class: Ice Lightning mage
    Skill name: Frozen Tesla

Skill description: Install a frozen lightning rod that targets nearby enemies with lightning bolts.
    Duration: 15 seconds (Increase node level to increase duration up to 30 seconds)
    Shoots 1 lightning bolt every 3 seconds.
    The first lightning bolt hits for 5 lines of 600%. Lightning bolts have a 75% chance to split into two other lightning bolts.
    Split lightning bolts hit for 3 lines of 400% Split lightning bolts have a 30% chance to split into two lightning bolts.
    Lightning bolts split twice hit for 2 lines of 300%

Split rates are increased when attacking boss monsters.
    The rates are 90%, and 45% respectively.
    edited October 2017
    I'm on a creative hyper drive right now!

Class: Kanna
    Skill name: Haku Unleashed

Skill description: You and Haku unleash your spiritual energies to combine your attacks. The attack changes depending on the last skill Haku used. Each combo skill has it's own cooldown. But you can't use the skill again until the cooldown ends.

Level 1:
    Haku's Curse: Nimbus curse and Haku's gift combine into a shockwave that deals 300% 8 times. The smoke left behind deals 450% every second for 20 seconds. Restore 1% of your max hp each time the smoke deals damage. (Leveling up the node increases the damage of both the shockwave and the smoke for a max of 350% and 500% respectively)
    Mana cost: 75
    Cooldown: 150 seconds

Breath of the Demon: Demon's fury and Breath of the Unseen combine to set free a demon that deals 250% 10 times and creates a field that increases party knock back resist by 100% and reduces enemy defense by 50%. The field lasts for 30 seconds (Leveling the node increases the duration of the field up to 45 seconds)
    Mana cost: 60
    Cooldown: 90 seconds

Blessing of the Bellflower Blossom: Combines Haku's blessing, Bellflower barrier and Blossom Barrier into a field that increases party member damage by 20%, boss damage by 15% and reduces %hp attacks by 10%. Lasts 20 seconds. (Leveling the node increases the duration of the field up to 30 seconds) Does not stack with Haku's blessing, Bellflower barrier, or Blossom Barrier.
    Mana cost:... Whatever the max mana Kanna's have.
    Cooldown: 600 seconds

Explosive Pandemonium: Combines FoxFire and Veritable Pandemonium to summon a fiery goblin to heavily damage a single enemy dependent on the amount of flames remaining from Foxfire. (Leveling up the node increases the damage up to 300%, 500% and 700% respectively.
    1 Flame: 250% 3 times
    2 Flames: 400% 6 times
    3 Flames: 550% 8 times.
    Mana cost: 90
    Cooldown: 180 seconds.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017
    Phantom

Gambit

Carte Noir explode on impact with enemies for 10 seconds, maxing out the skill will allow for a max of 15 seconds (similar to the toxin from Thieves is how the skill will work)

it'll look something like purple aura around the carte noir procs. basis of it to add extra damage to the dps

so whatever carte noir damage is it explodes after to add extra damage per proc
    MageOfBattles
    edited October 2017
    This one is similar to my last, but it worked well for what I wanted.

Class: Battle Mage
    Skill name: Extract Aura

Skill Description: Extract the magical essence of your currently equipped aura to alter the effects. Cannot change auras while the skill is in effect. Aura Scythe will overwrite any buffs. Each skill has it's own cooldown. But you cannot use the skill again until the cooldown ends. Buffs do not effect party members. Using the skill does not consume the aura.

Level 1:

Haste Aura: Magnify the aura to vastly speed up your movements to let loose a flurry of attacks around you. Key down skill. Does 3 lines of 350%.
    (Leveling the node increases the damage up to 400% and lines up to 4)
    Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Drain Aura: Infuses the aura into your staff dealing 400% 5 times. Leaves a mark that deals 250% each second for 10 seconds, recovers 1% max hp each hit.
    (Leveling the node increases the damage up to 450% and 300% respectively)
    Cooldown: 120 seconds

Blue Aura: Magnifies the aura around you, making you invincible and immobile for 5 seconds.
    (Leveling the node increases the duration up to 7.5 seconds)
    Cooldown: 300 seconds

Dark Aura: Fuses the aura with your attacks to heavily attack the enemies. Deals 600% 8 times.
    (Leveling the node increases damage up to 650%)
    Cooldown: 30 seconds

Weakening Aura: Expands the aura over a wide area to weaken enemies for 30 seconds. Lowers enemies defense by 20% and elemental resistance by 10%. Stacks with weakening aura.
    (Leveling the node increases the effects up to 30% and 15% respectively)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2017

Blessing of the Bellflower Blossom: Combines Haku's blessing, Bellflower barrier and Blossom Barrier into a field that increases party member damage by 20%, boss damage by 15% and reduces %hp attacks by 10%. Lasts 20 seconds. (Leveling the node increases the duration of the field up to 30 seconds) Does not stack with Haku's blessing, Bellflower barrier, or Blossom Barrier.
    Mana cost: 100

my only problem with this is that haku's blessing is not a controlled buff, and would cancel this whenever haku auto casts the blessing buff (looking at how Hayato has this problem with one of his hyperskill buffs being cancelled by a 4th job skill buff if on macro and vice verca).
    DarkPassenger
    edited October 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Mana cost: 100

my only problem with this is that haku's blessing is not a controlled buff, and would cancel this whenever haku auto casts the blessing buff (looking at how Hayato has this problem with one of his hyperskill buffs being cancelled by a 4th job skill buff if on macro and vice verca).

Interesting, I thought the fact that it was a barrier/field type skill would prevent any problems like that.