[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher Bugged

White_ShadowWhite_Shadow
Reactions: 805
edited October 2017 in Tech Support
Hello! So, I've got a problem... My Nexon Launcher doesn't run! I click on Nexon Launcher, appaers that it is loading and it closes automatically! I've tried to re-install, execute administrator but nothing happened. Help me, please!
And another thing happened. When I re-installed I put the option: ''Create a desktop shortcut'', but the launcher didn't come to my desktop, so I opened it in the Nexon Launcher folder, but I got the same error: It doesn't run!
(My computer haven't got malwares)

Comments

• pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Well, you can always try to play through steam. Did the launcher ever work or has it only started doing this recently? Lot's of people seem to be having some issues with the launcher after the update recently. Have you rebooted your computer? Does your antivirus have issues with the launcher? Sometimes antivirus can be finicky with it.
  • White_ShadowWhite_Shadow
    edited October 2017
    I've never tried play through steam. I don't have steam. This problem with me started this week. When I updated my launcher (I think it was on Wednesday the 18th) I could play normally. But in the next day I turned on the computer and it happened. I tried to restart my computar but nothing happened again. I guess my antivirus is not influencing this, but as I said, when I tried to re-install the launcher and I put the option: ''Create a desktop shortcut'', the launcher didn't come to my desktop, so It bugged too.
    But thank you for the comment!
  • AmityAmity
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2017
    I'm having the exact same issue as you. I sent in a ticket but it didn't help except directing me to the troubleshooting section, where I tried every single method suggested there and nothing worked. I hope they fix the launcher bug soon sigh.
  • AmityAmity
    edited October 2017
    Also might add I rebooted my computer and reinstalled windows 10 and nexon launcher still won't even open
    edited October 2017
    Amity wrote: »
    Also might add I rebooted my computer and reinstalled windows 10 and nexon launcher still won't even open

Wait, windows 10? Does everyone else who has this problem use 10? That could be a factor.
    edited October 2017

Wait, windows 10? Does everyone else who has this problem use 10? That could be a factor.

Nope. My computer is Windows 7
    edited October 2017

Interesting. I use 8.1 and it works on mine. Does anyone who uses 8.1 have a problem with the launcher? Also, when it closes are any background processes left in task manager?
  • AmityAmity
    edited October 2017

Interesting. I use 8.1 and it works on mine. Does anyone who uses 8.1 have a problem with the launcher? Also, when it closes are any background processes left in task manager?

For me, when I open Nexon Launcher it only opens for two seconds then shuts down and it only shows in the task manager for a couple seconds then shuts down as well, before I can even click on it. No background processes are left in task manager.
    edited October 2017

For me, when I open Nexon Launcher it only opens for two seconds then shuts down and it only shows in the task manager for a couple seconds then shuts down as well, before I can even click on it. No background processes are left in task manager.

Bizarre. Especially if you have a clean install of windows. I wonder just how many people are having this issue. Could try dual booting with windows 8.1 to see if it's the OS not liking the launcher due to the update, but at this point using steam is the easier option.
    Amity
    edited October 2017
    If I use Steam can I access my account that I play? (I do not have steam)
    edited October 2017
    Wow wow wow. It fixed by itself. I'm downloading maplestory right now. If any error appaers I'll tell you here. But now my nexon launcher opened, but in my windows taskbar the Nexon Launcher Icon isn't appearing correctly, is appearing one ''paper'', like when a icon bugs.
    edited October 2017
    Wow wow wow. It fixed by itself. I'm downloading maplestory right now. If any error appaers I'll tell you here. But now my nexon launcher opened, but in my windows taskbar the Nexon Launcher Icon isn't appearing correctly, is appearing one ''paper'', like when a icon bugs.

That is very strange. Well, at least it's working?
    edited October 2017

That is very strange. Well, at least it's working?

Yes!!! It worked! And the Nexon Launcher Icon now is normal again.
  • DarkDaveDarkDave
    Reactions: 980
    edited October 2017
    it's a shame that we have lost plenty of event days and the support team didn't even bother to respond. I'm so angry atm with them
    edited October 2017
    DarkDave wrote: »
    it's a shame that we have lost plenty of event days and the support team didn't even bother to respond. I'm so angry atm with them

Yeah, missing events is never fun.
  • Genos_kunGenos_kun
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2017
    I'm surprisingly running into this as well. I've had the launcher downloaded for a couple days and been playing, left my PC off for half a day, came back and pretty much have the same symptoms as you. I've rebooted several times, reinstalled the game launcher, tried deleting bin and re-updating, it just doesn't work.
    edited October 2017
    Genos_kun wrote: »
    I'm surprisingly running into this as well. I've had the launcher downloaded for a couple days and been playing, left my PC off for half a day, came back and pretty much have the same symptoms as you. I've rebooted several times, reinstalled the game launcher, tried deleting bin and re-updating, it just doesn't work.

This is so perplexing! What OS do you run?
    edited October 2017
    Guys, my problem fixed as I said, but now people is having the same issue. Look at that: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14647/nexon-launcher-wont-open#latest
  • Azula09Azula09
    I've been having to same issues with the launcher, and even after all the methods I tried to do to have nexon to run normally again. I've been thinking of trying factory reset but after I saw this I was still hoping if this could be helped.