[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gibberish announcement when I log in.

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting
D87azm6.png

Issue:
Just happened today. Every time I log in or change channels I get this instant gibberish on my chat screen, assuming it's meant to be a maplestory message?

World:
all worlds except reboot.
Hardmuscle

Comments

• pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Khongi wrote: »
    D87azm6.png

Issue:
    Just happened today. Every time I log in or change channels I get this instant gibberish on my chat screen, assuming it's meant to be a maplestory message?

World:
    all worlds except reboot.

I think I might have gotten that before. Probably untranslated text.
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited October 2017
    I was told in game by a random that this happens when you get a lot of auction house notices at once, the game kind of craps out and produces this one line of gibberish and there might be truth to that because I wasn't in game for a few days so all my AH had passed their 24hrs, prior to that I always collect on time so have never had a bulk AH announcement before.

Still if this is the case someone needs to fix the error from this to "multiple auctions require your attention" or something, you know, legible.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    I was told in game by a random that this happens when you get a lot of auction house notices at once, the game kind of craps out and produces this one line of gibberish and there might be truth to that because I wasn't in game for a few days so all my AH had passed their 24hrs, prior to that I always collect on time so have never had a bulk AH announcement before.

Still if this is the case someone needs to fix the error from this to "multiple auctions require your attention" or something, you know, legible.

I use auction house a ton so that makes sense for me.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

I got this on an account that has never used the auction house.

My guess is that it is related to one of the new events, since it only started appearing yesterday, for everyone.
  • shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited October 2017
    If your computer locale is Korean, the message notifies about Crossworld Party Quest Points being reset.