[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The candy's drop rate is extremely low

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited October 2017 in General Chat
like insanely low - how is anyone supposed to do this event?
LynniekinsGoldAdventurer

Comments

• MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    botters gonna run this event :(
    specially since we can't even use ghost ship or dimension invasion anymore
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Matty wrote: »

Chairs have no benefit to helping your range and if you're gonna waste mesos on that it's sad...
    I think it's pretty obvious who are the ones that are either botting or doing something that violations the games TOS or you're really sad that the only joy out of life you get is wasting money on Cash Shop items, Surprise boxes , Gachapon Tickets...
    If you call spending $50 or more "fun" then you obviously have no idea what fun is... I can think a lot of things I could do with $50 or more that would make feel better then if I was to waste it on MapleStory.

So many times I've done events where I've wasted anywhere from $100-1,000 dollars and felt depressed on I got nothing good out of it.
    Spend $1,000+ trying to get a Frenzy Totem or a Firestarter ring and get a bunch of junk like 4-hour exp boosters ect...

? People are able to spend mesos or money on whatever they want. It's not your place to judge them for that. It's the same case for having fun. Fun is subjective, and everyone's different. Just because you don't see any fun, or a point to something, doesn't mean there isn't one.
    DreamWeaverDividedFlow
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Matty wrote: »

They will only run the event if people are willing to buy them off botters...
    Myself I don't really care about this event, I don't care about chairs to me only people who wanna look "cool" are the ones who buy them.
    Chairs have no benefit to helping your range and if you're gonna waste mesos on that it's sad...
    I think it's pretty obvious who are the ones that are either botting or doing something that violations the games TOS or you're really sad that the only joy out of life you get is wasting money on Cash Shop items, Surprise boxes , Gachapon Tickets...
    If you call spending $50 or more "fun" then you obviously have no idea what fun is... I can think a lot of things I could do with $50 or more that would make feel better then if I was to waste it on MapleStory.

So many times I've done events where I've wasted anywhere from $100-1,000 dollars and felt depressed on I got nothing good out of it.
    Spend $1,000+ trying to get a Frenzy Totem or a Firestarter ring and get a bunch of junk like 4-hour exp boosters ect...

what are you on about lmao this has nothing to do with spending money

it's a competitive event based around farming, and the most efficient way for the average player to do that was removed. The rankings will absolutely be dominated by hackers, so good luck to any legits trying to get rank 1000 or higher.
    DividedFlow
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I was looking forward to farming monster collection but I'll have to spend my time farming all these candies instead.

I can't do both at once because the game is yet again punishing me for being a high level. There's very few monsters to collect that are 230+ and if I kill anything lower than that it won't drop the event drops.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    ? People are able to spend mesos or money on whatever they want. It's not your place to judge them for that. It's the same case for having fun. Fun is subjective, and everyone's different. Just because you don't see any fun, or a point to something, doesn't mean there isn't one.

I'm giving advice to people... who are making the same bad choices I made, and not to make them mistakes, You're gonna regret this stuff later when reality sets in and you look back at how you blew money on a game and now have nothing to show for it.

Apparently you're one of the many kinds of people who don't believe in listening to people who have been down that road they're going...
    Spend ALL your money and when you look back at much you wasted all to have "FUN" you realize that the fun you had was short lived and you wish you had that money now...

Their a huge difference in buying something physical and then something virtual, and their is a huge difference in the prices of them...

I don't care what you do with YOUR money I just wanna warn people that you just might regret it later.

Imagine spending $800 on Marvel and the next day you're banned by mistake and all that money you spent on the game is GONE!
    Spent $800 to have a few minutes of "Marvel fun" and with a blink of an eye it's all over and now you've nothing...

Reminds me of gambling I'm not gonna win I'm just gonna lose money might as well go play anyways right? Because it's "fun" to lose all your money.

But hey you know what?
    You live with your parents still or live in a dorm room you're not paying a mortgage, you're not paying for food and you're it's possibly ramen noodle LMAO
    Why do you think I got away with spending all the money I spent on MapleStory?
    Because I live at home with my parents and all I need to do is pay my rent and internet and phone and the rest of the money I can blow on whatever.

Yeah I haven't bought any NX in around half a year at this point, perhaps longer. I don't appreciate assumptions. But that's besides the point. I don't see what this post has to do with the problem at hand. The candy drop rate is far too low. Which is an issue for an event like this. It's noble of you to want to prevent others from misfortune, but this isn't the place or time to do so.
    DreamWeaver
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    The drop rate for a candy is too low... The drop rate to find the quest items for the Dark Lords of Darkness event is considered good.
    Nexon Global staff are deeply disappointing.. I hope they will listen to the cummunity's voices.
  • GabayGabay
    Reactions: 810
    edited October 2017
    I knew this would happen when they changed it so we can't get drops anymore in DI and Evo Lab after certain level..
    Too bad Nexon going backward instead of improving the gameplay.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Gabay wrote: »
    I knew this would happen when they changed it so we can't get drops anymore in DI and Evo Lab after certain level..
    Too bad Nexon going backward instead of improving the gameplay.

I think they should change dipq and evo lab to scale all the way to level 250 so we can still use them. I'm sure there's more scaling content that falls short of 250 we could add to this list too.

Otherwise what's the point of having content we can't use?

They did commerci right, it goes to 250.
  • SnowieeSnowiee
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited October 2017
    I had a feeling the drop rate was low. At least it's not just me.
  • HoolaHoopahHoolaHoopah
    Reactions: 220
    edited October 2017
    lets be real though, why would hackers want to participate in this event anyways? Their efforts would be better spent botting to make money rather than wasting time sitting in towns trading candy. Real talk
    DreamWeaverSnowiee
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    it's not like the other ranking event where there were maple points and stuff, hackers are unlikely to care about a chair and a hat.

Hackers would also have to get people to click them for candy sharing...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017

I'm giving advice to people... who are making the same bad choices I made, and not to make them mistakes, You're gonna regret this stuff later when reality sets in and you look back at how you blew money on a game and now have nothing to show for it.

Apparently you're one of the many kinds of people who don't believe in listening to people who have been down that road they're going...
    Spend ALL your money and when you look back at much you wasted all to have "FUN" you realize that the fun you had was short lived and you wish you had that money now...

Their a huge difference in buying something physical and then something virtual, and their is a huge difference in the prices of them...

I don't care what you do with YOUR money I just wanna warn people that you just might regret it later.

Imagine spending $800 on Marvel and the next day you're banned by mistake and all that money you spent on the game is GONE!
    Spent $800 to have a few minutes of "Marvel fun" and with a blink of an eye it's all over and now you've nothing...

Reminds me of gambling I'm not gonna win I'm just gonna lose money might as well go play anyways right? Because it's "fun" to lose all your money.

But hey you know what?
    You live with your parents still or live in a dorm room you're not paying a mortgage, you're not paying for food and you're it's possibly ramen noodle LMAO
    Because I live at home with my parents and all I need to do is pay my rent and internet and phone and the rest of the money I can blow on whatever.

didnt you make a comment or post about "opening up your wallet and spending 1k on this game for christmas, or if you find a gf to spend it on her"
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017

But hey you know what?

didnt you make a comment or post about "opening up your wallet and spending 1k on this game for christmas, or if you find a gf to spend it on her"

I think he did! Lol