[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

[Final Update] World Leap Event

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 14,995
Posts: 357
Administrator, Nexon
edited October 26 in Announcements
After today's maintenance, Maplers will notice that the NPC "Mover" has made a return.
However, when talking to the NPC, you will most likely be met with the following message:

VtuSItg.png

Please note that the World Leap NPC will only function for those who experienced the Friendship Ring Issue and those who submitted a ticket for the population cap issue between 10/3/2017 to 10/17/2017

If you experience any further issues with this, please contact our Customer Support for assistance: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us
I highly stress the importance of submitting tickets for any issues that you experience in-game and hope to see everyone make it to their desired worlds.
darikPallyCookieZerobeat36

Comments

  • Zerobeat36Zerobeat36
    Reactions: 590
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited October 26
    10/3/2017 to 10/17/2017 - Again as I said on the last board, I submitted my ticket on 10/2/2017 for the "Friendship Ring" Issue. Will I be able to leap?
  • PallyCookiePallyCookie
    Reactions: 310
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited October 26
    So what about those who didn't submit a ticket in time (didnt get blocked half way but didn't get to start even xferring because of last day block) because, again, they were waiting on news of what to do as told?
  • ReiyomiReiyomi
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited October 26
    I am very judgmental of the way Nexon has chosen to handle this event.

    If it were any other game company that failed to issue an event correctly, the proper stance to take would be to compensate players by extending the event. Why exactly is it that the players should take responsibility for your mishap? ONLY players who submitted tickets are allowed to world transfer? Do you understand the problem here? Players that read this post are going to be submitting tickets now and your service representatives will lock them out the door because you set a specific date for ticket submissions on the World Leap Event.

    I know for a fact that nothing will change, but mark my words Nexon, God only forgives so many times.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 14,995
    Posts: 357
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited October 26
    Zerobeat36 wrote: »
    10/3/2017 to 10/17/2017 - Again as I said on the last board, I submitted my ticket on 10/2/2017 for the "Friendship Ring" Issue. Will I be able to leap?

    Apologies for the confusing wording. I edited the original post to specify that the time frame was only in regards to the population cap and not the friendship ring issue.
    So what about those who didn't submit a ticket in time (didnt get blocked half way but didn't get to start even xferring because of last day block) because, again, they were waiting on news of what to do as told?

    We realize that this was a possibility, but instructing Maplers to submit a ticket to leap to a desired world was not an option. This could have resulted in thousands of requests from those who weren't facing any issues and wished to abuse the system for a free leap. We wanted to minimize the potential of abuse while at the same time addressing the issues of those who submitted a ticket.

    At the end of the day, we know that this won't solve the issue that came with this event for everyone. In response to that, we're planning to introduce an option to allow Maplers to move on their own terms without the need of an event or paywall. More information in regards this will be coming in the near future.
    PallyCookie
  • ReiyomiReiyomi
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited October 26
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Zerobeat36 wrote: »
    10/3/2017 to 10/17/2017 - Again as I said on the last board, I submitted my ticket on 10/2/2017 for the "Friendship Ring" Issue. Will I be able to leap?

    Apologies for the confusing wording. I edited the original post to specify that the time frame was only in regards to the population cap and not the freidnship ring issue.
    So what about those who didn't submit a ticket in time (didnt get blocked half way but didn't get to start even xferring because of last day block) because, again, they were waiting on news of what to do as told?

    We realize that this was a possibility, but instructing Maplers to submit a ticket to leap to a desired world was not an option. This could have resulted in thousands of requests from those who weren't facing any issues and wished to abuse the system for a free leap. We wanted to minimize the potential of abuse while at the same time addressing the issues of those who submitted a ticket.

    At the end of the day, we know that this won't solve the issue that came with this event for everyone. In response to that, we're planning to introduce an option to allow Maplers to move on their own terms without the need of an event or paywall. More information in regards this will be coming in the near future.

    If you wanted a better option, you simply could have looked into what made the population cap/friendship glitches occur in the first place. After resolving these issues, you could have extended the World Leap Event as normal. You had all the data to keep track of accounts that were Level 33 and higher and were made weeks before the event. There is no possible way for anyone to take advantage of the event because everyone had the same opportunity except for those who were affected. This is not a good response in my opinion, but I'm willing to give time to see this "information" that will be coming in the near future.

    Just because you say it's not a paywall Arwoo, doesn't mean it won't be/won't have restrictions. We've seen that there are communication issues between the game team and the team PR.
  • PallyCookiePallyCookie
    Reactions: 310
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited October 26
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Zerobeat36 wrote: »
    10/3/2017 to 10/17/2017 - Again as I said on the last board, I submitted my ticket on 10/2/2017 for the "Friendship Ring" Issue. Will I be able to leap?

    Apologies for the confusing wording. I edited the original post to specify that the time frame was only in regards to the population cap and not the freidnship ring issue.
    So what about those who didn't submit a ticket in time (didnt get blocked half way but didn't get to start even xferring because of last day block) because, again, they were waiting on news of what to do as told?

    We realize that this was a possibility, but instructing Maplers to submit a ticket to leap to a desired world was not an option. This could have resulted in thousands of requests from those who weren't facing any issues and wished to abuse the system for a free leap. We wanted to minimize the potential of abuse while at the same time addressing the issues of those who submitted a ticket.

    At the end of the day, we know that this won't solve the issue that came with this event for everyone. In response to that, we're planning to introduce an option to allow Maplers to move on their own terms without the need of an event or paywall. More information in regards this will be coming in the near future.

    That's nice to know, thanks for the heads up. Good communication on your part. I think that will take care of any issue people have with this event.
  • wishtheycaredwishtheycared
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 13
    Member
    edited October 26
    I guess I submitted the World Leap Couple Ring Glitch a little to early. I post the ticket number here as well 522953. I created this ticket today and I hope my case will be solved. I really need my phantom in Windia.
  • DazedDazed
    Reactions: 1,220
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited October 26
    Thank you sooo much!
    My character is now in Bera!
  • AlterlifeAlterlife
    Reactions: 310
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited October 26
    @arwoo I still can't move my main Fallenz to bera from windia even though I posted a ticket ahead of time. My ticket number is #514055.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 14,995
    Posts: 357
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited October 26
    I'm seeing a number of reports from Maplers who can't seem to move despite talking to the NPC. Please submit a ticket for the time being and we'll look into it further on our end.
  • SadVirginSadVirgin
    Reactions: 2,531
    Posts: 237
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 26
    How long will the NPC be available for?
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,040
    Posts: 226
    Member
    edited October 26
    #523070 is my ticket number please help me my character cannot transfer
    ign: SSBiue
    class: buccaneer
  • WelcomingWelcoming
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited October 26
    Ticket # 513803 Posted and "Solved" Oct 2nd 2017
    Character - Amicable
    Current World - Windia
    Desired World - Bera


    6b4ec278eca0a93bdabb85365255c16c.png
    4da4fffa50768cfeb408285466fa86f6.png
  • BurgeonedBurgeoned
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited October 26
    I'm still having issues too.
    My ticket numbers previously were 509725 and 514001.
    First one submitted on September 23, 2017 01:48 while the second one was submitted on October 02, 2017 15:10.
    This is in regards to the friendship ring glitch.
    I also submitted a ticket now for this issue again which is ticket 523126 and submitted at 19:10 (just 15 minutes ago prior to this post) on today (October 26, 2017).
    I've been waiting for ages and I've had plenty of event items I've been earning in Windia that I want to bring over to Bera but they keep expiring because I can't actually get them to Bera to use for my other characters....
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,305
    Posts: 123
    Member
    edited October 26
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We're planning to introduce an option to allow Maplers to move on their own terms without the need of an event or paywall. More information in regards this will be coming in the near future.
    That sounds cool, but there's little gain for being able to transfer whenever you want and opens a whole lot of exploits that could destroy economies. Legit players shouldn't have a need to jump servers pretty much ever and I think it's better to do it case by case than opening the flood gates.
  • PockychenPockychen
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited October 26
    I forgot to transfer my zero character over when it happened it. I don't know how to send submit a ticket for the transfer
  • TeafullyTeafully
    Reactions: 210
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited October 27
    Arwoo wrote: »
    After today's maintenance, Maplers will notice that the NPC "Mover" has made a return.
    However, when talking to the NPC, you will most likely be met with the following message:

    VtuSItg.png

    Please note that the World Leap NPC will only function for those who experienced the Friendship Ring Issue and those who submitted a ticket for the population cap issue between 10/3/2017 to 10/17/2017

    If you experience any further issues with this, please contact our Customer Support for assistance: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us
    I highly stress the importance of submitting tickets for any issues that you experience in-game and hope to see everyone make it to their desired worlds.

    I submitted a ticket on September 22 (#509402) and October 3rd (#514457) about the friendship ring error. I am still stuck. just submitted another ticket. What should i do now? Wait for another month?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 2,665
    Posts: 420
    Member
    edited October 27
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We're planning to introduce an option to allow Maplers to move on their own terms without the need of an event or paywall. More information in regards this will be coming in the near future.
    That sounds cool, but there's little gain for being able to transfer whenever you want and opens a whole lot of exploits that could destroy economies. Legit players shouldn't have a need to jump servers pretty much ever and I think it's better to do it case by case than opening the flood gates.

    *sigh* I'm in the same boat. I raised concerns about the economies as well, but I'll assume my post wasn't seen.

    I'll say this now. This is a change that will absolutely need to be thought out. Player input will also be invaluable with a change like this. I really hope Nexon analyzes the inflation rates across the servers before doing this. At this rate, merging/alliances the worlds is an option that also must be considered, seeing as it does nearly the same thing. In fact, this change is essentially a world merge. Each server will become a channel with it's own subset of channels. This is not a change to be taken lightly. Moving forward without careful planning could result in severe complications.
  • PallyCookiePallyCookie
    Reactions: 310
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited October 27
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We're planning to introduce an option to allow Maplers to move on their own terms without the need of an event or paywall. More information in regards this will be coming in the near future.
    That sounds cool, but there's little gain for being able to transfer whenever you want and opens a whole lot of exploits that could destroy economies. Legit players shouldn't have a need to jump servers pretty much ever and I think it's better to do it case by case than opening the flood gates.

    *sigh* I'm in the same boat. I raised concerns about the economies as well, but I'll assume my post wasn't seen.

    I'll say this now. This is a change that will absolutely need to be thought out. Player input will also be invaluable with a change like this. I really hope Nexon analyzes the inflation rates across the servers before doing this. At this rate, merging/alliances the worlds is an option that also must be considered, seeing as it does nearly the same thing. In fact, this change is essentially a world merge. Each server will become a channel with it's own subset of channels. This is not a change to be taken lightly. Moving forward without careful planning could result in severe complications.

    Stop. Like right now.

    This is better than a world merge because people can play in a dead world and choose not to later or vice versa.
    (assuming what Arwoo is hinting at is a more freely available way to travel between worlds as a feature)
    It gives choice. Economies are garbage because of hackers. Nothing will fix that unless Nexon somehow learns to combat it. Nothing is going to change even if inflation happens because it's an economy with no standard backing (we don't have a maple points to meso npc) and no actual scarcity of items but the most end-game items being sold for cash anyways plus being that supply in demand for meso prices changes on a whim of the speculation of the seller (or how much he wants to undercut) and whether a buyer cares enough to wait or buy now. Meaning it WILL stabilize, and nothing will have been damaging in the long term.
    Stop confusing Nexon on things like this and making it worse for all of us.
  • OscarMarilesOscarMariles
    Reactions: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited October 27
    IGN: Mariles04
    Ticket: #523047

    Still cant world leap