[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Let's Talk... Recent Events with Kanna

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2017
    There's a saying in criminal law, "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than one innocent suffers".

It seems this is a philosophy that Nexon wholly rejects as they didn't even attempt to deny any direct involvement from the development team on this issue, bluntly stating that they have intentionally targeted Kanna's as the "main focus" of ban efforts without much consideration of the adverse effects especially with a controversial class that has taken many hits to the dismay of players.

But despite the majority of hackers being Blaze Wizards, Blasters and Kinesis, they do not hesitate to take it out on Kanna. It DEFINITELY does not look like a concerted effort to limit Kanna's capabilities when it comes to progression especially in the Reboot world. Well I hope Nexon is happy, there attitude of 'banning 1 legit player if it means another 10 hackers get banned' blew up in their face once again.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    There's a saying in criminal law, "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than one innocent suffers".

It seems this is a philosophy that Nexon wholly rejects as they didn't even attempt to deny any direct involvement from the development team on this issue, bluntly stating that they have intentionally targeted Kanna's as the "main focus" of ban efforts without much consideration of the adverse effects especially with a controversial class that has taken many hits to the dismay of players.

But despite the majority of hackers being Blaze Wizards, Blasters and Kinesis, they do not hesitate to take it out on Kanna. It DEFINITELY does not look like a concerted effort to limit Kanna's capabilities when it comes to progression especially in the Reboot world. Well I hope Nexon is happy, there attitude of 'banning 1 legit player if it means another 10 hackers get banned' blew up in their face once again.

In case you hadn't noticed, BW hackers were targeted in Tune Up and have pretty much disappeared (oddly enough, no legit BW's seem to have gotten caught up in that wave - or if they were they were quickly released, as I have seen no outcry).
    So then the hackers moved on to using Kannas, and Nexon decided to target the hacks they were using. In principle, this is a good idea. I don't know why it didn't work out as well as the BW FMA block.
    darik
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

In case you hadn't noticed, BW hackers were targeted in Tune Up and have pretty much disappeared (oddly enough, no legit BW's seem to have gotten caught up in that wave - or if they were they were quickly released, as I have seen no outcry).
    So then the hackers moved on to using Kannas, and Nexon decided to target the hacks they were using. In principle, this is a good idea. I don't know why it didn't work out as well as the BW FMA block.

Kanna's were always 'hacker-esque' but not in the same scale as other classes, they were mostly used because they had kishin and it synergised with pet hack which you could blatantly see from GS 1 botters. But yes I agree, this ban wave should have gone smoothly but didn't.
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Oh... now that you mentioned it... I should log in my kanna account to make sure it's not banned o.o

I haven't logged into that account since forever xD
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Been away for a few months, I guess that makes sense. But my point still stands. Kanna always seem to get the short end of the stick in every situation. Given nexon's secret contempt for this class, I wouldn't be surprised if they had some ulterior motive behind this.
  • ClunkersClunkers
    Reactions: 820
    edited October 2017
    Well it's safe to assume to just stay in Cryo sleep and keep waiting for a complete response on the issue at hand. Wake us Kanna mains up when you get to the bottom of all of this.
    Sherri
  • botclbotcl
    Reactions: 890
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    As a legit kanna that farms in reboot, i won't play until you guys realize what the hell happened with the false bans. I won't lose year/s of playing this because "you are banning hack kannas but legit players too and the legit players bans if they contact the support get a robot response".
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2017
    This is simply fascinating , here is pretty true that phrase: 'A Person Is Smart; People Are Dumb'
    People are panicing way too much over this .
    There has already been stated by a lot of people that if u farm on ur kanna and are legit( aka not using any programmes that can be considered third party programmes, sometimes u can use a programme without knowing its a third party programme, for example vm walmalware workstation maybe can be considered one) u wont get banned, a lot of kanna mains play daily on kanna and havent got banned , JUST CUZ A FEW that u dont trully know if they were legit or not( recording u playing doesnt show if ure using any third party programmes or if they hacked prior to that record and they got caught before and banned later) posted on reddit that they got banned( it is rumored that hackers are actually doing this on purpose to cause panic and anger, and they seem to be suceeding)people is panicing and overreacting and even stopped playing their kannas.
    When the people are at this state of mind they tend to stop thinking logically.
    So its up to each person to either be part of the people (and panic and dont play kanna and rage comment on reddit , downvoting everyone that doesnt agree with this kanna bans being legit ppl, and on maplestory official forums) or to act as a person, think logically and consider that if u are 100% legit and have nothing to worry about you wont get banned when playing a kanna.

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    In all of the years I've played this game, the one thing I was bothered by the most is how bans are dealt out. Although I've never been banned; the idea of being banned because I chose the wrong party to join in a PQ, or don't know the people I party with in real life (so I could possibly know what they're doing on their side of the screen), has forced me to avoid PQ and Forced-Party-Content (anything that requires more than myself) like the plague. I've put too much time and money into this game to risk losing it all in 2 minutes flat because someone in my "party" used a "hack"... ~ No thanks. ~ Forever Alone In MapleStory (the same applies on Mabi, but not quite as bad).

~ (I have a Kanna too, but it's been so long since I used it (when it came out), I forgot how).

Sherri
  • FatalyzFatalyz
    Reactions: 205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Good thing Kanna is so weak that they are unplayable right now.
    Sherri
  • dowiedowie
    Reactions: 700
    edited October 2017
    darik wrote: »
    This is simply fascinating , here is pretty true that phrase: 'A Person Is Smart; People Are Dumb'
    People are panicing way too much over this .
    There has already been stated by a lot of people that if u farm on ur kanna and are legit( aka not using any programmes that can be considered third party programmes, sometimes u can use a programme without knowing its a third party programme, for example vm walmalware workstation maybe can be considered one) u wont get banned, a lot of kanna mains play daily on kanna and havent got banned , JUST CUZ A FEW that u dont trully know if they were legit or not( recording u playing doesnt show if ure using any third party programmes or if they hacked prior to that record and they got caught before and banned later) posted on reddit that they got banned( it is rumored that hackers are actually doing this on purpose to cause panic and anger, and they seem to be suceeding)people is panicing and overreacting and even stopped playing their kannas.
    When the people are at this state of mind they tend to stop thinking logically.
    So its up to each person to either be part of the people (and panic and dont play kanna and rage comment on reddit , downvoting everyone that doesnt agree with this kanna bans being legit ppl, and on maplestory official forums) or to act as a person, think logically and consider that if u are 100% legit and have nothing to worry about you wont get banned when playing a kanna.

Then there are people that just play the game and get banned . Obvious it was hacking right?
  • Holas2Holas2
    Reactions: 860
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Next step: cancel Kanna In GMS for time-saving and safety
    >:)
  • SnowieeSnowiee
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Recently, there have been many discussions of whether or not it's safe to play as Kanna, due to the number of Kanna related ban appeals that have been appearing. On the surface, this sounds like an easy enough question to answer, but in reality, there's a lot going on behinds the scenes.

Let's first get the facts out of the way. The community knows that certain classes are most popular with hackers and we know this as well. It should also be to no surprise that Kannas were the main focus in our recent attempt to combat the issue of hackers in MapleStory. Over 1,000+ illegitimate Kannas were banned as a result of this recent action, but it's also a fact that in the past, our banning procedure has made some errors as stated by our CS & Investigations team here. Due to this, we're just as careful and wary about this whole ordeal alongside the community, and we're doing all we can to make sure there are zero errors.

Going back to the original statement: "On the surface, this sounds like an easy enough question to answer, but in reality, there's a lot going on behinds the scenes." There's a reason why much of the information regarding the banning and appealing procedure must be behind closed curtains. It's the same issue that we're dealing with currently with hackers submitting ban appeals pretending to be legitimate. It should also be to no surprise that illegitimate users take advantage of community platforms. As candid as we'd like to be with the community, the release of sensitive information would ultimately harm the integrity of the game if fallen into the wrong hands.

At this point in time, we will continue to do our best to investigate Kannas who were banned and submitted an appeal. While this may not address the immediate concerns with playing Kanna, we do hope that this provides the community with further understanding.

So you telling me you guys are just going around banning random kannas without confirming if they're actually hacking or not. Sounds unprofessional and careless which is why people are afraid to play kanna. By doing that, you guys are just increasing your workload with non-stop tickets, good job.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2017
    I played my kanna yesterday for a couple of hours and experienced no issues thankfully. I am however still a low lvl/crappy gear newb, so maybe that's why. I'm going to risk it again today.
    darikSherri
  • YasuoMain8YasuoMain8
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2017
    I am a player on reboot, where kanna plays an important role in helping me farm mesos. I have heard that many Kanna users have been perma banned for just using the class. Is it safe for me to farm mesos on my kanna??
  • asiandude25asiandude25
    Reactions: 325
    edited October 2017
    Is it safe to play with Kanna? The risk is up to you. If you are banned, chances are its not gonna be reversed even if you sent a ticket. That is my personal experience, believe it or not is up to you.
  • ShirerraShirerra
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2017
    As I returning player (not anymore due to permaban)...I insist that you don't play Kanna. If whatever idiot system Nexon has put in there auto kicks you...don't expect to get your account back ever. And if you do submit a ticket...you will get a lovely copy and paste response saying that you are absolutely guilty and that you will stay banned.

I was removed from the solo cooking dungeon as I was playing my only lvl 84 Kanna....which I cannot be accused for "farming or hacking" because the cooking dungeon doesn't give drops and you have to be there to choose what ingredient to not summon a pile of trash (the monster for a failed recipe.) However...I may have accidentally spammed the wrong keys (kishin and monkey one) because due to Kanna revamp...all my original hotkeys were removed.

Play at your own risk. You have been warned by a player who failed to read the forums first before playing.
    Sherri
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited October 2017
    Hackers use Kannas to farm mesos. The community understands that but why not be clear/transparent to the community about a simple step? instead of saying oh we ban 1000+ Kannas a day, how many Kannas people's bans gets overturned?

Give us a number, is this too much to compromised the security of the system?

Issue here isn't really that Kannas are getting banned. Its that people are getting falsely banned and given copypastaed while nexon just saying they are right. All you need to do is to prove it to us you are overturning and saying sorry we fucked up here. Give us the live chat logs where GM says oh I've looked at your account we made a mistake, give us the email logs where GM says our Investigations team looked at the allegations and we've made a mistake. Redact names servers if you have to.

EDIT: to clarify for Nexon. To err is human, system/people mess up is normal and its okay we get that, But all the overturning of false positives seems to be community becoming the advocate for the individual. You the company should be the biggest advocate for the legit players not the community.

Uh... seems like you can't read.
    There are no overturned bans, because every ban that was handed out for Kannas is legit. Arwoo's post even mentions how they're carefully reviewing each case prior to making a decision to ban or not because of previous false bans.

Sorry, but those people that are complaining about being innocent are lying (also covered in the OP)
    darik
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Hackers use Kannas to farm mesos. The community understands that but why not be clear/transparent to the community about a simple step? instead of saying oh we ban 1000+ Kannas a day, how many Kannas people's bans gets overturned?

Give us a number, is this too much to compromised the security of the system?

Issue here isn't really that Kannas are getting banned. Its that people are getting falsely banned and given copypastaed while nexon just saying they are right. All you need to do is to prove it to us you are overturning and saying sorry we fucked up here. Give us the live chat logs where GM says oh I've looked at your account we made a mistake, give us the email logs where GM says our Investigations team looked at the allegations and we've made a mistake. Redact names servers if you have to.

EDIT: to clarify for Nexon. To err is human, system/people mess up is normal and its okay we get that, But all the overturning of false positives seems to be community becoming the advocate for the individual. You the company should be the biggest advocate for the legit players not the community.

Uh... seems like you can't read.
    There are no overturned bans, because every ban that was handed out for Kannas is legit. Arwoo's post even mentions how they're carefully reviewing each case prior to making a decision to ban or not because of previous false bans.

Sorry, but those people that are complaining about being innocent are lying (also covered in the OP)

No, there are some legit Kanna's out there. Someone released videos from characters start to character banned. It's proof that there's legit Kanna players lumped into the mix. It's not okay to lump every banned Kanna into botters/hackers. I'm not saying to not be suspicious, but there's no feasible way to know that there aren't legits mixed in with the illegits.
    Nick008
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2017
    I am kinda scared to use my Kanna :T I don't wanna have my nightmares come true and have an annoying ban appeal process.