[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hekaton Reintroduction?

QueQue
Reactions: 1,000
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since the upcoming Arcana map, Morass is coming to GMS, wouldn't it be necessary to bring Hekaton back to Kritias since its been referred to, lore wise, in the Morass storyline, and leaving it out would show a gap in the story.

Also considering that the double invasion in reboot is confirmed as a bug and has been fixed, reported by Daxi, it would be the perfect time to have this suggestion forwarded to leviate the distress occuring within the community. Along with the time changes, its difficult for players to participate in invasions, as a majority of the invasions are within work/school hours. It would be important to note that Hekaton is ongoing in KMS and is "originally" suppose to be in GMS since the RED update, but was removed due to stability issues until further notice. Also, its been years since the RED update and there had been no word of its reintroduction since.
PhantomMasterThiefSlicedTimeNyaraJagerodMageOfBattlesLightningSparkIts2Sharp4U
  1. Should Hekaton be implemented back into Maple?37 votes
    1. Yes
       97% (36 votes)
    2. No
       3% (1 vote)

Comments

• ContrastContrast
    Reactions: 1,615
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Yes
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Absolutely. This should've happened years ago. If stability is an issue, reduce the max amount of people, make it like Ursus. Kritias is incomplete until we get Hekaton, and now we have the reasons of lore itself to add Hekaton.
    Its2Sharp4UPhantomMasterThief
  • shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited October 2017
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1
    Hekaton will make Inverse Codex worth maintaining.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    The best thing about hekaton is that
    • we get a new boss.
    • more coins and an easier way to obtain tyrant gloves.
    • a 100 or 30 people correct me if i'm wrong. all worlds ( don't know if reboot and normal servers would be together ) Full map huge boss.
    • just more cut content from R.E.D that we'll be finally added as it was intended to.
    • prepare to die to either Hekaton or Lag ( maybe both ) :P
  • LightningSparkLightningSpark
    Reactions: 575
    edited October 2017
    Hmmm.. it would be interesting, if they could just iron out the bugs ( i heard heakton was producing massive lag spikes on the servers )

then i see no reason as to why we shouldn't get this, it would encourage people to party up, or at least help each other to defeat hekaton.

unlike ursus ( which doesn't even have any good rewards only cosmetics ) Heketon gives coins for the most desirable item on GMS, aka: Tyrant Gloves ( A superior item )

Fully supported from my side!

• DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I'd be all for the raid being introduced.

In Reboot you'll need (on average) just shy of 10 pairs of Gloves to "finish". Looks like a fun way to make Tyrants more obtainable.
    edited October 2017
    Hmmm.. it would be interesting, if they could just iron out the bugs ( i heard heakton was producing massive lag spikes on the servers )

then i see no reason as to why we shouldn't get this, it would encourage people to party up, or at least help each other to defeat hekaton.

unlike ursus ( which doesn't even have any good rewards only cosmetics ) Heketon gives coins for the most desirable item on GMS, aka: Tyrant Gloves ( A superior item )

Fully supported from my side!

From what I understand, the lag spikes were largely the fault of having 100 players in one area. If they reduced the amount of players per raid, which is completely feasible with the new damage cap and 5th job, I'm willing to bet that the lag will take care of itself.
  • NyaraNyara
    Reactions: 665
    edited October 2017
    Plus recently in KMS Hekaton received a bunch of bug fixes, so the battle is much more playable now!

I totally agree, bring Hekaton, we will love you Nexon!
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2017
    Nexon should, but they won't; they make too much money off Marvel Machine to do so.

And what Nexon could do with the raid: Bring back the ability to disable remote effects. Screw skill transparency, I'd rather be able to hide other players' attacks altogether. Would make Ursus more bearable (no pun intended).
    edited October 2017
    Dang, since the new forums have been created, I've never seen such a landslide poll before with all yeses.
    PhantomMasterThief
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I would like to add this KMS Hekaton trailer to add Hype! ;)

The music just sounds so epic!

giphy.gif
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    We can keep dreaming I guess.
    Catooolooo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Can we get an answer about this, is hekaton Ever planned to come into GMS?!

it would be a cool boss to kill with other players, and this just seems like a fun content :)
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I think that SavageAce talked about it in the Q&A video