[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dual Blade Skill Ideas and changes?

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I noticed that Dual Blade and Cannoneer doesn't have 2nd job skills that turn into 4th job skill like Assassin's Mark to Night Lord's Mark. Cannoneer on the other hand has summons and a summons while Dual Blade does not. I am wondering what skills could Dual Blade get as a Link Skill and as a 2nd/4th job skill. Anyone got ideas?

Some ideas of mine include having chains that attack enemies from below to an Elite Boss's chain and Luminous's Moonlight Spear and a chain that activates and has the splashing properties of Luminous's Reflection. I am not sure whether these skills are better as 2nd/4th job skills or passives effects given by Chains of Hell and Upper Stab (These 2 skills both use chains of some sort.)

This is a really hard class for me to think up ideas because Dual Blades are a mobile class that runs on combos like Thunder Breakers, Blaster (not mobile) and Mercedes. Unlike those 3 mentioned classes, Dual Blade doesn't get any damage boosts from linking his skills together aside from shortening the delay between skills. When the 3 classes reach 4th job, they get skills that can add to their combos or a skill that makes their damage boost from combos bigger. Dual Blade's 4th job skills don't support his combos skill due to it not connecting to previous skills nor does it boost for using combo. When I think I about it, when Dual Blade receives Blade Fury, I feel that Dual Blade is no longer a combo attacker in 4th job and is changed to a Blade Fury spammer. Dual Blade's playstyle is changed because he gets some new stand alone skills while he was reliant on combos a few levels before.

Comments

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2017
    Chains already taken by Cadena skills.

Maybe when launching enemies into the air, DB can use Blade Fury and quickly link it with Flying Assaulter to pummel them back into the ground once he cut them up.

Blade Ascension changed to allow enemies to be launched into the air (replaces Upper Stab's purpose and does it better by launching enemies higher than Upper Stab would (allows more airtime)