[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Android STAR's heart.

SammieySammiey
Reactions: 510
edited February 2017 in Bug Reporting
So me and my 2 friends send a ticket to nexon saying that the STAR's heart that they had equipped on their androids suddenly stopped working after the migration. They first responded that they would look into it and now suddenly we get a (looks like a automatic) answer from nexon saying that the star's heart is only for the stars android. Even though we showed them screenshots of multiple characters with the stars heart equipped, but showing red because it's not working anymore. But like i said before, it used to work. Anyone else has this problem? I got the star's heart and bought a 300m android thinking it would work, since my friend had the same android. So that money went to waste. And my friend spend around 4bil 1-2 years ago on the heart, and now it stopped working so that money went to waste as well. Now it's not a whine game about the money, but the principle that there is clearly a bug and they just refuse to acknowledge it and just keep saying nothing is wrong. If anyone else has this problem, please send a ticket to nexon refering to also me and my friend so they will hopefully do something about it. This is now the 2nd time since i re-started a few weeks ago that nexon's customer support has let me down after i showed proof of their bugs. I don't get why they even have tech support if they won't fix anything.

[img][/img]QDS1y

Comments

• SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    http://imgur.com/a/QDS1y Link of the screenshot of one of the characters with the heart equipped
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    It's not so much a bug as a difference between EMS and GMS. In GMS, that heart never worked for any but the STAR android.
    Unfortunately, when the European servers were updated to use the GMS distribution, all differences between EMS and GMS were resolved the GMS way.

I think Nexon should compensate you by giving you a STAR android.
    Or, at least, they should re-run the "Zombie Survival" event that lets you earn that android. We already had it twice, so it's reasonable to assume it will come back again, but sooner is better.
  • SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    Wauw...but why didn't they say that then? Makes sense if its like that. I will update my ticket with this info and ask them about it, i asked for compensation but i will most likely not get it because i bough the android after the update, thinking it would work because it worked on my friends accounts. We just figured out it stopped working for them when i tried to equip mine and it kept giving errors. But for me its ' only' 300 mil, but i hope my friends will atleast get compensation since they spent alot more..Thanks for the info!
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited February 2017
    Yep that's ashame, been there done that. Goodbye heart and 9att scrolls used on it.
    Anyways i think we got 'compensated' for it when we moved, together with the amount we got for nx couple rings, weddings etc. I'm not 100% sure though.
  • NekudanNekudan
    Reactions: 910
    edited February 2017
    As mentioned above all hearts worked with androids back in EMS.
    Im pretty sure i personally ticketed EMS back when it happened, they said it's being discussed and absolutely nothing came of it.
    So alot of players lost out on quite some range...
    I know i used some pretty decent scrolls on the heart and I still have it - Cant use it though.
    I had been using the ChildHood Heart that works with the Darkhound Android.

...Worst bit is though... I remember seeing a post being brought to attention that it was infact reported that the hearts work with any droid atleast a year before this happened.
    EMS nexon basicallly ignored us with this one.
    ManiOh
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017
    in EMS it was a Legacy bug that got resolved when the merge happened/ when the first GMS patch hit EMS, it was mentioned in the EMS bug log on their forums (before the merge and deletion of the EMS site)
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited February 2017
    Sammiey wrote: »
    Wauw...but why didn't they say that then? Makes sense if its like that. I will update my ticket with this info and ask them about it, i asked for compensation but i will most likely not get it because i bough the android after the update, thinking it would work because it worked on my friends accounts. We just figured out it stopped working for them when i tried to equip mine and it kept giving errors. But for me its ' only' 300 mil, but i hope my friends will atleast get compensation since they spent alot more..Thanks for the info!

It doesn't seem like that particular detail was passed on, however what Akradian is saying is true.

*Crosses finger for you*

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    in EMS it was a Legacy bug that got resolved when the merge happened/ when the first GMS patch hit EMS, it was mentioned in the EMS bug log on their forums (before the merge and deletion of the EMS site)

It was mentioned for like a day until I was informed it wasn't a bug then it was removed immediately.

Nekudan wrote: »
    As mentioned above all hearts worked with androids back in EMS.
    Im pretty sure i personally ticketed EMS back when it happened, they said it's being discussed and absolutely nothing came of it.
    So alot of players lost out on quite some range...
    I know i used some pretty decent scrolls on the heart and I still have it - Cant use it though.
    I had been using the ChildHood Heart that works with the Darkhound Android.

...Worst bit is though... I remember seeing a post being brought to attention that it was infact reported that the hearts work with any droid atleast a year before this happened.
    EMS nexon basicallly ignored us with this one.

Wasn't under discussion for compensation ever, and no EMS didn't ignore it.
    It was just a change in the system to how it should have been.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited February 2017
    Okhura wrote: »

It was mentioned for like a day until I was informed it wasn't a bug then it was removed immediately.

actually it was up there and mentioned as a non-bug

the GMS patch happened to EMS in like August or September and the bugs fixes notice was stickied in that bug fixes sub forum that EMS had, under the ver.108 (I think that was the GMS patch for EMS) bug fixes, so it had been up there for like 2 months before the merge but it was listed with a bunch of other bug fixes. iirc the EMS forums were pretty much dead/ low activity at the time too, so I recon not many people looked around to see it posted there.

the best solution EMS should have had for this was putting the androids in the Unity shop but now you gotta wait to see if it will return in the Halloween events.
  • GlennieGlennie
    Reactions: 100
    edited February 2017
    I;ve been sending posts about this issue not to long ago, at first they were open for it since i still had the android with the heart equipped. My android is just still red coloured cuz it wont work together anymore since the merge. They asked me for another example and as they asked I checked my ther character and gave them another example. (Print screend everything). They told me they would look into it and after a week waiting they suddenly placed my ticket on "resolved". So ofc I reopened it and asked them why they did that and if they had any news. you know what the response was? "it appears that only STAR android can equip STAR's Heart.. blabla" like the normal response without checking into it in detail. It's awfully frustrating! Ofc i responded to that and told them that they should do something about it and again get to hear the exact same thing... after that I told them that the way they react to it that they know they are wrong and just won't admit it or try to compensate/ hold a new star android event. They just keep on clicking "resolve" while it is not.. Ask me fro screenies if your interested.. I got it all screend..
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited February 2017
    Glennie wrote: »
    I;ve been sending posts about this issue not to long ago, at first they were open for it since i still had the android with the heart equipped. My android is just still red coloured cuz it wont work together anymore since the merge. They asked me for another example and as they asked I checked my ther character and gave them another example. (Print screend everything). They told me they would look into it and after a week waiting they suddenly placed my ticket on "resolved". So ofc I reopened it and asked them why they did that and if they had any news. you know what the response was? "it appears that only STAR android can equip STAR's Heart.. blabla" like the normal response without checking into it in detail. It's awfully frustrating! Ofc i responded to that and told them that they should do something about it and again get to hear the exact same thing... after that I told them that the way they react to it that they know they are wrong and just won't admit it or try to compensate/ hold a new star android event. They just keep on clicking "resolve" while it is not.. Ask me fro screenies if your interested.. I got it all screend..
    well from their side it is resolved because the item in question is working as intended, you EMS players just got use to it (and due to Nexon's lack of communication) being broken and when the issue was corrected with the GMS patch, thought it was broken.

the GMs that answer tickets don't do anything on the programing side nor do they schedule events, they just pass that on to whoever can fix that.

Unfortunatly you EMS players that threw out your Darkhoundroid or Stars android will have to wait until the halloween event returns, whenever that happens.
  • SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo, Easy to say when you haven't been affected by it and haven't lost anything. 'we just have to wait for another event..' so we just have to wait for months (if they will even relaunch the event) because they broke a item and didnt compensate us for it. Doesn't really makes sense, does it?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited February 2017
    Catooolooo, Easy to say when you haven't been affected by it and haven't lost anything. 'we just have to wait for another event..' so we just have to wait for months (if they will even relaunch the event) because they broke a item and didnt compensate us for it. Doesn't really makes sense, does it?
    I've been Nexowned before by diffrent bugs, there's just nothing you can do about it and nothing will happen now that you are merged with GMS until that event rotates back. The issue should have been corrected under the EMS team as they caused the Idea that it was meant to work that way, but they let it persist without informing anyone. As I had said before, the Unity heart shop should have given you the androids but the organizers of that compensation shop just didnt know or care about the issue.

yelling at the ticket guys wont do anything cause the item is working as intended and they wont compensate for something you willingly threw away, especially as the issue you EMS players experienced, occurred before the merge.
  • SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    The issue didn't occure before we merged, like i said it used to work before the merge. We didn't willingly threw away anything, so i dont know where you got that from...

I just hope they will relaunch the event soon then.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited February 2017
    The issue didn't occure before we merged, like i said it used to work before the merge. We didn't willingly threw away anything, so i dont know where you got that from...

the issue did occur before the merge, it happened with the introduction to the GMS patch, Ver. 118 (my bad on having the wrong patch update number), the patch after EMS got kinesis, the patch that introduced gollux and other content EMS didnt have, the patch that happened months prior to the merge.

Players complained about it on the EMS forums, there was also a Notice in the Bugs and bug fixes section of the EMS forums that stated "[Item] Android and Hearts was fixed so they support the Androids supposed"

Maybe you were not around July when that patch came to EMS and only returned after the merge but in the Ver. 118 patch these changes and fixes occurred, months prior to the eventual merge.

and I say "willingly threw away" the androids because those hearts came with specfic androids that were suppose to work for them only, which means you either threw away the android it came with or bought it (which happened in GMS too until people realized they didnt work without the right android)

I also Have proof that it was not intended to work the way they got used in EMS with this screen shot
    NEDPdk1.jpg

from this thread on the EMS forums that shows and highlights the "Only usable with Darkhoundroid" label

there is also this post from one of NXEu's forum Mods stating "Originally the hearts were only supposed to work with the matching androids but in our version it could work with multiple androids.
    It has been changed to the way it should work, certain hearts can only be equipped on certain androids.

All you can really ask is that there is some way to get the androids that correspond to your heart..."
    and then following that statement in the same thread they say that it was an unintended bug that got corrected in the patch.

I hope for you EMS players sakes they return the event but unfortunately EMS didn't do anything to help you with that problem before the merge and the GMS team isn't going to hold themselves accountable for something that happened outside of their service.
  • SammieySammiey
    edited February 2017
    When we played before the merge, it still worked. We didn't play around july so we missed that. The android heart your showing is a different one though, on the stars heart is doesn't say that it is only for one specific android...but i see the point. Still dumb that they wont do anything to help us/compensate...also stupid that EMS and GMS both had a different system for it, if they didn't have that then this problem would have never occured...Oh well i guess we'll see what they will do. We spend all this money on it so i'm hoping they will atleast do something to compensate.

I played one of their other games (Mabinogi) and their customer support was so much better...when mabinogi EU shut down and we all got moved to Mabinogi NA i also had some issues and Mabinogi NA customer support was so great in helping me, anoying that maplestory is so different. With alot of things, after i returned a few weeks ago i have ran into so many problems and all i keep getting is automatic messages or they just close tickets saying they can't find any issues (can't purchase discounted character slot expansion coupon, explorer face coupon from the event didn't work....etc.)
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

the issue did occur before the merge, it happened with the introduction to the GMS patch, Ver. 118 (my bad on having the wrong patch update number), the patch after EMS got kinesis, the patch that introduced gollux and other content EMS didnt have, the patch that happened months prior to the merge.

Players complained about it on the EMS forums, there was also a Notice in the Bugs and bug fixes section of the EMS forums that stated "[Item] Android and Hearts was fixed so they support the Androids supposed"

Maybe you were not around July when that patch came to EMS and only returned after the merge but in the Ver. 118 patch these changes and fixes occurred, months prior to the eventual merge.

and I say "willingly threw away" the androids because those hearts came with specfic androids that were suppose to work for them only, which means you either threw away the android it came with or bought it (which happened in GMS too until people realized they didnt work without the right android)

I also Have proof that it was not intended to work the way they got used in EMS with this screen shot
    NEDPdk1.jpg

from this thread on the EMS forums that shows and highlights the "Only usable with Darkhoundroid" label

there is also this post from one of NXEu's forum Mods stating "Originally the hearts were only supposed to work with the matching androids but in our version it could work with multiple androids.
    It has been changed to the way it should work, certain hearts can only be equipped on certain androids.

All you can really ask is that there is some way to get the androids that correspond to your heart..."
    and then following that statement in the same thread they say that it was an unintended bug that got corrected in the patch.

I hope for you EMS players sakes they return the event but unfortunately EMS didn't do anything to help you with that problem before the merge and the GMS team isn't going to hold themselves accountable for something that happened outside of their service.

thats not true it wasnt there when we got the heart and droid hence we was able to use with other droids,
    after that within a week they changed and add that note under the heart and wrote as they fixed (many got hurt with this)
    (but we could still use with all other 9rank+ droids but we saw that new msg under the heart and droid)
    as you can see from my post back then i was asking if its safe and good if we use with the droid and there was 0 respond on that case
    and from there all the MESS come its just poor comunication that lead to mess
    GMS merge come to our door and we was forced to take as they had in GMS

they could solve like
    A:give evryone matching droid with that heart (all who lost the droid)
    B:disable the late add note and let work as it was working with all other rank droids 9+ droid

but why simple and nice
    so they decide to hit on all and make all to remake their androids and claim as bug after months out of nowhere ;(