[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to tell if someone is a bot!

PiePieGirlPiePieGirl
Reactions: 1,010
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Hi! I'm here to help anyone confused with what these 'bots' are in MapleStory, and, how to know if you've found one!
  • Random letters and numbers for a name (shouldn't be the only reason someone is reported)
  • Usually a certain class depending on the area (Thank you RogueBlood!) (Shouldn't be only reason someone is reported)
  • Uses obvious hacks like teleporting without using a skill
  • Usually don't wear anything other than starter clothes (shouldn't be the only reason someone is reported)
  • Usually spam talking about meso for money websites (even if they are not a bot, they should still be reported)
  • On all channels in a room
  • Don't respond to messages (shouldn't be the only reason someone is reported)
  • Only have job advancement medals (thanks to MewBlueberry, also shouldn't be only reason one is reported)
  • Players who use bot hacks sometimes talk about this on websites, which can help us track where they're hacking. (Thank you MatthewHKnight!)
  • In some cases, you cannot use /find on the bot (Thank you Petalmagic!)

I hope this helps! Also, if you have anything I should add to the list, let me know!
  1. Did this help?8 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (4 votes)
    2. Sorta
       25% (2 votes)
    3. No
       13% (1 vote)
    4. Needs more to the list
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Not completely sure, but maybe add Blasters to the class list? Pretty sure Arcane River had a few maps if Blaster bots awhile back.
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    • Only have the job advancement medals

Alone it doesn't necessarily mean someone is a botter, but it's still a red flag cuz anyone playing through the game normally is bound to get a few other medals here and there.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    Also botter have this thing that teles their pet to every location where there are mesos
    Or attracts every single monster on the map to wjere he is located and kills them all instantly.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    Wanna know how to find botters? hang out on the sites they're dumb enough to brag about where they bot at.

Funny how people sell spots they bot at because they think them spots are not "Hot Spots" That's how easy it is to know where to look at the non hot spots, plus if you wanna catch a botter wait for an elite boss message and then hyper rock to that location....
    Also you can see where the elite boss is if look at the Mini Map if you view it it will show where the Elite Boss is if you miss the message, hunting elite bosses are the best way to catch botters.

They assume because here they "bot" isn't a "Hot Spot" however they're wrong, being in the right town at the right time will expose the maps botters could be in.
    It's not hard to camp a town it's a lot more fun then sitting in Henesys looking "cool"

20 Channels best thing to do is not worry about channel 1 even though the channel is random they spawn on or they have to go to a different channel if they've bots on the same maps.

I've caught up to 3 bots in one map.
    Since they use "Proxies" with the program they use to bot with it makes finding their main accounts not as easy to catch unless the idiot logs on that account with the same IP they use for the main account.

These kids that bot should be extremely lucky I don't work for Nexon I'd hit these botters hard.
    Also they have a addon for their high level bots say 220+ what it does is when a GM logins into the World the program has the botter stay offline and it keeps checking to see when the GM logins out and when he/she does the program logs the botter back online.

I'm not sure if someone who is working at Nexon who is leaking information to developers who make the program that these botters are using or if someone got a temp job to find out information how stuff works for the game and then left...

Because I can't figure out how they could detect a GM logging into the world unless their is something inside the wz files that has that information some how that identifies a GM other a normal player.
    Worse thing that could happen is Nexon hiring a corrupt GM who leaks Intel of whats going on in the game...

Biggest mistake a company can do is hire a bad Hacker who ends up finding out information and remaining not known he is or ends up putting something on a machine that allows him to access these things if he was to lose his job at Nexon.

Well they know programming so they make their own programmes , idk how they do it cuz idk bout programming but there is a way for sure to know it if they designed it.
  • PiePieGirlPiePieGirl
    edited November 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Not completely sure, but maybe add Blasters to the class list? Pretty sure Arcane River had a few maps if Blaster bots awhile back.

Ok!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    In my experience, you cannot use /find on a bot (if they are a smart botter, once in a while you will find one who doesn't have themselves in offline mode)
  • iGoddessiGoddess
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2017
    Mu Long is packed with bots as well as the fantasy world its getting crazy I cant even do regular quests I don't want to get banned being on the same map as them and they are everywhere :(
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    if you ask if this helps yes it dose.
    helps alot to hackers to hide better and work on name/medals/gear and rest you said ;(

altho its very clear for us nexon still dont belive and they need chek themself (wich dosnt happends) f4
    even when legit gets false ban takes few weeks to go thro auto tickets and ignoreing to chek data

it will help alot if make map location and time when they are often around
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited November 2017
    PiePieGirl wrote: »
    [*] Usually a Kanna, Blaze Wizard or a Blaster (thanks YinYangX) (this shouldn't be the only reason someone is reported)

[*] Players who use bot hacks sometimes talk about this on websites, which can help us track where they're hacking. (Thank you MatthewHKnight!)

I'm gonna be fussy about these two points...
    If you include the spamming bots in Henesys, FM, Ardy and so on, then you ought to include Kaiser, Angelic Buster and Jett into the mix of botting classes.
  • PiePieGirlPiePieGirl
    edited November 2017
    ManiOh wrote: »
    if you ask if this helps yes it dose.
    helps alot to hackers to hide better and work on name/medals/gear and rest you said ;(

altho its very clear for us nexon still dont belive and they need chek themself (wich dosnt happends) f4
    even when legit gets false ban takes few weeks to go thro auto tickets and ignoreing to chek data

it will help alot if make map location and time when they are often around

This is a good point, but I am hoping this'll help people find bots and have them banned, and maybe even convince the MS staff to put an end to this old issue once and for all.