[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crimsonwood Keep PQ

JulyJuly
Reactions: 2,720
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Hey,

Someone knows if there is any update from Nexon regarding Crimsonwood Keep PQ ?

As far as i know last update was at Mar 07, 2016. And they said "we plan to temporarily close down the Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest and reopen it later this year." link:
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/7663/crimsonwood-keep-pq-closure

2016 ended and cwkpq still closed, and now 2017 about to end and still no information..

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Only Nexon knows of course
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2017
    Only Nexon knows of course

could be nice to get any update -.-
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017
    I predict they will bring it back in 2019 with no changes , bug fixes or improvements.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I predict they will bring it back in 2019 with no changes , bug fixes or improvements.

I mean, hopefully that wouldn't be the case. Just looking at how long Omega Sector was gone for, but at least it was revamped.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited November 2017
    They'll bring it back along with a good Masteria update on the same day they give us back the old drop rate formula.
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2017

I mean, hopefully that wouldn't be the case. Just looking at how long Omega Sector was gone for, but at least it was revamped.

GMS followed KMS with omega sector, this why we got it.. sadly KMS doesn't have Masteria and Crimsonwood Keep pq, so its all up to Nexon NA..
    edited November 2017
    July wrote: »

GMS followed KMS with omega sector, this why we got it.. sadly KMS doesn't have Masteria and Crimsonwood Keep pq, so its all up to Nexon NA..

Lawl, CWKPQ is screwed. I'm sorry, I just don't have a lot of faith in Nexon in regards to situations like these.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017

Lawl, CWKPQ is screwed. I'm sorry, I just don't have a lot of faith in Nexon in regards to situations like these.

Sadly, that may very well be the case.
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2017

Sadly, that may very well be the case.

R.I.P Crimsonwood Keep PQ 07.03.2016

=[

RIP Ssiws Cheese and Gelt Chocolate =[
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017

Returning Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest is a collaborative effort with our developer team. It's not as black and white in the sense that it all comes down to one side making the decision.

Ultimately, we are communicating with our developers on what would require change to bring the content back.
    CWKPQ being re-released without any changes would make it:

1. Ridiculously easy
    2. Unrewarding
    3. Unplayable

Ridiculously easy unless all obstacles were changed to accommodate for the fact almost every class has a flash jump of some sorts and Blink may potentially be a thing. Additionally, all enemies would have to have their stats reworked to match the power creep from when the content was first released.

Unrewarding because the Mark of Narician was a big reason as to why Maplers ran it in the past. Any new pendant equipment would immediately be compared to Gollux so the key reward would have to be reworked or perhaps removed (I'm not sure if Maplers would be happy to see a new BiS pendant and the introduction of more power creep)

Unplayable ties directly to the content being unrewarding if the content were released without any sort of extensive rework by our developers. If the rewards aren't good and because the content itself requires the cooperation of 2 members of each job then there won't be any groups running it.

scholar624WizardBeauMageOfBattlesYinYangX
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited November 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    They'll bring it back along with a good Masteria update on the same day they give us back the old drop rate formula.

what was the old drop rate formula??? thats news to me. :P
    Lilyflower
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

Returning Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest is a collaborative effort with our developer team. It's not as black and white in the sense that it all comes down to one side making the decision.

Ultimately, we are communicating with our developers on what would require change to bring the content back.

1. Ridiculously easy
    2. Unrewarding
    3. Unplayable

Ridiculously easy unless all obstacles were changed to accommodate for the fact almost every class has a flash jump of some sorts and Blink may potentially be a thing. Additionally, all enemies would have to have their stats reworked to match the power creep from when the content was first released.

Unrewarding because the Mark of Narician was a big reason as to why Maplers ran it in the past. Any new pendant equipment would immediately be compared to Gollux so the key reward would have to be reworked or perhaps removed (I'm not sure if Maplers would be happy to see a new BiS pendant and the introduction of more power creep)

Unplayable ties directly to the content being unrewarding if the content were released without any sort of extensive rework by our developers. If the rewards aren't good and because the content itself requires the cooperation of 2 members of each job then there won't be any groups running it.

I do agree that re-released without any change is pointless, but this PQ still have stuff players wants (potions, Ssiws Cheese and Gelt Chocolate) but its not enough to bring it back the way it was, i agree.

But getting any update in community news regarding this could be nice, last time you guys officially talked about this said that it will back at the end of 2016 in a new form..

You have information about the progress which you can share with us? this will shed some light and give us hope for a brand old/new party quest.. and what you wrote makes me think that cwkpq ditched aside and its still at 0% progress (almost two years later) =/
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017

1. Ridiculously easy
    2. Unrewarding
    3. Unplayable

I agree but they literally did this with the Guild PQ, when it was returned players were expecting it to be at least complete-able without a noob character for the sacrifice, and yet they returned it with no changes to make it better.

that and the fact that we were told CWKPQ would be released by the end of 2016 yet still over a year later after they removed it, there has been no update until now sortof and it still has yet to be released.

Considering we were told that it would be returend and revamped by the end of the year it was removed, yet over a year later has still yet to be brought back, with no update, leaves people feeling like it's forgotten content and will just never return.

If this thread wasn't made and had gotten the attraction of you, we would still know nothing about this revamp that should have happened already a year ago.

now that we know that at least one of the problems is "making it rewarding" i think it would be a good idea to ask the players for ideas on how to make it more rewarding, and it doesn't need to have a power creep medal, it could have a chair, rewards points, nebulite boxes, a perm heart of some kind... honestly making it rewarding isn't that hard if you lend an ear to the players if the devs don't understand that powerful items are not the only rewarding things that players will accept. Infact there's a topic on this subject of making PQ's rewarding for players and powercreep is the least of it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    - snip -

Thank you for responding to this thread.

Everything you wrote makes perfect sense, except for one problem: it was all equally true in March 2016.

When we were told that the PQ would be brought back "later this year" I understood that to mean that the issues with it had been mapped out and a redesign was in late stages of planning or possibly even done. They just ran out of time to implement it - or finish testing it, even - before the patch had to be released.

Now you're telling us that nothing has been done with it, either before March 2016 or in the year and a half since?
    CatoooloooMageOfBattlesSlicedTimePirateIzzy
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited November 2017
    I still don't get why stuff has to be taken down for years to be revamped. Why can't things stay in the game until the revamp is ready?
    MageOfBattlesSlicedTime
    edited November 2017
    I still don't get why stuff has to be taken down for years to be revamped. Why can't things stay in the game until the revamp is ready?

Exactly. How many years has Florina beach and Tera forest been closed? Just open them back up until you're ready with the revamp.
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited November 2017
    i dont care... i just want the white seal chair f3 or make it tradeable within the account =)