[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Losing that spark

ArlongArlong
Reactions: 4,645
edited November 2017 in General Chat
I know this sort of thread gets made often but I really need to let it out. I've lost that spark, that motivation, passion, whatever you want to call it, to playing this game. This isn't a quitting, this game sucks, I hate nexon sort of thread. I still love this game and I'm not planning on quitting. But I just can't find any motivation to login anymore. I haven't actually seriously played in maybe 7 months. I think part of it is that the lag still hasn't been fixed after over a year but I think goes beyond that. Maybe it's the love of my life leaving me (yes, I'm still not over it), maybe it's the content that's gotten stale, time zone change, or whatever. It's not just this game either, the same thing is happening with pokemon (still haven't caught all the ultra beasts and haven't touched the game in months). I want that spark back. So if anyone has had a similar thing where they lost their spark, how'd you get it back? Or maybe this is me just growing up...
darikLilyflower

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Arlong wrote: »
    I know this sort of thread gets made often but I really need to let it out. I've lost that spark, that motivation, passion, whatever you want to call it, to playing this game. This isn't a quitting, this game sucks, I hate nexon sort of thread. I still love this game and I'm not planning on quitting. But I just can't find any motivation to login anymore. I haven't actually seriously played in maybe 7 months. I think part of it is that the lag still hasn't been fixed after over a year but I think goes beyond that. Maybe it's the love of my life leaving me (yes, I'm still not over it), maybe it's the content that's gotten stale, time zone change, or whatever. It's not just this game either, the same thing is happening with pokemon (still haven't caught all the ultra beasts and haven't touched the game in months). I want that spark back. So if anyone has had a similar thing where they lost their spark, how'd you get it back? Or maybe this is me just growing up...

I know how you feel , happened to me some years ago.
    I simply lost any motivation to play the game.

Than after 1 year i felt hyped again to play.

I think its normal, sometimes you need to take a break from something.

I got the spark again by remembering maple again after that year.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Maybe it's yourself telling you to take a break with Maple and try something else. I'm not too sure myself but I know that pretty much everyone has gone through that weird phase. :c
    2ManyAlts
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    I've felt the same with Maple often. I'm constantly taking 1~3 month long breaks from Maple. Personally it's because I've hit a wall with funding my character, that, and the constant grind to get to 230 for moras. Leveling up post 200+ is leagues better than it used to be, but it's still really slow and time consuming. A really big thing is when you don't have anyone to play with.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I feel you, I also lose it, especially when Nexon won't fix the Player Ranking (so they're not a security breach) when you write down an ign of a certain person, it'd show you all of his other characters, and Nexon just won't fix it T_T
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    >:)

To get the Spark back ya need to set in-game goals for yourself. That is how I stay motivated to play. I do get bogged down by seeing hackers and lag everywhere but as long as I stay driven to achieving my in-game goals, I am brought back up.

There is a "Goals and Achievement" thread worth looking into on people who have goals to reach in Maple before they call it. It really does help if you are feeling the need for something to look forward to.

Also you can take breaks and find fun outside of Maple Story, when your spirits are up you can go to the website and keep up with the happenings of Maple or decide it isn't quite time yet to return and go about your day.

Make friends outside of Maple and add them to your favorite social media then tell them about the game and party with them to show them the ropes, this would be good for your motivation as well. Helping out your friends.

Try not to let the negative consume you, fight the Black-Mages influence of dread and despair and surround yourself with the Aura of Positivity. (=

>:)
    pandabunnies
  • ArlongArlong
    edited November 2017
    Oh I just realized it might also have to do with everyone leaving to bera. I briefly tried coming back for the murgoth thing but I could never find a match. But I don't really mind an empty server since I played and enjoyed it in yellonde before server merges. I can't say for certain whether I would have even played if I did get murgoth matches. I've just stopped caring. Maybe it's personal issues. Again it's not just maple but I just can't find enjoyment in anything anymore.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2017
    lost your spark? Well you could ask this one to help you regain it -lightning strike-
    8I4BffS.png
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Oh I just realized it might also have to do with everyone leaving to bera. I briefly tried coming back for the murgoth thing but I could never find a match. But I don't really mind an empty server since I played and enjoyed it in yellonde before server merges. I can't say for certain whether I would have even played if I did get murgoth matches. I've just stopped caring. Maybe it's personal issues. Again it's not just maple but I just can't find enjoyment in anything anymore.

Wait, do you mean you don't enjoy anything anymore at all? That sounds serious. Try talking to people close to you about it, you shouldn't deal with that alone. Hang in there, that feeling won't last forever.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2017

That does sound bad. think you should talk to people like Pandabunnies said. I'm only hoping my other post brings a little smile to your face.
  • ArlongArlong
    edited November 2017
    I don't have anyone close anymore. My lover left me and I'm about to lose my family. Anyway maybe if the lag gets fixed I might get that spark back. It's seriously hindering normal play when you can't even kill a group of mobs without the game freezing. I haven't turned on mark of night lord in over a year.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    I don't have anyone close anymore. My lover left me and I'm about to lose my family. Anyway maybe if the lag gets fixed I might get that spark back. It's seriously hindering normal play when you can't even kill a group of mobs without the game freezing. I haven't turned on mark of night lord in over a year.

That sounds like serious stuff. Counseling would not be a bad idea. It may also help to see if there's any events or stuff you might be interested in in your area. Getting out and meeting new people could help a lot. Just keep trucking, you'll make it.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2017
    try to meet people so that u won't get alone anymore.