[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cat Of All Trades & MaplehoodWatch

FlowerdewFlowerdew
Reactions: 1,190
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Thank you for Maplehood Watch - awesome rewards. Only thing, the days given were misleading for some regions, and I missed the first set of events.

As for the Cat Of All Trades event:

Please consider prolonging this event, or bring it back very soon, and for a longer time. Why?

Because I among others, and I think many more, have multiple characters. When I say multiple, I mean practically one of each job. How can we possibly within 16 days fulfill the whole Cat Of All Trades quest, unless we stay ingame for 24/7? Which you advise us not to do :)

And sacrificing some characters is frustrating and does not justice to this event.

Thank you Nexon

Comments

• ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Flowerdew wrote: »
    Thank you for Maplehood Watch - awesome rewards. Only thing, the days given were misleading for some regions, and I missed the first set of events.

Please consider prolonging this event, or bring it back very soon, and for a longer time. Why?

Because I among others, and I think many more, have multiple characters. When I say multiple, I mean practically one of each job. How can we possibly within 16 days fulfill the whole Cat Of All Trades quest, unless we stay ingame for 24/7? Which you advise us not to do :)

And sacrificing some characters is frustrating and does not justice to this event.

Thank you Nexon

"Which you advise us not to do" this was years ago and not anymore also spend more ~
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    I wish Maplehood cash equips would get some new stuff though, and I do love the cat of all trades event.
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited November 2017
    ManiOh wrote: »

"Which you advise us not to do" this was years ago and not anymore also spend more ~

We are regularly being advised ingame (and outside too) about our health in relationship with the time spent gaming. And God knows, sometimes out of fun, sometimes because of events which I do not want to miss, and yet where I have to sacrifice many of my characters: I sure must exceed ingame what is meant as the reasonable amount of time. Sometimes it's just no more fun, anyway. Besides, I have also other things to do during the day. As soon as it is possible for me, I dedicate each day a lot, as much as I can of hours to Maple.

In general: for people with lots of active characters, while years ago there were less jobs available on Maple, there were also manageable events. Now the events have become too many at the same time, and I am regularly frustrated to not be able to have all my active characters participating. There could be an option for multiple character, with maybe a longer quest, but which will then affect each character of the account.

So please, Nexon: bring back the Cat of All Trades event, or prolong it, or give the option for account reward or single character reward, and accordingly longer or shorter quest - or whatever, but give a fair chance to those of us with most of the available jobs = easily 30+ characters, to be able to fulfill the events. Thank you!

• ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    ManiOh wrote: »

We are regularly being advised ingame (and outside too) about our health in relationship with the time spent gaming. And God knows, sometimes out of fun, sometimes because of events which I do not want to miss, and yet where I have to sacrifice many of my characters: I sure must exceed ingame what is meant as the reasonable amount of time. Sometimes it's just no more fun, anyway. Besides, I have also other things to do during the day. As soon as it is possible for me, I dedicate each day a lot, as much as I can of hours to Maple.

In general: for people with lots of active characters, while years ago there were less jobs available on Maple, there were also manageable events. Now the events have become too many at the same time, and I am regularly frustrated to not be able to have all my active characters participating. There could be an option for multiple character, with maybe a longer quest, but which will then affect each character of the account.

So please, Nexon: bring back the Cat of All Trades event, or prolong it, or give the option for account reward or single character reward, and accordingly longer or shorter quest - or whatever, but give a fair chance to those of us with most of the available jobs = easily 30+ characters, to be able to fulfill the events. Thank you!

i know what you try say but thats not the case anymore (daily's becomes full day work)
    its quite opposite and i know goes far from being fun but we have to deal with it,skip or just buy the shortcuts
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited November 2017
    Another option would be to allow us to do the full quest at leisure = if we wish so, within the same day, rather than having to wait each day for the new step.

Nexon: thank you for finding a way to allow those of us with multiple characters for each of them to fully profit from events!
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

Thank you Nexon

I mean Maplestory's been on UTC for awhile so I'd assume most people are able convert UTC/ +PST to their own time by now. Don't really think it should be that misleading (~+/-20) that you missed event days unless you're not converting your time right.

No ones telling you to do the event on all your alts. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this, but pretty sure events are for the experience, not the grind to get stuff on all characters.

Jw, where are you getting 16 days? Pretty sure event goes from Nov.8-Nov.28.

And please explain how not doing it on alts does not do justice to the event? You can still go through all missions and get all cat various on one character and I'm pretty sure that's suppose be the point of the event on unless I missed some hidden agenda.
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited November 2017
    see below, thanks
  • FlowerdewFlowerdew
    edited November 2017
    Hi YinYangX,

would you be so kind as to allow people to have their own feelings? :) Not everyone is feeling like you.

What if I equally care about each character / job? And what if I wish to have all my active characters to be given the chance to do the full cat of all trades event, as well as all other events? In which case, this event and many others does not allow us to do so, and I repeat:

sacrificing some characters is frustrating - to me at least - and does not do justice to this event, nor to many others!

As for the information about the days: it was written Wednesday instead of Tuesday for CEST, which was one day of error, and so I simply missed a few of the days until I realized that it's Tuesday also for CEST.

Again, Nexon, thank you, in your events in general, for taking into consideration those with multiple characters, and in the present case for the cat of all trades event to either prolong it, or bring it back soon, so we may continue to build up with those characters we had no choice but to sacrifice.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    If events are planned to allow everybody to do them on 40 characters, then those who only do them on a few (which are the vast majority) would be done "too quickly" and might even have time in their day to play other games.
    "Doing justice to an event" doesn't mean making it so trivially easy that one could do it on 40 chars while also doing all other events, dailies, and training them all.
    Specifically, "doing justice" to the Cat of All Trades means training each char for at least the 30 minutes of 2x drop/exp you get from the event every day. Would you rather they remove this reward from the event, because there is no way one can train each of 40 chars for half an hour every day for 20 days straight?
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Hi YinYangX,

would you be so kind as to allow people to have their own feelings? :) Not everyone is feeling like you.

I mean I never said you can't feel what you feel, that's just being human, but I'm just pointing out how illogical/unfair you are being to Nexon.
    You said that the posted time/day for events was misleading, but how so? They posted a certain time + day and which time zone they were referring to and the event started and ended like it was posted. Just because you didn't convert to your own time doesn't mean Nexon made a mistake.
    What if I equally care about each character / job? And what if I wish to have all my active characters to be given the chance to do the full cat of all trades event, as well as all other events? In which case, this event and many others does not allow us to do so, and I repeat:

sacrificing some characters is frustrating - to me at least - and does not do justice to this event, nor to many others!

Nothing wrong with caring about 40 different characters, but that just means that you have to put in that much more time yourself, not the rest of the game/everyone else's/Nexon's job to have to accommodate you.
    Okay, let's say you do have 40 "active" characters, that means you barely give yourself 30min for each character a day (yes, I'm rounding down cause you need to switch characters, etc) and that's if you use all 24hrs a day with no sleep, eating (unless you eat and play), or other irl activities. Barely giving 30mins an "active" character you're playing, now that's not doing your character justice.
    Not doing an event on a character isn't "not doing justice to the event", it's not doing justice to your character. Not doing the event at all is not doing justice to the event. What you're claiming is anyone with more than one character is probably not doing justice to the event, so basically over 60% of the Maplestory community is "not doing justice to the event" and then what's the point of Nexon making any event if the majority of the player base isn't "doing justice to the event" by their choice?
    As for the information about the days: it was written Wednesday instead of Tuesday for CEST, which was one day of error, and so I simply missed a few of the days until I realized that it's Tuesday also for CEST.

Can you please either link or screenshot where it said Wednesday erroneously instead of Tuesday for CET? The only two places I know that Maplehood was mentioned the Monster Bash update notes (http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/25715/updated-v-189-midnight-monster-bash-patch-notes), and the Maplehood event news article (http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/26118/maplehood-watch-november-1-14). If it said Wednesday instead of Tuesday, I'm assuming you're talking about the Gachapon days. The Update Notes only list UTC from what I can see and the Event News says CET: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:00 AM – Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:59 AM and CET: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:00 AM – Wednesday, November 15, 2017 12:59 AM. Given they could have made some typo and changed it later, I somehow highly doubt that they'd get just one day off when they listed a CET conversion like it 7 other times and the fact that no one else on the forums mentioned something like that.