[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Best Mobbing Class\Best Bossing?

JackHyenaJackHyena
Reactions: 100
edited November 2017 in General Chat
What is objectively the best mobbing class and the best bossing class? unfunded and funded..?
I bet at least one person here would know

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Hm thunder breakers are pretty good at bossing and mobbing.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    I've heard Cadena is a pretty good Mobber...but I won't know till I play her myself :P
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Luminous is a great mobber and a pretty good bosser.

4th job Kinesis is really good at mobbing.

Night Lords are great bossers

Demon Slayers are also pretty good at mobbing and bossing.

Wild Hunter's a great bosser, but it's really hard to fund.

Dark Knight's also a pretty good bosser. It's mobbing is iffy until 5th job though.
    foussiremixSherri
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    Ice lightning post 5th job, luminuous and kinesis(post 5th job) are the top 3 best mobbers in game in my.opinion
    DividedFlow
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    Define 'best'
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I like Battle Mage, but I'm not sure if people would recommend the class or not.
    Same with Angelic Buster. God is she fun to play as but so squishy! :c
    Kanna is great too (tHOUGH THEY NERFED HER TO HADES), great with mobs, pretty decent with bosses.
  • JackHyenaJackHyena
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2017

I have a thunder breaker and like him alot, just wondering how good of a bosser he is compared to others.. hmm

Dark Knight's also a pretty good bosser. It's mobbing is iffy until 5th job though.

Out of everyone you mentioned, would you say a funded Wild Hunter is the best bosser?
    Also, don't night walkers have more DPS than night lords?
    darik wrote: »
    Ice lightning post 5th job, luminuous and kinesis(post 5th job) are the top 3 best mobbers in game in my.opinion

Ice lightnings are up there with lumi and kinesis?! They seemed like slow mobbers to me just like the rest of the adeventurers.. (compared to other classes of course)
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Define 'best'

Well, maplestory is hardly balanced, so I'm guessing there is a "best" class in each type

Mobbing - the best would be a class who can both kill fast and kill ALOT at once, I'd say that maybe lumi is the best mobber, but I asked because I'm not sure

Bosser - the best would be a class that can solo a boss faster than the other classes through major dps
    I like battlemages, thunderbreakers and night walkers, but I have no idea what the best bosser in the game is

Sherri wrote: »
    I like Battle Mage, but I'm not sure if people would recommend the class or not.
    Kanna is great too (tHOUGH THEY NERFED HER TO HADES), great with mobs, pretty decent with bosses.

Same with Battle Mage, and I dislike Angelic Buster but that's purely because she feels too "girly" for me to enjoy her skills.

I only use Kanna to spawn more monsters on the map I'm training in haha
    Without that skill, she's hardly a good mobber, and she's not a good bosser at all IMO
    edited November 2017
    JackHyena wrote: »

Out of everyone you mentioned, would you say a funded Wild Hunter is the best bosser?

I don't have much endgame experience with most of those classes, I main a BaM personally.

But to try to answer your questions, I would say that Wild hunter would be very high up there. There a Maple YouTube channel called MisusingTV that mains a Wild Hunter if you want more info. But I don't think that Night Walkers have more dps than Night Lords, I could be wrong, but with Night Lord's 5th job, I think it puts it ahead if it isn't already.
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited November 2017
    I main a Demon Avenger, I'll admit, they're pretty inconsistent due to Demon Frenzy but they are pretty good until maybe around after Magnus (if played properly). They do indeed survive longer due to Nether Shield's healing. I'm gonna say Dark Knights are better than Demon Avenger mainly because of FInal Pact. Survivability on Dark Knights is insanely impressive if you back it up with Buff Duration increase. In other words, Dark Knights can survive longer than Demon Avengers and you're given invincibility as well. (I'm lazy to train on Dark Knights, since I been playing my Demon Avenger longer and I only needed at least 140 on my Dark Knight.)
    Sherri
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2017
    I main a Hero and I must say the mobbing improved since V patch especially after Override patch. So it's better at 5th job. Lv150-199, you can even get better range on Raging Blow if using the Lv150 hyper Cry Valhalla, because it has same hitbox as Enraged mode, same thing for Burning Soul Blade (5th job skill). Shout, for a 3rd job, does very high dmg and decent AoE even if long casting, but it can greatly help in some maps. Lv170 hyper has vertical range but an ok horizontal range. At V patch if not slight before, it now attacks faster so it can be good for bossing as well. Blitz shield is a very good mobbing skill as well if you don't receive too much damage, so ideally you would want have more than 150% of the required AF map. So in Arcana you would need 540 AF to only receive 1 damage from 360 AF mobs.

As for bossing, it can reach a very high DPS if you reach the maximum potential possible, because it has a low base %crit rate, low base %crit damage and decent attack speed. But it has a very high base %IED, 50% from 1 skill! Combat Order greatly benefits Hero especially because of extra %final damage on each combo orb. My hero can get 100% crit rate without potential, soul weap or legion, because of my Lv3 phantom link skill, Lv2 BT link, Lv200 MM and Lv140+ NL, 16% crit rate as second line on IA, max Hyper stat crit rate and dSE. I can hit hardcap attack speed with dSI, green MPE and IA.
    Worldreaver does very high damage and gives you i-frame while casting, helpful for many situations, but it also gives you +72%final damage buff for 5 seconds but you use 6 combo orbs for casting. Cry Valhalla, while active, gives you knockdown immunity, so you can never get pushed. Very helpful for Magnus, Lotus, Pierre and more!

This is the Dojo video past Override, before bosses start teleport, note that I had average 12* tyrants in that time, 24k STR and 68%ATT:

Now my best time is about Floor 47 12:36 with a bit more stars on Tyrant, more Arcane Force and getting Fata Strike 1 node which I never used before. Now I gained 2 more stars on my gloves with great luck, so 14* and now at 25k STR.

Dream Defender made in second week of Oct., I believe:
    SherriDankMemerSenpai
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017

I main a dark knight, and they are fantastic bossers. Mobbing isn't great, but there are ways to improve it by investing in cooldown reduction. Final pact is awesome, especially when bossing.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    JackHyena wrote: »

I have a thunder breaker and like him alot, just wondering how good of a bosser he is compared to others.. hmm

darik wrote: »

Ice lightnings are up there with lumi and kinesis?! They seemed like slow mobbers to me just like the rest of the adeventurers.. (compared to other classes of course)
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Define 'best'

Well, maplestory is hardly balanced, so I'm guessing there is a "best" class in each type

Mobbing - the best would be a class who can both kill fast and kill ALOT at once, I'd say that maybe lumi is the best mobber, but I asked because I'm not sure

Bosser - the best would be a class that can solo a boss faster than the other classes through major dps
    I like battlemages, thunderbreakers and night walkers, but I have no idea what the best bosser in the game is

Sherri wrote: »

Same with Battle Mage, and I dislike Angelic Buster but that's purely because she feels too "girly" for me to enjoy her skills.

I only use Kanna to spawn more monsters on the map I'm training in haha
    Without that skill, she's hardly a good mobber, and she's not a good bosser at all IMO

Ice mages have chain lightning which can hit multiple mobs in different platforms and at 5th job they get a full map attack called ice age that casts ice that remains on the different platforms and deals damage on every monster that spawns on the ice, if ire strong enough it can 1 shot all mobs,luminuous have reflection, able to hit multiple platforms too and on 5th job they get a door that same as ice lightning mage ice age kills all monster on the map if ure strong enough, kinesis on 4th job have multiple skilla to kill all mobs on the map and on 5th job they get 2 skills that can potencially kill all monsters on the map if ure strong enough too, for more information on this 3 classes just check some videos om youtube of them mobbing, zerobydivide( a youtube channel) has videos of both lumi and kinesis post 5th job.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2017
    I always hear that Luminous is a great mobber, but honestly, from around level 120 to the 145ish I'm currently at, he sucks. His casting is fairly slow, and he doesn't really one shot most mobs around his level. Also for me reflection doesn't seem to work very well, as I find its range a bit too short and it doesn't consistently bounce off targets if they're on different platforms (especially higher ones). It's probably stuff that can be solved with better gear/funding, but before you get that I feel that compared to something like demon slayer, or even demon avenger, Luminous is fairly lackluster as a mobber, especially factoring in how immobile the class is, with the abysmal range on teleport.
    edited November 2017
    ShakaAlek wrote: »
    I always hear that Luminous is a great mobber, but honestly, from around level 120 to the 145ish I'm currently at, he sucks. His casting is fairly slow, and he doesn't really one shot most mobs around his level. Also for me reflection doesn't seem to work very well, as I find its range a bit too short and it doesn't consistently bounce off targets if they're on different platforms (especially higher ones). It's probably stuff that can be solved with better gear/funding, but before you get that I feel that compared to something like demon slayer, or even demon avenger, Luminous is fairly lackluster as a mobber, especially factoring in how immobile the class is, with the abysmal range on teleport.

Not sure what you're talking about. Luminous is probably in the top three, if not the best mobber in the game. The hyper skills for Reflection also help a lot, so don't administer judgement too quickly.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited November 2017
    ShakaAlek wrote: »

Not sure what you're talking about. Luminous is probably in the top three, if not the best mobber in the game. The hyper skills for Reflection also help a lot, so don't administer judgement too quickly.

My comment is specifically before hyper skills in fact, apart from the concern in the case you can't one shot mobs. Also does he get better in attack speed? Maybe it's a wrong impression, but he feels slow.
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited November 2017
    Well I can tell you my bias'd opinion on this... Aran for everything! lol.

Seriously, for mobbing and bossing, what I find good, based on map control, survivability, and killing speed:

Mobbing:
    Good: Kanna, Aran, BM, DS, Kinesis, Hayato, BW, F/P
    Decent: Shadower, Phantom, NL, I/L/Lumi (if they 1hko then it can be good), Mech, WA

Bossing:
    Good: Aran, Phantom, NL, Zero (if you can control it lol), Hayato.
    Decent: Pretty much everything else.
    Bad: Kanna, Beginner

Disclaimer, this is just going off my memory of leveling things to 150 - 200. Most of them were funded nearly the same, 6% main stat, 70% scrolled,10 star gear.
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited February 2018
    Corsairs are pretty good mobbers at 5th Job. They have Bullet Party, also known as kill all mooks in the area for 10 seconds, and Deadeye is basically a pocket kill 15 enemies on the map. Oh yeah Nautilus Strike also exists.

Moderator Note: Please do not necro-bump old threads.
This discussion has been closed.