[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How/where do you get cubes?

ShakaAlekShakaAlek
Reactions: 970
edited November 2017 in General Chat
So, I'm reaching the 180s on my wind archer, I got my cra set, some very basic scrolling, most gear at 10 stars; I can do a few bosses solo (up to pink bean and chaos horntail I think, not sure if anything stronger, not easy empress, that's for sure); but I'm hitting a wall. I can't really afford better scrolling right now, since clean slate scrolls are kind of expensive to me, and resetting my weapon to get it better than it is with the 70% spell traces is hard without those scroll (if not impossible). So, apart from slowly getting more mesos, what I can work on is getting better potentials, which leads to the question: what's the more efficient way to farm cubes? They don't seem to be dropping from bosses much anymore, since the drop rate nerf I guess, and even from mysterious and legendary veins and herbs I'm getting a lot less (like 10 in a day, if I'm lucky, instead of in an hour or two). I could craft them, but getting the cubic blades is even harder than the cubes themselves by gathering (or at least, I rarely see any anymore when I'm grinding).

Comments

• pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    ShakaAlek wrote: »
    So, I'm reaching the 180s on my wind archer, I got my cra set, some very basic scrolling, most gear at 10 stars; I can do a few bosses solo (up to pink bean and chaos horntail I think, not sure if anything stronger, not easy empress, that's for sure); but I'm hitting a wall. I can't really afford better scrolling right now, since clean slate scrolls are kind of expensive to me, and resetting my weapon to get it better than it is with the 70% spell traces is hard without those scroll (if not impossible). So, apart from slowly getting more mesos, what I can work on is getting better potentials, which leads to the question: what's the more efficient way to farm cubes? They don't seem to be dropping from bosses much anymore, since the drop rate nerf I guess, and even from mysterious and legendary veins and herbs I'm getting a lot less (like 10 in a day, if I'm lucky, instead of in an hour or two). I could craft them, but getting the cubic blades is even harder than the cubes themselves by gathering (or at least, I rarely see any anymore when I'm grinding).

I just wait for events that give 'em out. If you really want cubes right now commerci bosses drop the materials and an occasional cube.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Cubes can be obtained from the following:
    • Events: Keep an eye on the website/in-game current events for potential sources of cubes
    • Boss drops: Bosses including Zakum, Horntail, Pink Bean, etc. have a chance of dropping Master and rarely Meister cubes; the drop nerf was related to how drop gear stacks, and is unrelated to the cube drop rate from bosses
    • Legendary mineral veins: These have a chance of dropping master cubes
    • Crafting: If you're patient enough to keep master/meister rank, you can craft your own cubes
    • Reward shop: Red cubes cost 1,200 RP, and Black cubes cost 2,200; you receive 5 of each per month
    • Monster Collection: Monster Collection gives lots of Occult cubes, which can tier-up to epic rank
    Reward point cubes are probably the most useful, particularly if you build up your Monster Collection.

Also, you can use spell traces for clean slate scrolls (2000 traces for a 5% CSS).
    ShakaAlekYinYangXpandabunniesMorningAfterSeven
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    edited November 2017
    Thanks; most of those I know of. So far the most cubes I could get came from monster collection and veins/herbs (both legendary and mysterious can drop them actually). I was wondering if there were like, some maps that were good for finding many mysterious/legendary herbs. So you could say my question is mostly about the efficiency of farming.

I have a question regarding boss drops: when Kinesis came out I was almost certain to drop at least one cube between the two daily runs of zakum alone, but now if I get a couple in a week between zakum, ranmaru, von leon, horntail, hilla, easy magnus and root abyss it's already pretty good. Was there really no drop rate nerf?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    ShakaAlek wrote: »
    Thanks; most of those I know of. So far the most cubes I could get came from monster collection and veins/herbs (both legendary and mysterious can drop them actually). I was wondering if there were like, some maps that were good for finding many mysterious/legendary herbs. So you could say my question is mostly about the efficiency of farming.

I have a question regarding boss drops: when Kinesis came out I was almost certain to drop at least one cube between the two daily runs of zakum alone, but now if I get a couple in a week between zakum, ranmaru, von leon, horntail, hilla, easy magnus and root abyss it's already pretty good. Was there really no drop rate nerf?

A good area to farm for legendary/mystery veins/herbs is the maze before Gollux.
    ShakaAlek
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    edited November 2017
    I'll check the maze. So far the maps I've farmed are the 3 beaches in commerci and another three maps in pantheon, the one with the specter miners and the two on its right.
    Also sometimes the third pirate map near herb town is full of mysterious and legendary nodes, usually when there is a lot of bot activity. All of them can be hit and miss, you get the 10 cubes I mentioned in my first post, but you could also get 2-3 between all of them.

Do you know if drop rate gear affects herbs and veins?
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2017
    Legendary and mysterious veins can also very rarely drop Meister cubes.... I got both Master Craftsman cube and Meister from the same vein just yesterday.
    ShakaAlek
  • ZephioxZephiox
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2017
    Cubes really need to be easier to get in GMS, and prices need to be lowered in Reboot. I personally thing that cubes should cost meso in GMS (non-Reboot)
    ShakaAlek