[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sudden kanna bot outburst

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Omg whats happening
Luna is getting flooded with kanna bots that have these weird names and base kanna Eq

They literally took every drake map on every channel.
That never happened before.

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Simple. They start banning Kanna, legit players are caught in the net, they complain, Nexon addresses the problem and unbans some, obviously there will be hackers posing as the innocent, then bam. Back at square one.

I say they need more GMs. That or don't give the auto ban the power to perm ban. Temp ban and let a GM look over it or so.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Simple. They start banning Kanna, legit players are caught in the net, they complain, Nexon addresses the problem and unbans some, obviously there will be hackers posing as the innocent, then bam. Back at square one.

I say they need more GMs. That or don't give the auto ban the power to perm ban. Temp ban and let a GM look over it or so.

Yep, letting the system perm ban always seemed like a terrible idea to me.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Just because you haven't seen an influx of kanna botters doesn't mean they haven't existed..
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Oh great, who unbanned the troll?
    darikpandabunniesShadEight
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »

Yep, letting the system perm ban always seemed like a terrible idea to me.

If they're able to make a working system to catch bots, it'll improve the bot situation tenfold.
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    It's because of Haku Blessing nerf. They mad.

It's like you think botters care about that more than the mesos they can make for their illegitimate purposes or something. How naive.
    Sherridarik
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Just because you haven't seen an influx of kanna botters doesn't mean they haven't existed..

No i mean i know they exist but I experienced them taking over nearly whole sleepywood
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    It's because of Haku Blessing nerf. They mad.

Huh, I thought you'd finally been permabanned. Oh well, only a matter of time if you keep this up.
    SherridarikSlicedTime
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2017
    They've flooded Bera. They are on almost every map especially in the arcane river. I pretty much hate Kannas now.
    darik
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    idk, I surveyed ghost ship maps and it's pretty much empty
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited November 2017
    bootlicker wrote: »
    They've flooded Bera. They are on almost every map especially in the arcane river. I pretty much hate Kannas now.

I don't know about you but I gave up training, way too many hackers.
    Also you can't even chill in Henesys, too many spammers (botters spamming thier mesos sale sites).
    bootlickerdarik
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    because we was on autoban system that failed and ban few legits, we dont have GM's to help and those that come sleeps in our timezone
    so after they removed or made changes hackers doubled

if we only get 1 GM per server thats activ around can go undercover and play normal like anyone else servers will be 50% better
    i see evry day same guy smega his sites that sell meso yea SMEGA they go that far .....(because all left towns from the lag those spamers make )

also we cant even name-shame here so people will know to not interact with them, many think its fine and gets confused with meso system saying "meso its fine to buy or sell for real cash" "see other dose fine no bans or reports "

Also you can't even chill in Henesys, too many spammers (botters spamming thier mesos sale sites).

ikr sadly but same here

darik
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2017
    There's even that one guy who sits in the FM with his chalkboard paypal offer to sell mesos for cash. Pretty poorly maintained game when they get that brazen at breaking the rules in the most highly trafficked of areas. I makes one wonder if Nexon or some it's employees receives kick backs for these obvious violations.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    ManiOh wrote: »
    because we was on autoban system that failed and ban few legits, we dont have GM's to help and those that come sleeps in our timezone
    so after they removed or made changes hackers doubled

if we only get 1 GM per server thats activ around can go undercover and play normal like anyone else servers will be 50% better
    i see evry day same guy smega his sites that sell meso yea SMEGA they go that far .....(because all left towns from the lag those spamers make )

also we cant even name-shame here so people will know to not interact with them, many think its fine and gets confused with meso system saying "meso its fine to buy or sell for real cash" "see other dose fine no bans or reports "

ikr sadly but same here

The real problem of hackers is actually the non hackers, IF PEOPLE STOPED BUYING MESO FROM THEIR WEBSITES HACKERS WOULDNT EXIST, no real money means they are wasting the time and resources so the hackers would move on to either another game or another job, but sadly people dont understand this.
    Also a better hacking detection system would help a lot ,but the real solution is to touch the hackers wallet, once people stop buying meso from websites hackers population will dramatically reduce.
    BUT nexon should start considering y people resort to this webs to get some mesos( aka progress faster) and do something about it.