[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why release Cadena during the week?

bazzybazzy
Reactions: 1,525
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
What's the point of releasing Cadena on the 29th, during the week, when the week before is Thanksgiving break is the week before(American thing).

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    They always release patches on Wednesday.

And believe me, it's good that they do, what with the inevitable bugs and unscheduled maintenances.
    Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll be able to actually play Cadena on the weekend.
    SlicedTimeYinYangXPirateIzzySherriCatooolooo
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

And believe me, it's good that they do, what with the inevitable bugs and unscheduled maintenances.

That's not even related to at all at what this person is saying. They want to know why it's not being released on thanksgiving break where all the school kids are off for a week and can devote all that time to playing Cadena had it been released on thanksgiving week.
    bazzy wrote: »
    What's the point of releasing Cadena on the 29th, during the week, when the week before is Thanksgiving break is the week before(American thing).

Just incase when they go on holiday, Nexon, themselves, won't even be remotely aware of the game being broken until they come back and if you're extremely into maplestory and cant live without it like I used to be, you'll become extremely frustrated if you find out there's a server issue that disconnects and crashes you randomly every 10 minutes or even before you get into the game. Last christmas + new years, for example. It's better to have less people complaining yet have the Dev team actually be working on a fix than to have a bug-infested game server on auto pilot for an entire week.
    Lilyflower
  • PlutoPluto
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, there's usually a big problem when they first put up big updates like this tbh. But i've been mapling for a while and they get patched way quicker these days. So, they probably want to fix everything up before the american GMs can go on break?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    I do wish Cadena were being released next week instead of the week after...but eh, Im used to it. Just means I gotta try and balance Maple with Studying for Finals (thanks Nexon)
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

its sad that they copy paste the code in, and still get bugs..
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I do wish Cadena were being released next week instead of the week after...but eh, Im used to it. Just means I gotta try and balance Maple with Studying for Finals (thanks Nexon)

yep semester passed so fast, december is the end of semester, maybe theyre college students working in there as interns, so they know our priorities. (could explain the degree of bugs that have been happening)
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Ugh, Finals. The worst part of any semester by far. Cadena's timing is poor indeed. T.T
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited November 2017
    It has been like that in every years for big patches in winter. So why should this one be exception?
  • JacaruJacaru
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited November 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    It has been like that in every years for big patches in winter. So why should this one be exception?

Because sticking to traditions doesn't mean improvement and smart company tactics.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Jacaru wrote: »
    thrakkes wrote: »

Because sticking to traditions doesn't mean improvement and smart company tactics.

I feel like this isn't a big deal in the first place, you'll be able to play the class regardless.