[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we please do something about drop rate?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    Sheesh. Nexon has been making tons of terrible choices lately, haven't they?

They have since Ascension to be honest.. just the ones in more recent times have been more negative. Well since Unleashed they have been pretty bad. The removal of party play areas was the main start of things really. Which was when many people quit from Unleashed onwards.

Oh yeah, I remember Unleashed. Oh lord that is some bad memories.
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2017
    Drop rate as a whole was nerfed that includes boss, event and even recipes etc etc. Funny how these threads always turn into Nodestone drop rate threads.

I think the drop nerf wasn't necessary and should have never been implemented, The Kms community was up in roar over the changes and later had them changed, Hoping we will get the same changes soon.
    darik
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2017
    JalaJala wrote: »
    darik wrote: »
    Sniff Sniff, boo hoo. 2x event + 2x card + some for of additional drop be it spider or w/e = PLENTY of nodestones. There is little to no merit in these complaints other than MAYBE arcane River droplets. In 3 hours of grinding I got 75~100 Stones (did 3 sessions) more than plenty for a day. NEEDING more than that is pure entitlement.
    1) Not everyone plays on a normal server and has access to 2x card
    2) Not everyone can afford paying real money to get a 2x card
    3) Not everyone has as much drop rate as you might have
    4)Not everyone has 3hrs to grind each day
    5) Not everyone is strong enough to kill mobs as fst as u do
    6) 2x event happen like once every 1-2months(they should happen much more often if u ask me).
    7) There are more thing than just farming nodes such a symbols droplets event items quest items , rare weapons to use anvil on, getting more coins on CRA on reboot for example so that u dont need to go two times to cvell to get a weapon and the list goes on
    As u can see theres more behind this nerf that affects all players in a negative way.

Sounds like you shouldn't get as many nodes as someone who has 3 hours to grind a day and can kill faster than you.

You're right. He shouldn't. And if you're doing all that **** and grinding for 3 hours, you should get more nodestones than you're already getting.
    No one is saying close the gap between light and heavy players' result.
    We just want drop rate that can get heavy players a lot, and light players enough to get by.
  • ManiaclManiacl
    Reactions: 420
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Yolo wrote: »
    Drop rate as a whole was nerfed that includes boss, event and even recipes etc etc. Funny how these threads always turn into Nodestone drop rate threads.

I think the drop nerf wasn't necessary and should have never been implemented, The Kms community was up in roar over the changes and later had them changed, Hoping we will get the same changes soon.

They never changed the drop rate after the nerf in Kms actually it's still the same. Not sure where you got that information from but it's not true.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    Pigaba wrote: »
    Sniff Sniff, boo hoo. 2x event + 2x card + some for of additional drop be it spider or w/e = PLENTY of nodestones. There is little to no merit in these complaints other than MAYBE arcane River droplets. In 3 hours of grinding I got 75~100 Stones (did 3 sessions) more than plenty for a day. NEEDING more than that is pure entitlement.
    6) 2x event happen like once every 1-2months(they should happen much more often if u ask me).
    7) There are more thing than just farming nodes such a symbols droplets event items quest items , rare weapons to use anvil on, getting more coins on CRA on reboot for example so that u dont need to go two times to cvell to get a weapon and the list goes on
    As u can see theres more behind this nerf that affects all players in a negative way.

Sounds like you shouldn't get as many nodes as someone who has 3 hours to grind a day and can kill faster than you.

You're right. He shouldn't. And if you're doing all that **** and grinding for 3 hours, you should get more nodestones than you're already getting.
    We just want drop rate that can get heavy players a lot, and light players enough to get by.

What i meant with that post is that we DO need drop back to before cuz ppl who doesnt have much time/money in real life or drop gear can buy them from the fm for a good price, not a price as expensive as it is now.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Are people really arguing that the drop change wasn't a nerf? There's undeniable evidence that it was. Selling prices. I've been monitoring the prices of nodestones in all of the servers for the past few months. After the drop change the prices in every single server increased.

Even from personal experiences it should be easy to tell. Unless I use drop buffs and spider, I never see a nodestone, and even then it's only a couple per hour. Before the change I was able to get a nodestone once or twice doing VJ dailies, now, I've gone weeks without getting one.

So you can say what you like about being able to get 1 node per 15 minutes, but there is no argument that can justify the prices of nodestones increasing in all servers exactly when the drop change hit.

Also, I'm frankly just calling BS on ToxicDude. His arguments have no grounds, and he's playing the entitlement card. At this point he's spouting things for fact when they're clearly wrong.
    darikSherri
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2017
    I agree with you, but what about botters who bot 24/7 in order to make a lot of mesos and then sell it (mesos prices are too low, and the lower then become, everything else in game becoming too expensive, everything in FM is over 10b)

In order to fix this, Nexon must take action and start banning botters perm, including the ones who spam 24/7 in FM and Henesys their sites.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    Are people really arguing that the drop change wasn't a nerf? There's undeniable evidence that it was. Selling prices. I've been monitoring the prices of nodestones in all of the servers for the past few months. After the drop change the prices in every single server increased.

Even from personal experiences it should be easy to tell. Unless I use drop buffs and spider, I never see a nodestone, and even then it's only a couple per hour. Before the change I was able to get a nodestone once or twice doing VJ dailies, now, I've gone weeks without getting one.

So you can say what you like about being able to get 1 node per 15 minutes, but there is no argument that can justify the prices of nodestones increasing in all servers exactly when the drop change hit.

Also, I'm frankly just calling BS on ToxicDude. His arguments have no grounds, and he's playing the entitlement card. At this point he's spouting things for fact when they're clearly wrong.

Yeah, nodestones are ridiculously hard to get at this point. I once trained an entire day and only got two.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    I agree with you, but what about botters who bot 24/7 in order to make a lot of mesos and then sell it (mesos prices are too low, and the lower then become, everything else in game becoming too expensive, everything in FM is over 10b)

In order to fix this, Nexon must take action and start banning botters perm, including the ones who spam 24/7 in FM and Henesys their sites.

I agree, on reboot i usually train with kishin and 220% drop and in 1hr i can get like 6-12, before nerf it was double the amount..., and im with 220% drop i cant imagine how painfull must b for someone without drop gear or dollars to buy a 2x drop coupon from the cash shop to get them...
    And lets not forget even items , droplets, quest items etc...
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    Cadena91 wrote: »

The moment we start making changes that harm the players based upon what hackers do, is the moment that we start moving in the wrong direction.
  • JalaJalaJalaJala
    Reactions: 415
    edited November 2017
    Pigaba wrote: »

He made the comparison of investment and non-investment players for that exact reason. “Not everyone has time/ability to do ‘x’ so just give me ‘x’”. The easier it gets to obtain something makes the time investment worth less when trying to obtain that object; in this case, nodes. (i.e. If everyone can mine gold then the time you put into mining gold is worth less.) So yes, he was arguing for game time investment to mean less – and at the same time decreasing the gap between high investment players and low investment players.

Regardless, the past nodestone updates have done exactly that; they have minimized the nodestone farming effectiveness between new and senior players. You all are both wrong with the premise that the node drop rate update hurt the ability for newer ungeared players to obtain nodes. The updates have made 2 changes in the nodestone economy.

1. Increased the base drop rate of nodes. Period. This happened. It is easier to get nodes with no + drop rate gear than it was a year ago.
    2. Decreased the effectiveness of + drop rate gear.

What does this do?
    Well, it incentivized new players to invest their own time actually playing the game and grinding for their own node stones, instead of trying to buy node stones from other players.

How did it do this?
    Senior players are effectively bottlenecked at a lower amount than before with the amount of nodestones they can produce; which decreased the supply of nodestones and increased the price. It is now more feasible for a newer player to farm their own nodestones instead of depending on someone else to farm them, and then buying the nodestones from them.

(Nodes should ideally go down in price. Yes, senior players are selling at a higher price now because they are producing less, but nodes are theoretically worth less overall now due to new players being able to more effectively obtain nodes. This is dependent on new players choosing to farm nodes instead of using RMT).

Why did Nexon do this?
    To reinforce gameplay. These updates have added incentive for new players to play the game instead of depending on meso sellers to sell them real life cash for mesos and nodes. I have a hard time believing that new players who play 100% by the Maplestory Terms of Services are affected negatively by these updates. These updates have made it easier for new players to get to a point of gameplay where they can farm nodestones at a reasonable pace, and bottlenecked the ability for senior players to sell extra nodes for profit.

The two kinds of players who should be complaining about the updates are those who 1. Are selling nodes, or 2. Those who planned to buy nodes with real life currency (How can they farm the amount of mesos needed to buy nodes, but don’t have the time to farm actual nodes?…They're buying mesos from RMT’s.)

TheToxicDudeFromRene
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited November 2017
    -snip-

What are your thoughts if Nexon were to further increase the droprate of nodestones a ton more? I'm thinking something like supply will increase, prices will go down again, newer players can more easily farm more nodestones themselves compared to now, and buying cheap affordable nodestones will be another option for newer players.
    darik
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I wish they would introduce daily quests that give node stones. Similar to how we have dailies for symbols.
    foussiremix