[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Your Ideal Cadena

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    My nova chars are themed to holidays. My angelic buster is mrs Claus with her dress up being vampire phantom and my kaiser is Santa. With cadena im kind of hedging towards halloween or valentines day.

Id say valentines day to give it a bit of contrast to her style/theme. (lol bdsm valentines with all them chains)

Taking blackheart day to a whole new level Kappa.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    My nova chars are themed to holidays. My angelic buster is mrs Claus with her dress up being vampire phantom and my kaiser is Santa. With cadena im kind of hedging towards halloween or valentines day.

Id say valentines day to give it a bit of contrast to her style/theme. (lol bdsm valentines with all them chains)

Woah you two...kinda curious what your Cadena will look like now...
  • PlutoPluto
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    My immediate response to the title of this thread is "Gay. Like me." but ha, you can't have that in maplestory so like, idk, green hair? Fluffy green hair, not super liking her default hair. And yeah, totally want some horns for her, ha. Some cute outfit, too!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

not really into fashion, Im a simple guy, so just some thief theme thing, shadow hood, lotus gown and a flower as weapon. nothing ostentatious.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017

not really into fashion, Im a simple guy, so just some thief theme thing, shadow hood, lotus gown and a flower as weapon. nothing ostentatious.

Yeah, it really depends on the character for me. My Cadena just needs some wings so she looks like a Nova (Seriously, its bad enough her IGN means Disgraced in another language, so I wanna give her some love) and Ill rock Clean CRA look.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2017
    I would outfit my Cadena to have black Unkempt Hair and Alert Eyes (any color.) I would customize the hat to be a bunny hat and give a seal cushion as a weapon cover.

edited November 2017

Yeah, it really depends on the character for me. My Cadena just needs some wings so she looks like a Nova (Seriously, its bad enough her IGN means Disgraced in another language, so I wanna give her some love) and Ill rock Clean CRA look.

you brought up a good topic, IGN for cadena. Thats something I havent thought of.

you saying your IGN for her is Disgraced in another language?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017

you brought up a good topic, IGN for cadena. Thats something I havent thought of.

you saying your IGN for her is Disgraced in another language?

Indeed. I won't reveal just cuz I don't want anyone to steal it. (although I have it claimed, I recall KMS Nova update added some "random name release" after deletion.
    edited November 2017
    @Petalmagic makes sense to safeguard it. I'll have to watch some videos of cadena's playstyle to conjure up a name.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    I got no idea what I wanna name mine.. something with 'Cadenza' in it, sounds better than Cadena IMO.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    I got no idea what I wanna name mine.. something with 'Cadenza' in it, sounds better than Cadena IMO.

I had a friend on a game once named MiamoreCadenza. You made me think of them. :P It's a weird name though, and too long. Wonder where they came up with such a name though.
    edited November 2017

I had a friend on a game once named MiamoreCadenza. You made me think of them. :P It's a weird name though, and too long. Wonder where they came up with such a name though.

thats italian for my love cadence
    edited November 2017
    I was going to name it something casual and humorous but after seeing how much focus they will take in their combo heavy play style, gonna name it something proper.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017

thats italian for my love cadence

Wonder why they chose it...too bad I have NO idea where they are anymore. o-o
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    idk about anyone else here, But I saw Chains as a weapon in KMS when Cadena released. So i took the name DelsinRowe and I plan on buying clothing to look like him, Red Beanie, etc.

I might just save the name for a later date though, I have a few names stockpiled and one of them I had originally for my Cadena or Illium was *technolyte*. So i might just use that and be done with it lol

EDIT - I think with the Color of Cadena's Abilities and weapon/style and such. I might just name it Technolyte and try my best to make it look as Cyperpunk-esk as possible. Maplestory doesn't have too many Cyberpunk-esk clothing choices which has always been annoying to me but it's somewhat possible to go for that Theme if you have the right items. I'll probably keep the Default Cadena Hair and use a Custom Hair Color coupon. Not a normal color but the mix/match dye version. The hair itself is two-toned, Meaning the Mix Dye can create some interesting looking hair with it. Might try for a Blue/Green-ish neon color with Red/Purple. I'll have to see how it works with the Cadena Hair.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I usually like my characters to look as default as they can. I like looking like the actual character. (Super happy they FINALLY gave us the Aran skin tone. I though I suppose Illium is to thank for that.) It makes me feel like I'm actually in the role of the character. For example, I decked out all my hero characters with their outfits from the Heroes of Maple update a while back, I got my Kinesis the outfit that was just released and I got my blaster the outfit in his artwork (though I super don't like the way the hat looks in game. It's supposed to be a bandana, but it covers the whole head!! Tried looking for the battle mage goggles because, honestly, that's a much better fit, but it wasn't in the cash shop.) So, if they come out with a Cadena outfit in the cash shop, then I'd most likely get that. Or maybe I'm just boring...