[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mihile's Link Skill

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Why is this a buff? Why not make it passive. (Most Stance buffs have been turned into passives like...ages ago). Even if you gotta cut down the percentage to like 80%...wouldn't it be better?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    No, it would not.
    I'd rather have 100% stance for some of the time (when I can make sure I have it when I need it) than 80% stance all the time (when I'd get knocked back just at the wrong time).
    PirateIzzyMageOfBattles
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    If it were 80% passive Stance, any class that has at least 20% Stance by themselves can easily get 100% Stance all the time, while those that don't could use Hyper Stats and Legion to reach 100% Stance. That's why the 100% Stance from Mihile's Link Skill has downtime. It's called game balance.

And since you brought Mihile's Link Skill up, I want its owner effect to be added into the recipient effect so that it will be useful on all characters.
    More info: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10313/add-knights-watchs-self-effect-to-linked-effect#latest
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    I would disagree heavily with this change. As a main of a class that has 100% stance, I need to be able to depend on my stance, not leave it up to chance. Even if there's hyper stats and legion effects that could get a class up to 100% that would divert from the resources/points that they're using for other things. The link skill is fine as it is.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    I dont really use mihile link because of the cooldown and the low duration. Of course I chose classes with either high avoid or 90% stance. But if Mihile link werent the way it is now, Id probably use it on my characters that do get tossed around while training or bossing.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    I dont really use mihile link because of the cooldown and the low duration. Of course I chose classes with either high avoid or 90% stance. But if Mihile link werent the way it is now, Id probably use it on my characters that do get tossed around while training or bossing.

Yeah, if the link were passive (whether100% or not) I would be more apt to use it. Right now Mihile feels like a waste of a character slot :T
  • ForTheGloryofHayatoForTheGloryofHayato
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2017
    It's very damn easy to get a lot of buff duration so it can always be active on any character.
    40% from Legion, 20% from SS Mechanic effect, 20-something% from inner ability, and more.
    I literally couldn't stand with Corsair's, Cannon Master's or Jett's low stance % from their skills.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    It's very damn easy to get a lot of buff duration so it can always be active on any character.
    40% from Legion, 20% from SS Mechanic effect, 20-something% from inner ability, and more.
    I literally couldn't stand with Corsair's, Cannon Master's or Jett's low stance % from their skills.

That depends if you’re willing to allocate those resources to something like buff duration.
  • ForTheGloryofHayatoForTheGloryofHayato
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2017

That depends if you’re willing to allocate those resources to something like buff duration.

Of course it is. Boss damage and ignore def are useless for me.

v1LROQv.png
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited November 2017
    I'd rather have it changed into a non-cool down skill. In doing so, you are kinda forced to play Mile which most people do now know such a class exists.
    I regret maining a freaking magician class. Too late to switch my job too many untradble items.
    Make non-warrior class great again. GAWD I HATE THIS KNOCKBACK THAT KNOCK THE SH OUT OF ME.
    Petalmagic