[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

you know what the funniest part of reboot is

choozchooz
Reactions: 1,815
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in General Chat
that despite all the "it's not pay to win, srs, you can't get ANYTHING that costs nx besides costmetic items and pets!" there are still people with 20 slot bags from -- where else -- the cash shop, with nx.

Comments

• NiceAsIceNiceAsIce
    Reactions: 1,150
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I didn't realize you need slot bags in order to become stronger.
    SherriMageOfBattlesdarikLotusBlackShadEight
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    by that logic all the random junk in gachapon that reboot can't get makes you stronger. Don't be dumb.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    by that logic all the random junk in gachapon that reboot can't get makes you stronger. Don't be dumb.

You sell the stuff in gachapon for mesos, use mesos for scrolled gear = stronger. Elementary my dear Chooz.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2017
    chooz wrote: »
    that despite all the "it's not pay to win, srs, you can't get ANYTHING that costs nx besides costmetic items and pets!" there are still people with 20 slot bags from -- where else -- the cash shop, with nx.

Deleted.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    darik wrote: »
    Ill resume reboot in this way:
    Bera server: got to 2m range withing 6 months no lifing ms and max nodes
    Reboot server: got to 2m range and max nodes in 1 month of no lifing ms and later to 4m range playing everyday a few hrs but not as many as that month that took me to get to 2m in 4 months

wat
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    NiceAsIce wrote: »
    I didn't realize you need slot bags in order to become stronger.

Well, the bags certainly aren't cosmetic.
    SlicedTimechooz
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I mean MVP rewards being available in reboot is already P2W.
    edited November 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »

Not exactly since it's account bound.
  • RebootWorldRebootWorld
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    You missed the chance to get them from the Re:Zero event :3
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

You're still able to pay up to get items such as MVP buffs and dream defender entry tickets which directly gives you an advantage over other non-paying users.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    You missed the chance to get them from the Re:Zero event :3
    That was also p2w

• darikdarik
    edited November 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Reboot server: got to 2m range and max nodes in 1 month of no lifing ms and later to 4m range playing everyday a few hrs but not as many as that month that took me to get to 2m in 4 months

wat
    Deleted.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

How does having it account bound not make it pay to win? if you spend money you get mvp. If you don't spend money you don't get mvp..
  • darikdarik
    edited November 2017

How does having it account bound not make it pay to win? if you spend money you get mvp. If you don't spend money you don't get mvp..

Deleted.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

Mvp only gives u some exp coupons, that not a big deal in terms of making u stronguer if anything t gets lvling faster and ppl who have mvp give 1,5x exp buffs for free to everyone in the map when casting it

You are misinformed about what MVP gives...http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21036/updated-introducing-the-maple-value-points-mvp-service
    edited November 2017
    Just make a suggestion to restrict accepting mvp rewards on reboot. Quite honestly, I get more of those 30 potions than any attack or exp modifier. So it really depends how much money you spend. It’s not pay to win because the people spending to diamond or platinum aren’t buying cubes since they can’t in reboot, the result of their spending on nexon cash results in them getting the mvp status.

If it is p2w, it’s a very conditional form of p2w and even a chance game of p2w.
  • choozchooz
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »

wat

Correct me.if im wrong but OP is saying reboot is p2w, so i explained him that reboot is free 2 play 100% and that u can progress twice if not 3 times faster there than on a normal server without playing as much as in a normal server and without spending a single cent on the game.

I'm saying that p2w elements that should be forbidden or possible with some alternative slipped by as nx-only.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Time to go back to regular servers lol.
  • darikdarik
    edited November 2017

Mvp only gives u some exp coupons, that not a big deal in terms of making u stronguer if anything t gets lvling faster and ppl who have mvp give 1,5x exp buffs for free to everyone in the map when casting it

You are misinformed about what MVP gives...http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/21036/updated-introducing-the-maple-value-points-mvp-service

Deleted.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

So u get buffs and exp coupons thats not a big deal? O.o
    U know u can get a daily 100 watt/matt vuff for free right?
    Ure focusing on small things over the biggest issue in p2w, which is cubing, cubing give u a LOT of range, whereas a 30 watt buff doesnt give much of a difference
    Im my opinion complaining about this(cuz u need to pay a Lot and keep paying constantly to stay mvp) is quite irrelevant to the overal f2p reboot services this server offers.

We're just saying that p2w does exist in reboot. It's not just about the coupons and MVP buffs allowing for exp gain to be higher, translating into gaining levels faster than the non-paying players of reboot. It's also the medals and titles giving stat. The free monster park and training center tickets. But most importantly the extra entries to Dream Defender, resulting in more coins for paying players and thus gaining arcane force faster than someone who is not MVP. Especially considering how long it'd take to farm those extra symbols with the drop rate nerf.

I personally don't care whether it exists or not, but it's ignorant to claim it doesn't.