[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game broke after a day

XCaedisXXCaedisX
Reactions: 755
edited November 2017 in Tech Support
So I mistakenly thought the new classes were released on GMS, so I reinstalled it yesterday. Learned I was wrong, but figured I'd play some anyways. Game worked fine yesterday.

Now it's broken. It launches, and closes instantly, giving me the error telling me: a: game maintenance, b: I've been banned, or c: my internet is broken, none of which are true. I've tried basically everything in compatibility mode, running as administrator, fiddling with settings, all the usual fixes. Nothing changes anything. Repair install did nothing, either.

I have limited data every month, so I'd really like not to have to redownload a game I just installed YESTERDAY. Honestly, if that's the only fix, I'm not going to play. If anyone has an alternative fix that doesn't require me to uninstall/reinstall, I'd appreciate if you could let me know.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2017
    It sounds like an issue with your internet. I would suggest the following:

If you're skipping the introduction video, don't; let it run. There was a recent issue where the game was having trouble connecting to the proper region when the video was skipped.
    Try uplugging your router, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in. It's stupid, but it works. Similarly, shut down your computer completely and restart.
    If that doesn't help, try going to a library or other public wifi location (Starbucks/whatever) and try booting up the game. Don't skip the introduction video. You may have better results, especially if you have limited data.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Another thing I've noticed when this happens to me is when I have multiple browsers open or even just a browser open with a video loading/loaded. Or just other programs that require Internet connection, maybe make sure you dont have other games/programs or browsers open when this happens.
  • XCaedisXXCaedisX
    Reactions: 755
    edited November 2017
    It never got as far as the introduction video, but that wasn't the issue. It seemed to have been either an issue with Windows 10 needing to update, or, as you said, my internet connection, though it was an odd issue. Maybe a combination of the two. My ping began spiking severely the next day, so when I was able to play, there was a delay between monsters dying and actually dying on-screen, and several instances where I could no longer attack/use portals/etc.

But, I've done the update and called my ISP, and it seems to be working normally again, though I'm not sure which part was the one that fixed the game itself.