[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Upcoming Boss Reward system changes

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
https://orangemushroom.net/2017/08/31/kms-ver-1-2-284-maplestory-nova-morass-swamp-of-memory/
Boss Reward Reorganization
collector.png?w=287&h=235powerful-strength-crystal.png?w=305&h=235

You will now receive meso rewards based on the difficulty of a boss.

When you defeat a boss, you will receive a Powerful Strength Crystal.
The Powerful Strength Crystal is a time-limited etc item. Its value is based on the difficulty of the defeated boss and the number of party members who participated. In Reboot World, its value will be even higher.
You can sell the Crystal to the Collector in the Free Market to receive mesos equal to its value.
The Collector will only buy 60 Crystals per week.
Existing potion rewards (except Elixirs and Power Elixirs) and mesos have been removed from boss rewards. The drop rate of Elixirs, Power Elixirs, Strange Cubes, and Boss Medals of Honour have been adjusted based on the boss difficulty and entry/clear limits.
Here is a list of meso rewards for each boss.
  • Easy Zakum: 200k
  • Normal Zakum: 612k
  • Easy Papulatus: 684.5k
  • Easy Magnus: 722k
  • Normal Hilla: 800k
  • Easy Horntail: 882k
  • Normal Root Abyss: 968k
  • Normal Horntail: 1.01m
  • Easy Von Leon: 1.06m
  • Easy Arkarium: 1.15m
  • Caoong: 1.25m
  • Chaos Horntail: 1.35m
  • Normal Pink Bean: 1.4m
  • Normal Von Leon: 1.46m
  • Normal Arkarium: 2.52m
  • Hard Von Leon: 2.45m
  • Normal Magnus: 2.59m
  • Normal Papulatus: 2.67m
  • Hard Hilla: 2.74m
  • Chaos Pink Bean: 2.81m
  • Easy Cygnus: 7.81m
  • Normal Cygnus: 11.25m
  • Chaos Zakum: 12.8m
  • Chaos Von Bon/Pierre/Bloody Queen: 14.45m
  • Hard Magnus: 16.2m
  • Chaos Vellum: 18.05m
  • Chaos Papulatus: 20m
  • Normal Suu: 22.05m
  • Normal Demian: 23.11m
These values are if you defeat these bosses in a party of 1. In Reboot World, the amounts will be increased to 3x as much. As the party size increases, the total reward will increase as well but they will then be divided amongst party members.
  • Party of 1: 100% value
  • Party of 2: 110% value (divided to 55% for each person)
  • Party of 3: 120% value (divided to 40% for each person)
  • Party of 4: 130% value (divided to 32.5% for each person)
  • Party of 5: 140% value (divided to 28% for each person)
  • Party of 6: 150% value (divided to 25% for each person)

Rewards have been added to the top level difficulty bosses.

Absolabs equipment, which could be purchased from coin shops, have been added as rewards from Hard Suu and Hard Demian.
Arcane Shade equipment, which could be purchased from the coin shop, has been added as rewards from Hard Lucid.
Drop rate increasing effects will not apply to Absolabs equipment or Arcane Shade equipment.

A new reward has been added to Hard Suu.
Rouge Control Machine Mark (10 all stats, 10 attack/magic attack, 200 defense, 5 slots, tradeable until equipped, level 160, face accessory)

A new reward has been added to Hard Demian.
Enchanted Eye Mask (15 all stats, 3 attack/magic attack, 300 defense, 3 slots, tradeable until equipped, level 160, eye accessory)

The new equipment set, the Dark Boss set has been added. It contains the following items.
  • Rouge Control Machine Mask
  • Enchanted Eye Mask
  • Black Heart
  • Dreamy Belt (the Dreamy Belt has been removed from the Boss Accessory set)
It gives the following stats.
  • 2 set items: 10 all stats, 250 HP, 10 attack/magic attack, 10% boss damage
  • 3 set items: 10 all stats, 250 HP, 10 attack/magic attack, 250 defense, 10% defense ignore
  • 4 set items: 15 all stats, 375 HP, 15 attack/magic attack, 5% critical damage

Some bosses’ entry/clear limits have been changed.
  • You can now enter Zakum (Easy/Normal Mode) 1 time per day.
  • You can now clear Zakum (Chaos Mode) 1 time per week.
  • You can now enter Horntail (Easy/Normal/Chaos Mode) 1 time per day.
  • You can now enter Von Leon (Easy/Normal/Hard Mode) 1 time per day.
  • You can now enter Hilla (Normal/Hard Mode) 1 time per day.
  • You can now clear Magnus (Easy/Normal Mode) 1 time per day.
  • You can now clear Cygnus (Easy/Normal mode) 1 time per week.
  • You can now clear Suu (Normal/Hard Mode) 1 time per week.
  • You can now clear Demian (Normal/Hard Mode) 1 time per week.
  • You can now clear Lucid (Normal/Hard Mode) 1 time per week.

The Fear of the Giant Stone Statue quest’s starting level has been changed to level 50.

The minimum number of party members required to enter Hard Hilla has been decreased to 1.

Hard Suu’s HP has been decreased.

Discuss.

P.S. Apologies in advance for any and all typos and formatting issues, I still can't edit my own posts due to some unknown forum issue.
YinYangXCuddlePuddleSherridarik

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    In my opinion this is not a good change. It halves the amount of exp and cubes people can get from daily bosses such as Zakum, Hilla, and HT, and greatly reduces the amount of meso obtainable from them. It's true that the meso rewards for more difficult bosses have been raised, but that should not come at the expense of those people who can't beat higher level bosses yet.

The Powerful Strength Crystals also seem to be a great nuisance, in that they expire and have different meso values, and therefore won't stack in inventory. If you'd like to hold onto them and redeem the 60 most valuable at the end of the week - well, you can't.

The new boss set looks nice and will make those top-tier bosses worth fighting (especially since in GMS, Absolabs gear is not in much demand).
    GitWokeYinYangXdarikSlicedTimeArtimessheed
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    In my opinion this is not a good change. It halves the amount of exp and cubes people can get from daily bosses such as Zakum, Hilla, and HT, and greatly reduces the amount of meso obtainable from them. It's true that the meso rewards for more difficult bosses have been raised, but that should not come at the expense of those people who can't beat higher level bosses yet.

The Powerful Strength Crystals also seem to be a great nuisance, in that they expire and have different meso values, and therefore won't stack in inventory. If you'd like to hold onto them and redeem the 60 most valuable at the end of the week - well, you can't.

The new boss set looks nice and will make those top-tier bosses worth fighting (especially since in GMS, Absolabs gear is not in much demand).

My daily Horntail runs for EXP will be hurt from this and my Dual Blade will now be taking Chaos difficulties instead of doing a hard and a normal for horntail.

The new Dark Boss Accessory Set looks exciting and will be an excellent alternative to the Sweetwater Accessories. Papulatus dropping a new eye accessory that is 140 will mean more stars and stats for enhancements (a minor improvement from the Aqua Eye from Zakum.)
    darikGitWoke
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    I don't like the boss entry reduction. I don't really see why it's necessary in the first place. It hurts training at levels starting at Zakum, and just keeps going. I also don't like the fact that while the meso amount is increased in a party, it's still divided amongst the party members, meaning that you're going to get less mesos than if you had solo'd.
    darikGitWokeRennnpandabunniesSlicedTimePetalmagicSherrigadgetdude
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2017
    Just about every aspect of these changes hurts the game for no good reason. Everything about the meso changes is poor. I don't get it. Converting the reindeer milks and sunrise dews into a meso item is kind of pointless. We'll still have to go to a vendor (post-change a specific vendor in the fm) to sell the items we don't want to hold onto so if the goal was to reduce the inconvenience well... they've made it worse. We also lose the benefit of being able to use the potions if we want to. The meso value for each boss isn't even all that balanced. For example why is CHT only worth 300k more than HT? Why is easy Cygnus worth 3x normal Magnus? And the 60 weekly limit... why? Outside of Reboot nobody does the bosses for raw money, so I really don't get what this change was meant to do.

The entry limits seem to run counter to whatever reason I can think of. I don't see how reducing the entry limits will improve the game, nor is there any kind of thematical sense to it. Maybe the goal was to get more people into training fields? For all the good that does. :( The new accessories from Damien and Lotus look alright, they're not all that much better than the sweetwater stuff but at least it gives GMS a reason to down them regularly.
    darik
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2017
    I'm fine with the new boss accessories, but the entry limits and meso crystals are incredibly stupid.

Hey Nexon, don't stop there: might as well make each boss once a week across the board.
    And the meso crystals....I'm dreading how bad the economy will get once these are added. It's already in shambles, so I can only expect NX ratios to reach 1:1000 eventually.
    darikGitWokeRennn
  • GitWokeGitWoke
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2017
    Ughh.... why reduce boss entries so drastically? This is going to destroy new and unfunded players trying to level up mains and link skill / legion mules.

On Reboot this will completely destroy new players by removing the best way we have to earn meso without drop/meso rate gear.

NOT A GOOD CHANGE.

I would love to hear their reasoning behind this... :(

Edit: The good news is we won't be getting this update for 6 months or so, right? Literally the only positive thing I have to say.
    darik
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017
    Seems like an un-needed change, they shouldve just said "here's the new pap revamp" enjoy"
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    Besides the new items added to Hard Damien and Hard Lotus the rest is really not necessary. Just more changes without any reasoning behind it. Nexon, why make things worse? Especially things that nobody complains about. I don't think a single person in this game has an issue with the entry limits. If anything they want the entry limits higher.

Nexon is now taking more than just steps backwards now. They are running backwards. This and the drop rate changes are by far the worst things that have happened but there's many other poorly thought out changes this year.
    darik
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    it's all's Nexon Koreas fault, they are the ones who made the changes to Drop rate and now this.

i know i always say that Nexon korea are better then na, but not now, the drop rate nerf now this, even Players in KMS complained about this!

(Where nexon supposedly do listens to it's players)

PLEASE NEXON AMERICA Listen to us just this ONCE! Don't make this come to GMS! Our Mesos are already worthless, this will just sink the game even more down the trash.!

Or... here's an idea: Increase the Meso rewards per crystal, because our Meso rate are NOT! like in KMS.

In GMS 1 Billion Mesos = 1,447 NX/Maple Points.
    in KMS 1 Billion Mesos = 66,467 NX/Maple Points.

Please Adjust the meso rate to fit for GMS, and while at it adjust it for quests rewards as well.
    our mesos is a lot weaker compared to KMS. ( Sad but true ) :(

i just hope if this makes out the filters: At least i want the Botters to Suffer! not the legit players.!
    darikgadgetdude
    edited October 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    Nexon is now taking more than just steps backwards now. They are running backwards. This and the drop rate changes are by far the worst things that have happened but there's many other poorly thought out changes this year.

Honestly though, it's like the 2016 of maplestory.
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited October 2017
    I have no doubt these changes will be coming and there out right gonna stink when they do happen.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I am delighted to see that our objections to this system were "listened to" so well, that not only are we getting this completely unwanted update, but we're getting it three months ahead of time.

Yet when we ask for bug fixes or QoL changes to be rushed over, we're told that it's impossible and we'll have to wait for the patch they belong to.
    gadgetdude
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I am delighted to see that our objections to this system were "listened to" so well, that not only are we getting this completely unwanted update, but we're getting it three months ahead of time.

Yet when we ask for bug fixes or QoL changes to be rushed over, we're told that it's impossible and we'll have to wait for the patch they belong to.

not really 3 months ahead of time, as the updates are always packaged differently for GMS than they are released in KMS.

putting it that way, we are also getting Cadena and some new 5th job skills 3 weeks early and getting maple achievements 1 month early.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    RIP Link Mules. Better spent the next 2 weeks getting all of those done. </3
  • CuddlePuddleCuddlePuddle
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    first they nerf the drop rate on nodestones then this? wow.. disappointment. please keep the old system until a BETTER system has been thought of!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    This could be a killing blow to Reboot. A lot of people who don't have meso gear will farm bosses for some mesos. It also will hurt leveling and just general QoL. Please Nexon...hear us out for ONCE.
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    Interesting, So a 6 Man Team at Normal Damien in Reboot will give approx 103.99Mil and dividing it by 6 would mean 17.33mil/Per... Not too sure how I feel about this honestly. Statistically speaking if someone were to Solo Damien in Reboot you could get 69.33Mil. I've yet to even touch Damien prior to this change so I have no clue on his original payout, However, 69mil seems like it might be a little low? I have yet to fight or watch videos on Damien because I'm lazy, so I'm not sure on how strong he is or if Solo is even possible without insane funding. If he is easy to kill Solo then 69mil is fine but if he is super hard it seems kinda low imo.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Oh hey look, another terrible decision.Add that into the bread basket of things that should never happened/are happening! (Item Drop nerf, Sengoku class nerfs,..)
    Seriously though this is a terrible idea.
    Not surprised that Nexon isn't listening to us.
    gadgetduderobtbs
    edited November 2017
    Yup. Seems like it's going to go through no matter what we do.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    R.I.P Reboot

At least I'm safe on Zenith.. I hope..