[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to cast skills at Lucid

FortunatEvanFortunatEvan
Reactions: 830
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Technical Issue? - Unable to cast skills

Brief bug summary:
Unable to cast any skills in Lucid Boss Fight

More details:
For whatever reason I was unable to attack or cast any skill at all during weekly lucid run (same thing happened to 2 others in party). Not quite sure what caused this, but I was able to attack against after a couple of deaths. Someone else who had the bug was able to attack again after a couple minutes, which makes me think it's not something related to dying (I died a couple times where I was still unable to attack afterwards)
Recording of the bug (started recording a minute orso after it occured): https://youtube.com/watch?v=rVhdyjSgkR0&feature=youtu.be

Steps to reproduce:
Enter Lucid, seems to randomly happen.

Character name: Fortunate
Character level: 250
Character job: Bishop
World name: Luna
Date and time of the incident: 21:00 CET 04-11-2017

Comments

• JunthewanJunthewan
    Reactions: 350
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Yes I also got this bugged. Happened Nov 5 during normal lucid.
    It happened to everyone in my party at one point.
    I couldn't attack until either i died or took around 15~20 sec to attack again.

Not sure what caused this issue, as it happened both 1st and 2nd phase to my party member.

It happened personally for me in 1st phase and my party member in 1st phase as well.
    But my party member experience this in 2nd phase as well.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Not personally had it, but a few from the group I'm in have had it.

Seen a few mentioning it in the Discord too. Please look into it..

Example: https://imgur.com/NQMoLDG
  • KandonKandon
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2017
    Just happened to my party member (Xenon). He was locked 30 sec average and the longest being a minute and a half.

A friend said it may be caused by standing too close to a sickle spawn.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    IGNs of people who have had the bug (in Reboot): Cayri, Halsters, AmusingWord, SternShower and ImBroki
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited November 2017
    same here, can't use any skill in lucid sometimes after death.
  • celooceloo
    Reactions: 620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I experienced this bug too. I believe it may have something to do with buff preservation. I was guild res'd in damien and I couldn't attack or flash jump for about 20 seconds. Also had this issue in lucid with everyone in the party.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Here's a Reddit thread with people talking about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/7eey5h/lucid_glitch_cant_attack_or_use_potions_after/

Going by the thread it seems like quite a common problem people are having.
  • LShadow3LShadow3
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Here's a video of my Lucid party. Obre glitched out before I did, but I glitched at around 53:30 after I respawned.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202399752
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Personally had it happen to me now too, only lasted for 15 seconds or so though (in Phase 1 Lucid, after dying to a Dragon).
  • PitrackPitrack
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2017
    Started the aforementioned thread on Reddit and just wanted to add my two cents - this happens to at least half my party every single time we do Lucid and is not difficult to reproduce . To my knowledge, the issue either effects the majority of the classes in the game or is not triggered by a class-related bug. My party has tested out dropping mesos and equips during the boss fight to end the glitch to no avail (a suggestion brought up on the Reddit thread).
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2017
    maybe its shade link skill.. last week i did run without it and i didn't experienced this issue, and today i went with this link active and suffered from this issue..

i lost the run because of that ofc, so i tomorrow i will give it a try without shade link skill

someone should really pass this issue to nexon game team.. they need to fix this annoying bug. i didn't enjoyed Lucid because of that.
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2017
    ok shade link skill is fine..

KMS also had this bug, and it got fixed at this patch:
    https://orangemushroom.net/2017/08/09/kms-ver-1-2-282-maplestory-nova-illium-the-wings-of-brilliance/

"Fixed an error where you could not use skills after falling while fighting Lucid."

Please someone pass it to game team so they won't miss this.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2017
    Can you please let us know if it happens after the patch tomorrow :)
  • JulyJuly
    edited November 2017
    Okhura wrote: »

well its not in Patch notes, Bug fixes section...

No one forwarded this to nexon.. And seems like no one in nexon checking this forum..
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    this happened more than ever (to our group at least) after the patch. Previously this only sometimes affected our members but all 6 of us were affected today.
  • BaydenNBaydenN
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    Bug type: Gameplay (idk?)

Brief bug summary: Upon reviving you are unable to do anything except move around without skills.

More details: Now this might be pure speculating but when you are being ressurected in Lucid and now recently Chaos Papulatus, you are not respawned in the traditional black screen reload into the map type of fashion, you are instantly revived and teleported to the far left of the map (in both Chaos Papulatus and Lucid) and it is during this form of ressurection that my character is unable to do anything be it using skills, potions, NPC chat to try and forfeit and retry without waiting for all my lives to run out.

Steps to reproduce: Die inChaos Papulatus (and it also happened during Lucid) and upon being revived and teleported you are unable to use skills, use npc chat, change equips and i don't believe you can use potions either.

Character name: Fétch

Character level: 227

Character job: Cannoneer

World name: Yellonde

Date and time of the incident: Was happening often during Lucid prior to the latest Patch. Haven't retried Lucid post patch but Chaos Papulatus is where the bug has come round.

Please let me not be the only one experiencing this~
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited November 2017
    This also happens at Papulatus.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited November 2017
    July wrote: »
    Okhura wrote: »

well its not in Patch notes, Bug fixes section...

No one forwarded this to nexon.. And seems like no one in nexon checking this forum..

We did, just seems we forgot to post in here that it was forwarded.
    Sometimes stuff gets fixed with updates randomly which is why I was asking for it to be checked again.

Since it isn't fixed I will pass it on again.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Not sure if it's purely Pap/Lucid, but I ran Easy Cygnus after patch and died+respawned and was still able to do everything okay afterwards.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    This also happens at Papulatus.

Adding extra confirmation here that it also affects papulatus.