[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question answered

AriesDRXAriesDRX
Reactions: 940
edited January 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
Question answered. (:

@mod Delete thread if you can?

Comments

• TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited November 2017
    I mean, it didn't say it was going to be temp either. If people didn't bother doing it, it is 110% their fault o.o;
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AriesDRX wrote: »
    So... was the custom kitty buff supposed to be permanent or not? Because it's still there.
    I'm not sure if they forgot to remove it or not.

I sure hope it's not permanent because no where it said it was going to be permanent. Because Nexon didn't specify it was going to be permanent, and it seems unfair to anyone who didn't bother doing the quest assuming it was not permanent like all the other similar events.

My guess is it's going to modded after the big maintenance tomorrow since they haven't given out the rings yet either.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    If you complete balance element daily missions multiple times, you'll be rewarded with a Custom Kitty Special Power. The Custom Kitty Special Power will turn into a ring after the event ends. The ring's power will be based on the number of balance element missions completed (5x, 10x, or 15x). The more missions you complete, the more powerful the ring will be!

The above makes it very clear that the buff will be permanent, although it says it would be in the form of a ring, not a summon.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    ^will it be a buff from the ring (like LGR) or just the stats of the ring? 'The rings power' makes it seem like the latter but who knows for sure right now.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2017
    It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, but I definitely did read about it being permanent. So I have probably read this in-game. But I didn't even know what stats we could get. If the stats are different per type of Cat eyes, body and accessoires, then I don't know what I got. I was like...I will just pick one that looks nice lol.

I didn't really used the summon as it was kinda big, so I didn't know about the stats then. I did complete them all however.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2017
    So... was the custom kitty buff supposed to be permanent or not? Because it's still there.

I sure hope it's not permanent because no where it said it was going to be permanent. Because Nexon didn't specify it was going to be permanent, and it seems unfair to anyone who didn't bother doing the quest assuming it was not permanent like all the other similar events.

You snooze, you lose. I hope it's permanent. It'll keep people on their toes and less arrogant about these kind of fun events. I saw to many people blow it off acting like they were to good to do the simple things it would have taken to get it completed. The buff is nice but not game breaking. If someone didn't do it they will still be fine and besides the kitties are very cute.
    TheToxicDudeFromRene
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2017
    bootlicker wrote: »

You snooze, you lose. I hope it's permanent. It'll keep people on their toes and less arrogant about these kind of fun events. I saw to many people blow it off acting like they were to good to do the simple things it would have taken to get it completed. The buff is nice but not game breaking. If someone didn't do it they will still be fine and besides the kitties are very cute.

AKradian already mentioned that it's mentioned in the patch notes. See his reply above.
    The patch notes clearly state that the temporary buff will be removed and replaced with a permanent version of your final kitty in the form of a ring.

As for your other statement, arrogance has nothing to do with it in my opinion. GMS often has events where the final reward is only available for a certain period of time before it expires (see the titles, medals, or other equips that events have rewarded over the past few months). In this case you either read the patch notes or you didn't. After doing so, you either considered it a good use of your time. . . or you didn't. You can't blame people for blowing off this event because the rewards mentioned in the patch notes weren't appealing to them.
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2017
    I did read the patch notes, but yesterday after they removed the NPC I noticed the buff was still on the floating kitty. This threw me off.

It’s not about being arrogant. If you’re gonna participate in an event it should be worth your time. Not be forced to do it just incase.

Nexon should’ve simply added a straightforward like “ The buff will transfer to the ring which will be permanent after the event “

It still doesn’t say wether the ring will be permanent or expire. I don’t like to assume. Sure it sounds more like the ring will be permanent, but it only sounds that way. I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks for the answers guys!