[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reconsider the In-game name Cooldown

RaindewRaindew
Reactions: 1,030
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
for the love of your game, please freaking take this feature off, its just so frustrating to make a new character now, we basically just have to think of an ign on the spot and it just never works out. Especially to a lot of us who had igns stored for future classes (we all know new classes come at least once a year or so) Pretty sure GMS doesnt have to follow ALL of KMS's updates and i know there are many of you who have some stored igns you want to use. This is definitely not a good way to counter money traders as to this is just going to make other players more angry and frustrated, maybe even quit. Honestly i just want to be able to use my damn ign without having to sit on my computer for 24+ hours thinking "is it time yet?"

For people who want to know the cooldown on the ign timer, it takes 24 hours to be completely erased in the systtem, then another randomized amount of time, which can be from 1 week to 30 days. YES 30 DAYS, 1 whole MONTH.

Edit: I meant to spell useless but i guess i was just so angry it came out as usless.
Games_Of_ChanceLilyflowerMageOfBattlesMesosEnvoSherriChristmasMissalovesTimidBooberpuppyand 3 others.
  1. In-game name cool down is unnecessary and usless66 votes
    1. Yes
       92% (61 votes)
    2. No
       5% (3 votes)
    3. could care less
       3% (2 votes)

Comments

• RaindewRaindew
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    what the actual hell is this?
    This is the stupidest idea i seen in this patch. if this is your way to block people from doing cash trades for in-game names.
    you probably pissed off some people who ACTUALLY saved their in-game name in case of new classes they want to make.
    now who the hell is to say that thanks to this freaking idea, how many people will set up computer programs to snipe igns.
    having igns stored for your own use is completely useless now, thanks a lot. what a great way to making Cadena.

probably going to see a bunch of LMAOItsDanny and ItsYoBoyRich etc, wth was the point in having the name deletion event when we can no longer use them at this point.
    and dont freaking clown saying "sit there for hours and try to reclaim your ign" this is a stupid implant
    You failed to catch RMT players who sell igns and you punishing your WHOLE community.
    Have fun trying to make a decent character.
    MesosHeweySherriBooberpuppy
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited November 2017
    How long is the cooldown, I can't find it in the patch notes. Stuck waiting for my cadena's ign to release.
    Mesos
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited November 2017
    yea thx alot nexon you pice of puzzle
    Now I have to wait 24 hrs to play Cadena and Zero.
    LilyflowerMesos
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, I have a bunch of names that I saved for the day I decide to level a class, this is going to make things like burning events a pain. I think it would have been better to either not have added this or to have the name become only Publicly available after a random time but allowing users to delete and remake a character with the same name without delay.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Oh.. can't recreate my Zero now. >:(
  • RaindewRaindew
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Useless*
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2017
    Agreed. But this whole patch is a disaster...
    Games_Of_ChancePissedOffMesosSlicedTimeLotusBlackSherriBooberpuppy
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017
    Won't get to play cadena till Friday due to my late night schedule on thursday. Thanks for nothing nexon.
  • iBeariBear
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I didn't know about this... I thought some hacker stole it but when I deleted another ign that I wont be using it wasn't working either so I felt relieved a bit...
    Thanks for the post! Now I know I have to wait 24 hrs to use the ign I deleted.

I got a few questions though, if I want to rename my existing char with a ign I already saved, does that mean I have to wait 24hrs to change my ign? And the existing char ign will be on cool down too when changed or instantly available? Is it safer to level up IGN chars to over 30 so we have a deletion confirmation after the 24hrs and then we can use the ign right away?

So many questions... I swear they should remove it for the better of the community =X

Update! I searched the period of cool down time on Naver to see how long it is for KMS & replies to the post was that it is minimum 24 hrs + @ which the @ can be max to a week or 1 hr if you are lucky. (Post was from 8th Nov 2017).

So...... can NA servers please get rid of this system? =X
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017
    Once upon a time we could check the ign before we created a character.

How far maple has fallen...

Lilyflower
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Conspiracy: they’re doing this because the release of ms2 is closing in on us. ( merely satire)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Agreed. But this whole patch is a disaster...

they got the skill buffs right. My phantom has 95% final damage with cross surge now. + final cut goes beyond 100%

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2017
    Wow... there is a cool down for creating a character -.-" idk who come up with this idea but it's stupid and useless if anyone say *deal with it and move on* well not in my watch gg Nexon america gg.
  • SumiSumi
    Reactions: 1,840
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Where did you guys find oit about this cause im not seeing it or just reading passed it. Even tho im happy i found this topic thought i lost 2 of my char names...
  • RaindewRaindew
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    iBear wrote: »
    I didn't know about this... I thought some hacker stole it but when I deleted another ign that I wont be using it wasn't working either so I felt relieved a bit...
    Thanks for the post! Now I know I have to wait 24 hrs to use the ign I deleted.

I got a few questions though, if I want to rename my existing char with a ign I already saved, does that mean I have to wait 24hrs to change my ign? And the existing char ign will be on cool down too when changed or instantly available? Is it safer to level up IGN chars to over 30 so we have a deletion confirmation after the 24hrs and then we can use the ign right away?

So many questions... I swear they should remove it for the better of the community =X

Update! I searched the period of cool down time on Naver to see how long it is for KMS & replies to the post was that it is minimum 24 hrs + @ which the @ can be max to a week or 1 hr if you are lucky. (Post was from 8th Nov 2017).

So...... can NA servers please get rid of this system? =X
    Sumi wrote: »
    Where did you guys find oit about this cause im not seeing it or just reading passed it. Even tho im happy i found this topic thought i lost 2 of my char names...

This little feature wasn’t announced but apparently was apart of kms’s patch. This is our “Happy new class” surprise we got. As far as I’ve heard, igns take up to 24 hours to be deleted, and (people say it’s a glitch) it takes up to 30 days to reclaim LOOL. I mean 24 hour cd ok (not really okay) but up to 30 days is a joke. Happy Cadena Release day everyone!!!

Now everyone’s gonna have to sit their butts down on their computer for who knows how long, when making a new character trying out every single ign they can. Really wth was the point in the ign wipe event.. all my igns for future classes are ruined.

Not everyone snatched igns to sell for real cash, some of us enjoy making new classes with really good igns. I swear every time nexon comes up with a way to punish hackers and exploiters, the legitimate players have to suffer even more -_-
    Sherri
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited May 2018
    ‌ ‍ ‎
  • EnvoEnvo
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2017
    I agree. This change does not improve the gameplay experience for any GMS players - it weakens it.

There was no threat to a player's progression in-game with the previous IGN system. It did not provide any advantages, nor did it affect any content.

I want to see a reason for this change - if I actually see a good reason, I would gladly accept the change.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017
    Envo wrote: »
    I agree. This change does not improve the gameplay experience for any GMS players - it weakens it.

There was no threat to a player's progression in-game with the previous IGN system. It did not provide any advantages, nor did it affect any content.

I want to see a reason for this change - if I actually see a good reason, I would gladly accept the change.

The reason nexon used was to prevent people from selling names. :T I just wanna name my Cadena.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017
    The introduction of the name cooldown surprised us as well and because of this, it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.
    First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for this oversight and now it comes down to us and the community delivering feedback in regards to this cooldown.

From reading through the posts in this thread, I can see that Maplers hate it.
    However, it was informed that this system was introduced to discourage individuals from mass storing names to either sell or prevent others from using.

It's a given that everyone wants the best names to themselves, but do you guys feel that this may help the overall fairness of name distribution? Or is it preferred to retain the first come first server name save basis?
    DarkPassengerKingopiratesKelpTheGreat
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    The introduction of the name cooldown surprised us as well and because of this, it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.
    First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for this oversight and now it comes down to us and the community delivering feedback in regards to this cooldown.

From reading through the posts in this thread, I can see that Maplers hate it.
    However, it was informed that this system was introduced to discourage individuals from mass storing names to either sell or prevent others from using.

It's a given that everyone wants the best names to themselves, but do you guys feel that this may help the overall fairness of name distribution? Or is it preferred to retain the first come first server name save basis?

It does NOT help at all Arwoo. Please revert it.
    Christmas