[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

[v190] Mercedes Broken (and more)

WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
Reactions: 1,120
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Off the bat, I noticed that half of my key config was gone and all of my macros were emptied. I tried to get the same key config back. One thing I noticed: can't use Ignis Roar anymore. I checked the patch notes and it says that it's now a passive skill completely. This, however, is contradicted in the very next line of the patch notes:
Ishtar's Ring: Increased damage and added an effect that increases the duration of the Ignis Roar buff when monsters are hit.

WHAT?!?!?!

Also, the key shortcut for Monster Book is completely gone.
Also, when trying to get back all of my skill chain to key shortcuts, I noticed that something STILL doesn't add up. Now my merc is at the very top of the map before I even know it. What gives? It was already annoying enough that the character goes up one platform. Now I just leap to the top of the map.

I am very disappointed with the tweaks to the existing skills that this patch brought. Would it kill to just add Cadena, run the event and that's it?

Oh, and don't get me started with the max 1 entry per day. WAS ALL OF THIS NECESSARY?!?!?

Comments

• WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    edited November 2017
    I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!
    Using an older screenshot, I've found my key-skill sequence. It was Rising Rush -> Rolling Moonsault -> Leap Tornado -> Spikes Royale.

NOW, FOR SOME REASON, I CAN'T USE MOONSAULT AFTER RISING RUSH.
    PLEASE REVERT MOONSAULT TO ORIGINAL STATE.
    THANKS!

Edit
    Rolling Moonsault: Can be used alone and resets jump count after use.
    Should be more like
    Rolling Moonsault: Can no longer be used properly and resets everything that was good and right about Mercedes. Have fun~~

Edit 2
    But, to recap the good things that came out of this:
    - New class and content - great!
    - Just got me a perm android and heart - great!
    - New semi-perm (regular cash with water) pet - cool!
    - Character slots - awesome!
    - The "Test your Liberation Skill" quest (140+ free boxes) - great motives but iffy!
    It's only available to new characters and starts at level 140. It would make more sense with the Super Burn event in progress. Also, I created a new Mihile, but don't see the quest anywhere. I'm worried about keeping this char (messaging my guildies to add it, etc). This is because I don't know if the character, which I created today, will receive the event. Did I create it an hour too early? Anyways, that could be something worth looking into. Also not looking forward to grinding with nothing but 2x exp to level 140. This is tough and sleep depriving.
  • NeonTwilightNeonTwilight
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2017
    WyldeRyder wrote: »

Yes, it's not there anymore . I was able to access the monster book by clicking on the crusader codex (bottom left corner of equipped item inventory). Cumbersome.
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    edited November 2017
    "Rolling Moon

Yes, it's not there anymore . I was able to access the monster book by clicking on the crusader codex (bottom left corner of equipped item inventory). Cumbersome.

Yup. Our whole alliance chat was raving about it. We slowly came to the realization that the shortcut is completely gone, yet the monster book is still working and in effect (still see my Leafre +1 skill buff).

Another thing to watch out for: If you have a pet with auto pot / auto mana / auto allcure, watch out! The slots are empty and you need to re-add them! It took me a while to figure this out, since I'm a bit overpowered, but realized this when the elite mobs started attacking me!
  • NeonTwilightNeonTwilight
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2017
    Another thing to watch out for: If you have a pet with auto pot / auto mana / auto allcure, watch out! The slots are empty and you need to re-add them! It took me a while to figure this out, since I'm a bit overpowered, but realized this when the elite mobs started attacking me!

Odd. I cannot check this on a merc at the moment but I did check on an explorer and and my pet tab looks exactly as it did before the patch. So possibly this is class/job specific or could be random.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    One thing I noticed: can't use Ignis Roar anymore. I checked the patch notes and it says that it's now a passive skill completely. This, however, is contradicted in the very next line of the patch notes:
    Ishtar's Ring: Increased damage and added an effect that increases the duration of the Ignis Roar buff when monsters are hit.

To clarify: Ignis Roar had 2 buff durations, the main one that you had to cast every 200 seconds, and the final damage buff that you get from linking attack skills which stacks up to 10 times and lasts 10 seconds. The Ignis Roar buff extension from using Ishtar's Ring refers to the final damage buff. Ignis Roar now being passive means you no longer have to cast it to start gaining final damage stacks but you still need to link attack skills to gain the stacks anyway. In other words, Ignis Roar is now fully parallel to Blaster's Combo Training and Cadena's Muscle Memory. This also means you no longer have to worry about losing the final damage stacks due to having the main buff expire, which was probably the reason for changing Ignis Roar into a passive skill. KMS recently extended the final damage buff duration to 15 seconds.
  • WyldeRyderWyldeRyder
    edited December 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    One thing I noticed: can't use Ignis Roar anymore. I checked the patch notes and it says that it's now a passive skill completely. This, however, is contradicted in the very next line of the patch notes:

To clarify: Ignis Roar had 2 buff durations, the main one that you had to cast every 200 seconds, and the final damage buff that you get from linking attack skills which stacks up to 10 times and lasts 10 seconds. The Ignis Roar buff extension from using Ishtar's Ring refers to the final damage buff. Ignis Roar now being passive means you no longer have to cast it to start gaining final damage stacks but you still need to link attack skills to gain the stacks anyway. In other words, Ignis Roar is now fully parallel to Blaster's Combo Training and Cadena's Muscle Memory. This also means you no longer have to worry about losing the final damage stacks due to having the main buff expire, which was probably the reason for changing Ignis Roar into a passive skill. KMS recently extended the final damage buff duration to 15 seconds.

Ok, what about not being able to do Rolling Moonsault after Rising Rush anymore?
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »

Ok, what about not being able to do Rolling Moonsault after Rising Rush anymore?

Extremely late reply, but I just found out that Rolling Moonsault cannot be activated on ground, whether trying to use it alone or right after Rising Rush. This is clearly a bug.

Moderator Note: Do not bump old threads. Feel free to make a bug report regarding this issue.
This discussion has been closed.